What's happening with BTB's service?

Discussion in 'Beyond The Box' started by mosaka, Apr 26, 2018.

1. ronjet

ronjet PhilMUG Addict Member

Yes. They usually reply or act as fast as 2 days. I actually got a complaint from one of my client regarding ‘no return no exchange policy’. Received the regular mail with a copy of the said letter just after 2-3 days after the complaint was made.Complaint was done thru their hotline. It will have a ‘ticket number’ and will ask you to reply directly to the concern person/entity and copy furnish to their mediation division on any actions taken.

P.s. even the complaint was unfair for us(I think) we just agreed on exchanging the item just to free us some headaches.

2. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

^Karma? Why karma, when you are the one doing the complaining? You can give them the benefit of the doubt but when it comes to making a statement of fact based on legitimate issues then why not do it? There is no retribution for doing the right thing here. That is the reason why people keep on griping about their issues and complaints yet would not do anything concrete about it because they think it's a waste of time and effort or they just don't think anything will happen with it. That's a fatalistic attitude most Pinoys have and yet they blame other people for that rather than themselves.

lsalapare, souffles, Edelheid and 5 others like this.
  3. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

24 thousand is a lot! The simple rule of no services rendered when you bought something can be an argument here. I think the doc is right about going through the DTI. It's the next logical step. Another step would be to go straight to their office, and talk to someone who actually has the power to decide. The ones in the store isn't the last, no matter what their policy is. I'm pretty sure some of their staff is reading this thread too. Maybe they'll do it themselves. People complain for a lot less like airplane tickets and get a refund.

4. hitme64

Or Grab, or Lazada, or even i-Studio for that matter. I returned an unused AW4 Nike strap last June and they accepted it and asked if I wanted to replace it with another item. No other questions asked on why I returned it or if I had issues with it. i-Studio Gateway deserves kudos for that. I also have had no problems with i-Studio GH and am proud to say they were willing to rehabilitate my 2010 iMac that I bought from them nine years ago. These are the kind of personal services we long for especially for us aficionados of Apple products. We’re not asking for entitlement but an understanding of what we want and what the store can do for us in return. That’s how you build your customer base relationship supposedly. Heck, i-Studio even remembers my name whenever I buy there because they have a working database of customers, especially PhilMug customers. If that isn’t service, then I don’t know what is.

souffles, raypin, catalysmic and 9 others like this.
  5. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan PhilMUG Addict Member

Its unfortunate to hear all these complaints against BTB. When I was a regular customer Of Digital Walker/BTB back then I found their service exceptional and appreciate Charlie’s personal touch. From the feedback before on Philmug, Charlie has built a lot of good will from the Philmuggers. I hope these issue will be resolved by BTB.

Zoey, lsalapare, souffles and 2 others like this.
  6. snipes

snipes Active Member

Did you buy your 2019 iMac from Charlie?

7. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

I don’t buy apple products often, but my last two store-bought iPhone purchases were from BTB during one of those sales they announce here in philmug. My buying experience was pretty decent for those.

I also still buy my accessories from digital walker and BTB when I need something, because I like their selections. I’ve always had good experiences from both so far, and I also had two hassle-free warranty claims from DW not too long ago for a couple of lightning cables which failed. I didn’t even have to go back to the DW branch I bought them from, but made the claims at the DW branches I happened to be near using just pictures of the ORs.

My daughter went to the BTB service center in Vmall last weekend for a dead AirPod and she experienced good service there as well. She’s also been receiving text and email updates from BTB this week regarding the replacement AirPod.

So hopefully, bad experiences with DW/BTB are the exception and not the norm.

8. hitme64

^Or someone has been reading this thread and have made adjustments to their behavioral skills. But compared to i-Studio, BTB and DW in Greenhills had barely customers. It was lonely and quiet inside so to speak and the 2 hours I was just outside their store at the food court, I barely saw anyone enter. I didn’t bother going inside because of my previous experience and I had nothing to do or buy inside.

I’m sure they will tidy up and improve their customer relations. There is nothing that can be done but do the right thing.

lsalapare, raypin, ericb and 2 others like this.
  9. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan PhilMUG Addict Member

Hi Snipes, I bought mine from the online Applestore. When it comes to BTO, the online store offer the same prices as the local retailers but the delivery is faster.

10. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

So just an update.

I did file the complaint, and was able to reach DTI, and spoke with some people. A meeting was set for October 17, 2:00PM for mediation.

October 16, while holding clinic, I had a patient that required surgery, and wanted to have it done the very next day. Patient or being able to tell BTB "I told you so?" Health or sticking it to big companies laughing at us? Obviously, I chose to do the surgery, and informed DTI that I wouldn't be able to go to the meeting. I received an email today from DTI telling me that the case is still open, and that I just have to re-file it and a new schedule will be given, once I re-file it.

Honestly, part of me didn't want to proceed in the past 2 weeks. It wasn't worth it, okay lang naman, hayaan mo na... but I just have this sickening feeling of those behind the desks of BTB laughing, thinking "We got your money, we won't return it, we won't let you use it" and you're going to fail. Yeah, will still re-file it, just because of how they don't really care about their customers anyway.

FAIR TRADE ENFORCEMENT BUREAU

MEDIATION DIVISION

NOTICE OF MEDIATION

Pursuant to Republic Act No. 9285, otherwise known as Alternative Dispute Resolution Act of 1984 and Section 1, Rule X of Department Administrative Order No. 7, series of 2006, the policy of fostering prompt, economical and amicable resolution of disputes in accordance with principles of integrity of determination by the parties, and that the decision making authority in the mediation process rests with the parties, is hereby adopted.

IN VIEW THERE OF, the parties to this case are hereby requested and encouraged to be present in the mediation conference to be held on 17 October 2019 at 2:00 pm at the 3/F Floor FTEB UPRC Building, 315 Sen. Gil Puyat Ave., Makati City (between Pag-Ibig Fund and BIR buildings).

#110 docjbr, Oct 18, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  11. hitme64

^Given that this is an issue that needs to be addressed by BTB management, why hasn’t Charlie spoken up at least?

12. Ghibli

Ghibli PhilMUG Addict Member

Elated that you decided to pursue the case, as this is the right course of action. This will be a precedent to prevent such occurrence in the future. Good luck,

13. hitme64

I also believe there is deceit in the manner by which you were told you will not be able to recover what you paid for when you are entitled to it. It’s plain and simple estafa. You can charge them criminally for that also.

14. potpot2

potpot2 PhilMUG Addict Member

Charlie has been absent for a long time already

15. pinoyslinger

pinoyslinger Active Member

Yung naka ready ka ng bumili sa Resorts World ng iPad Pro 12.9, keyboard at apple pen matapos na paasahin ng salesman, yun naman pala speck case lang ang available na binebenta nila na may kinalaman sa iPad pro na gusto ko. Sabihin nila na matagal na sila walang stock at clueless sila kung kailan dadating.

E di sana may nakalagay man lang na notice na the following products are not available.

What a waste of time and effort.

cholale likes this.
  16. yes!

yes! Member

Whatever happened to this? Just curious

Zoey and potpot2 like this.
  17. docjbr

Still trying to find the time, December was crazy busy for me. I'll do it one of these days. Obviously they've had so many chances to make areglo, and I'm not even talking about compensation. But if they prefer to sit on their high horse and say what they're doing is okay, then I'll find to do it in the future when I do get to find the time.

Zoey likes this.
  18. x_krusty

x_krusty Member

Bought an iPad Pro 11inch and the smart keyboard at Resorts World earlier. Akala ko latest version (2020), pagkauwi ko sa bahay, ung smart keyboard is square ung camera slot pero ung iPad mismo ay hindi.

Was not informed na hndi pala latest model ung iPad pro but the keyboard is. :((

19. potpot2

potpot2 PhilMUG Addict Member

Ipad pro 2020 is only available locally from gray market sellers

20. docjbr

You bought both in the same store? I think that’s a huge difference in sales associates here in the Philippines, compared to other countries. Even in Best Buy, they’ll give an opinion on what works with which. Im sure it was safe to assume you’d be buying that keyboard for the iPad you just bought.. they didn’t attempt to advise you?