What's happening with BTB's service?

Discussion in 'Beyond The Box' started by mosaka, Apr 26, 2018.

1. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

@docjbr file the complaint with DTI. Consider it a test case for us here. We’ll see where it goes from there, and what BTB has to say after all this, and I am sure they’ve been reading this thread altogether. Whatever its outcome will define not only our continuing relationship with them but how much our loyalty and respect above all is worth to them.

Edelheid, ericb, Ghibli and 4 others like this.
  2. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

@duncan @Chip @rvaph , well, it's officially been sent. Right now, it's all moot. It's not really a want anymore, neither is it a need for me to use the GC's, it's just that I kinda feel, as a consumer, I'm on the losing end of this one. Truth is, even if these become valid, I will 100% still give this to @rbenzon should they still be any worth. If none, then they just lose me as a client, because I don't want anymore of their business.

I agree, just a test case. And everything that you said after, does really matter to us. I kinda have these feeling that they're not checking these threads on PhilMUG. You'll notice the other threads here on BTB-PhilMUG have gone unanswered. We're really not that much of a target market for them anymore, I think.

Believe me, it's not that much. I purchased 24,000 pesos total, but this is just a fraction of that. They probably think it's a small amount, and I'm just one client anyway, hence they'd rather brush this off. I'm a really really small percentage of their market.

#82 docjbr, Oct 2, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  3. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

^you could've swept this under the rug. but considering the size (not chump change)—and the validity of your case, based on the presented info— this is worth sharing, so thanks! this is ultimately the value of philmug: us helping one another, beyond what can be generically handled by a google search. :)

4. docjbr

Honestly, I really was about to let it go the first day, especially when you told me to do so. I didn't "let go of it" for a few days in my head, since it was being discussed here. But when they emailed me a third time last Sunday, without me communicating with them, and telling me for the third time that the law says so according to them, when everyone else seem to not think so, then I couldn't let go of it na talaga. A compromise man lang would've been nice, maybe someone will speak to me personally, maybe offer a trade of some sort, or anything man lang... except telling me again that I am wrong and that they are right. I am not saying I am right, but at least we all get a bit of clarity in cases like these. Ayun, email sent this morning only. I did try to really think it over naman :)

Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 3.05.54 PM.png

raypin likes this.
  5. yehey9

yehey9 PhilMUG Addict Member

I wish I could also email NTC or DTI to complain about Globe. Everyone in our office here at Ortigas does not get continuous data connection, It's always slow and weak. And whenever I complain to Globe about this, they just always say that there's an "upgrade" in the area and I should monitor if it improves.

raypin likes this.
  6. hitme64

It's always that the seller will try to make it appear they are right and you are wrong. Always. This would make you forget to even consider complaining to DTI, which would entail more than they bargained for in the first place. Since you were already inconvenienced by their unwilling action to listen further, why scrimp on doing something perfectly legal to inconvenience them, too?

docjbr likes this.
  7. potpot2

potpot2 PhilMUG Addict Member

I think btb is trying to short change a lot of their customers in varied ways. Like when they announce a promo when you buy an apple gadget you get a free headphone. At btb century. So i bought an apple product, but was told the headphone was out of stock and they will just inform me when it will be available. I was annoyed at them and i told them right there and then but there’s nothing i can do since the item i bought is already paid for. Biruin mo promo pero wala iyon free items. So i waited for them to message me and months passed wala pa din. So i message them and asked whereis the promised free headphone. They replied na available na. I can get i na. What if i forget about it and didint message them to ask for it?

#87 potpot2, Oct 2, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  8. Kritiker

Kritiker Member

Is Charlie no longer connected with BTB? Sorry, I have only started reading the recent posts for the past 2 months.

