what's the best aluminum case for iphone 4?

Discussion in 'iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple Watch' started by feistycarlo, Jan 15, 2012.

1. feistycarlo

feistycarlo Member

Hello muggers!

I'm currently in the look out for the perferct aluminum case that's available locally. What do you guys recommend based on your personal experience with this type of case? where can i get them?

Im particularly looking for one that will least diminish the iphone's signal and will not create a big hole in my pocket. :)

Thanks! Will wait for some helpful suggestions. :)

2. shaft

shaft Well-Known Member

Vapor Comp.

Ive gone through some aluminum/metal cases and so far Vapor Comp is pretty good.

My 1st was the first element vapor. I had 2, one was the limited metal bronze i forgot and the other was a black (Both still w me), They had issues signal both cellular and gps. Then i tried the Blade, i have 2 as well - Black and red combo and a Silver and blue. This had issues signal and gps as well. Then i tried e13tron - this was one of the coolest looking metals out there. However i never got to test the cell and gps issues if there were any. The prob was the screws- after sometime the tiny screwa (6) gave out and lost its thread. I had to rip apart the case (Still w me). Then i went Vapor Pro Black ops- This one solved the cell issue but not the gps issues. Gave it to my son. Anyway the gps issue is only when moving- e.g.; it can locate you properly but when using apps gps maps that needs to track you on streets, thats where the prob will occur- it goes haywire north south etc. you'll be all over the place after some turns.

Anyway w the V.Comp - none of those issues are there and i have to say its the best looking one out there right now.

There are more metal/aluminum cases out there but these are the ones I've tried so far and the experiences I've had w them. HTH

3. chanvillena

chanvillena Member

From what I've read here, Vapor is indeed a popular choice. :)

4. Adel

Adel Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes, I have to agree, Vapor is a good choice. I have the Vapor4 case, and while people say that the signal diminishes with this model, I haven't noticed anything excessive. The newer models remove the signal problem entirely, so it's all good.

5. feistycarlo

feistycarlo Member

Thanks for sharing your experiences with different aluminum cases!

Now my question is how much is the vapor comp case and where can i get one?

6. shaft

shaft Well-Known Member

I got my Vapor Comp from applewerkz Katipunan. He has a thread here i suggest search "applewerkz".
    You can PM him if he still has stocks and how much. HTH