What's Up: Long Load Times for the "Open File" Windor in Photoshop CS3

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by mousehole, Dec 5, 2008.

1. mousehole

mousehole Active Member

What's Up: Long Load Times for the "Open File" Window in Photoshop CS3

I refuse to believe there is something wrong with my MacBook Pro, and am hoping it's something to do with my software.

Here's the deal:

When I click on the "Open" items within Photoshop CS3, the dialog window opens, but then spinning beach ball appears for a looooong time. Sometimes, after a minute, it finally lists all the files within the directory, but other times the program crashes.

It's gotten to the point that I never "Open" a file directly within Photoshop - I just use Finder, then drag the file into the PS icon on my dock, as a cheap workaround.

An Art Director friend mentioned something about "Appendices". What's up with those? I googled "Photoshop Appendices" but got nothing usable.

Help me out please.

I use a licensed CS3 kit on a previous generation MBP 2.4GHZ (the last one released before the unibodies).

#1 mousehole, Dec 5, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
  2. SonicYan

SonicYan Member

3. IronMan

IronMan Member

Is the BBOD [beachball of death] system-wide?

In that case, try running Onyx. Repair permissions, clean up caches and all other temporary files. Check your disk space too.