9. hitme64

I was at BTB (sorry, will not indicate the branch) yesterday and off the cuff, I inquired about the new iPhone models if they have them already. This guy brings me to the table and shows me the iPhone XS and XS Max and starts selling me its features, while I twiddle with my own XS Max in front of him. I ask him, politely, how about the new iPhone 11s. He says curtly to me, “Yan lang meron namin. Baka sa me labas meron na yan. Un lang wala ka guarantee na tutuo mga iyun”. Exact words.

Didn’t bother to put him in his place and tell him, no they aren’t fakes, they’re just grey market iPhones. There’s a difference iho.

memphis, Sunil_K, ericb and 4 others like this.
  10. antski

antski Well-Known Member

He still is.

Kritiker likes this.
  11. guwapito

guwapito Well-Known Member

but i guess not as hands on as he used to, he's into food business for the past few years or whatever new business he is venturing in.

docjbr likes this.
  12. snipes

snipes Active Member

If you do not like the service then shop elsewhere. The PhilMUG discount given was there to induce frequent Apple customers to buy from them.

You can buy direct from Apple.com or Lazada.com

It appears that nalugi sila sa discount or they dont need to do it anymore as the sales from non-PhilMUG members are sufficient.

13. docjbr

Actually, I realized that there really was no PhilMUG discount, even years back. As long as you pay cash, you’d still get 10% off. Worked with my sisters and friends, and they have no idea what PhilMUG is. It kinda got abused, that’s why they had to do that email thing, kahit hindi mugger, may discount. And then, kahit hindi humingi ng discount... ayun, problem for them, I think.

Edelheid, ericb and Qin Zhi like this.
  14. hitme64

Quite true, but the issue is that BTB shirks its responsibility to consumers by reneging on what is clearly allowable by law for a person to claim on. And coupled with their below par customer service and arrogance, this is what has made BTB a center of attention by us and other customers for that matter. Of course, it isn’t only them that do these things, but that is for another thread to post on.

Edelheid, catalysmic, raypin and 3 others like this.
  15. macmacoy

macmacoy Active Member

I guess someone with direct access to Charlie should raise our sentiments about BTB? I remember that he is a constant supporter of philmug xmas party, at one point he even hosted it, so comms with him this time of the year is going to happen soon.

Salaryman Ryan and docjbr like this.
  16. ann jersey

ann jersey Well-Known Member

Greenhills branch!! Sabi nya kasi "baka sa me labas"!

He could have just said, wala pa po kami new iPhone. Bow!

scoflip, Sunil_K, HiluxVigo04 and 3 others like this.
  17. HiluxVigo04

HiluxVigo04 Member

Agree a lot with this one! There are similar cases with other stores in which they won't tell you that the promotional free product is out of stock. I do not know why filipino sales personnel or even the owners are like that when they launch a promo. (n)

18. guwapito

guwapito Well-Known Member

but in fairness, i buy from them if there is a good deal, if not, then go somewhere else...it's not like before that we do BTB exclusively, both parts and service.

or maybe higher ups of BTB found out that they give more than the industry standard, so they stepped back and give like what other resellers provide, well i don't know, just putting my thoughts out in the open.

19. hitme64

So, it may seem that DTI’s complaint center WILL actually act on your complaint. I had previously made a complaint about an issue with an appliance I just bought which the seller/reseller refuses to honor a return of, and DTICC has informed me thru email that they have asked the store to accept the return or face a stiff fine and/or prosecution. I went there yesterday, returned the item, and got a new one duly tested in store and working so far.

Same would be true if you feel undeserved of the treatment and respect accorded by a store and its staff. I have heard that DTI had removed and filed a criminal case against a co-manager of a popular chain of motorcycles and scooters for irregular sale of parts and accessories, among others, and fined the store for its misconduct.

Bottom line is, it can be done. Just trust the process.

20. snipes

snipes Active Member

If you have the time and patience with DTI then do that. But most dont as they fear retribution/karma down the line.

I used to buy Macs yearly from DW/BTB on an annual basis but realized that buying abroad was a better proposition.