What's happening with BTB's service?

Discussion in 'Beyond The Box' started by mosaka, Apr 26, 2018.

1. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Active Member

Chat with apple support first. I was able to get a repair request for my service battery MBP 15 2017. agent said I was covered by the free replacement for the whole bottom case. chat was july 21, scheduled with powermac at july 23, 2020. they called, said to backup and reformat. lead time for the repair was 1-2 weeks.

2. d.know

d.know Member

That was literally the first thing I did.

No idea why in your case they set a schedule on your behalf, but on mine they kept putting the onus on me. Kept giving me the roundabout "please check until an available appointment appears" or "we can only see the schedule for the next seven days".

Calling PMC directly is the same, it's either "Apple controls our schedule via the website" or "try to refresh every morning and check if the new day has a free slot".

jayparalejas likes this.
  3. jayparalejas

I was able to drop off my unit today. I guess keep chatting with apple support for a schedule. Was there today at 1pm and they accomodated me coz no one was there literally. I am the only customer for the day. The service center name is mobile care by powermac.

4. jayparalejas

5. d.know

d.know Member

Update:

three weeks have passed and my phone is still “queued for repair”

And I guess they gave up on responding to people and have stopped answering their phones because I tried calling yesterday and today for at least an update on the backlog but no one is picking up

6. alikishi

alikishi Well-Known Member

In my case, after roughly 33 days, BTB texted me that it's my time for diagnostics :) diagnostics palang to ah. Not sure how long diagnostics will last and how long ordering of parts will also last

7. alikishi

alikishi Well-Known Member

H
    Just an update, I was able to get my laptop already. Total wait time since I left my laptop is 10 days lang :)

ronjet likes this.
  8. d.know

d.know Member

They probably didn't need to order parts abroad I guess?

This week will mark the fifth week that they're still waiting on a replacement phone from Singapore. I really think this is terrible customer service on part of Apple and their official resellers. Might complain to DTI, idk. Lawyer friend tells me I have a stronger case if I have a dispute that falls after the warranty period but adjusted for how long my phone isn't actually with me (2 months!)

9. d.know

d.know Member

Juices Cries.

Finally got an update.
    The replacement phone hasn't even been ordered yet!
    That's because they were waiting on NTC permit and registration, and now I'm told they were waiting for OMB permit as well? iPhones have optical media now? Holy hell.
    What's even more hilarious is that while they were waiting on this OMB permit, the previous NTC permit expired and now they have to do it all over again?

Skeletal workforce my ass. I know people with companies kept afloat by less than the number of fingers on your one hand and they get things done with government offices just as fast as they would before a pandemic. This is just hilarious ineptitude from a freaking service center.

docjbr likes this.
  10. kcirecarg718

kcirecarg718 Well-Known Member

You can call AppleCare Philippines and ask for a replacement since you have been without your phone for 5 weeks already.

11. d.know

d.know Member

I'm not covered under AppleCare anymore, but I'm still under regular warranty so I decided to give Apple a call, they were concerned why this whole service saga is taking two months and did their own investigation.

Remember a BTB rep told me they haven't ordered a replacement yet on account of their permit requests expiring, Apple found out they did ship out replacement phones as per their request already and it's just been stuck in customs while BTB is sleeping on permits.

I really do not buy the whole skeletal workforce issue. I personally know people who get all their import permits, including NTC and OMB, within one week, even during these times. BTB is trying to make it appear that it's the government's fault when it's their negligence.

ronjet and jayparalejas like this.