What's happening with BTB's service?

Discussion in 'Beyond The Box' started by mosaka, Apr 26, 2018.

1. x_krusty

x_krusty Member

Yup. Bought the ipad and the keyboard together. I just hoped they informed me that the keyboard is for the 2020 ipad and not for the ipadpro that i am buying, though working/compatible naman ung keyboard, awkward lng na square ung camera slot.

and if i had known that the ipad I’m buying is not the 2020 version, di na muna sana ako bibili.

Juice likes this.
  2. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

Well at least it works. Years ago when I bought a charger so I can charge an iPad and iPhone, they sold me a dual slot charger. It turns out you can't charge both at the same time it melted. :ROFLMAO:

docjbr likes this.
  3. mree

mree Well-Known Member

This is where our consumer protection is still at a weak point. Unfortunately, DTI won't allow returns in this situation kahit na dapat naman eh si seller sabihin na lumang model ang binebenta nila. Ang stand kasi ng DTI dapat explicit na sabihin na newer model kasi daw as long as na fulfill na iPad Pro ang binigay, tama pa din si seller. I think the burden should be with the seller in informing the consumer that they're selling something old, especially if the manufacturer is already marketing it's newest model.

Anyway, some would argue na konti lang ng difference ng older versus new model. Although ako, if may bago na din naman, and hindi malayo ang pricing, i'd definitely go for the latest one. Especially may difference na nag mamatter like RAM, storage, etc.

ronjet likes this.
  4. x_krusty

x_krusty Member

Medyo ok naman na sakin na old model nakuha ko kaso ung keyboard case kasi.

At first, I’m not sure if I was given the wrong case or yung iPad na nabili ko yung mali. Pero someone said na sa gray market pa lng available ung 2020 model.. so I guess, I was given the wrong keyboard case. Buti sana kng mura lng na pwede bumili ulit kaso walang magawa kasi andyan na. Heheheh sad.. :( :(

5. kinse_44

kinse_44 PhilMUG Addict Member

Checking the Apple PH store, they only sell the new magic keyboard or the new smart keyboard folio (no trackpad included). The previous model of the smart keyboard folio for the iPad Pro 11 inch isn't available anymore on their online store. Maybe BTB isn't selling the previous model anymore just like the Apple PH store.

6. Zoey

Zoey Active Member

The sudden removal of Philmug discounts and stories such as yours soured my love for BTB. Now I simply buy directly from the US and have it fright forwarded here. What a pity, they used to be so great, now they are no different from PowerMac.

7. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

Same for me. All my products for the past decade were from BTB, especially since they took care of us during Christmas parties. But I can count more than 10 products that I've bought from them, so it was fair enough already, I think. But ever since they did that to me, I've made it a point to "avoid" them, purchase products from Power Mac or Switch, and before when I was vocal about supporting them, when people ask, well I was taught never to say anything bad, I just find myself giving other suggestions. It was a good run, but good things can always change.

8. kinse_44

One thing that I didn't like about BTB is that some Apple products in their catalog have a slightly higher price than what's on the Apple PH online store.

9. Seven Leaves

Seven Leaves Active Member

I was in the market for a Mac Mini and was surprised how much more expensive their Mini was vs the PH Apple store. Their prices used to be competitive. My guess is that their bread is buttered mostly by their installment buyers who are willing to pay “zero interest” at their higher then average SRP.

10. cholale

cholale Member

power mac also has a higher price than SRP from apple online store

11. d.know

d.know Member

Anyone had a unit serviced by BTB lately?
    Asking because it's pretty bad trying to get an appointment with PMC but BTB has lots of slots open.
    Only caveat is the service center said it might take them three weeks to diagnose, but was just wondering if that's only to cover their backs? Realistically, do they really take 3 weeks to diagnose?

12. kinse_44

3 weeks seems long but it could be possible these days because of their limited working hours. Staff aren't in full capacity, malls close early, and I doubt they would let their technicians bring units home to work on it.

13. alikishi

alikishi Well-Known Member

3 weeks to diagnose? :( My laptop battery is bloated and I am not sure if it is covered by the warranty. My unit is still covered until 2021. I can't be out of a laptop for 3 weeks just for diagnosis :(

14. d.know

d.know Member

Like they said, it's feasible that with a skeleton workforce and reduced work hours they will take up to three weeks but I'm really just hoping that's to temper customer expectations and the reality isn't so bad.

I'm gonna wait three weeks for a diagnosis and if ever it is going to be for replacement, that's another month! Two months total seems like a ridiculous wait for a phone repair (will they extend warranty for those two months I'll lose even?)

Luckily my second phone isn't dead yet, but man I feel for ya. Especially in these times, to be out of a laptop for 3 weeks is too long!

15. sbuckspodium

sbuckspodium Member

Have you called apple support directly?!? Maybe try that instead, at least if that goes well all you'll have to do is wait for the battery replacement...
    And i do hope you are not still actively using that with the bloated battery..

16. wuyckie

wuyckie Member

Does freight forwarder open plastic wrapping the box? so they can take picture

17. kinse_44

ShippingCart doesn't. They open the carton box where the item is placed but they do not remove its plastic wrapper and unbox your item to take a picture of it.

18. alikishi

alikishi Well-Known Member

I had my laptop checked last saturday. They said waiting line for diagnosis (diagnosis palang) is around 4 weeks. Then when parts come in, another 3 weeks to fix.

At least they allow me to keep the laptop muna so that I can use it for my WFH arrangement. They will then call me if it's my laptop's time to be diagnosed already.

19. d.know

d.know Member

Huh that's longer than the three they quoted me. At least you got to keep your laptop, my phone is with them Crazy how covid really messed up everything

I hope warranty is extended by how long a device isn't with you

20. d.know

d.know Member

Update to services times:

Tried to call not really to follow up but just to check on how far along my phone is in the queue. As of today they're still processing items dropped off from the last weekend June.
    Really looks like everyone is up for a long wait. According to Apple Support, for the Philippines, warranty coverage is not extended for how long a device is not with you so if this whole process takes two months, then that's two months off your initial 1 year coverage.

As for PMC, I asked them if ever I can grab a schedule online (which you still can't always fully booked as soon as one more day is unlocked), their techs will assess your phone on that appointment so you'd know exactly what will happen. I wish BTB did the same rather than keep accepting devices and then make you wait a month before you even get a word, but then again PMC just made it really difficult to secure a slot.