What's happening with BTB's service?

Discussion in 'Beyond The Box' started by shakra00, Apr 26, 2018.

1. yehey9

yehey9 Active Member

yeah, their Cash Promo Price in store (which is less ten%) even for non Philmug just ended this month.
    also received an email reply that they don't give Phimug Discounts(less 10%) anymore on Apple Units.

well, I guess they still haven't solved their problems with their employees pocketing the price difference of discounted items.

mokmoki likes this.
  2. Charlie

Charlie Beyond The Box/DW/Digital Hub

Guys sorry about this, haven't been active in the forum for quite some time.
    I'll reply to each and every query, Thanks

FPSAYSON, ericb, vrl29 and 4 others like this.
  3. Charlie

Sent you a message

yehey9 and Don Pao like this.
  4. Charlie

Hi Potpot2

Will send you a PM

Thanks
    Charlie

potpot2, yehey9 and Don Pao like this.
  5. sher_amf

sher_amf Member

Has anyone tried visiting GH branch? I have serviced my laptop 2x already. I noticed, the 2 guys on their front liner, parang may yabang factor. For some reason I felt the that:
    1. Utang na loob ko na sservice nila un laptop ko (which my unit is still under warranty)
    2. They tend to intimidate customers, I know the standard protocols for apple warranty, diagnose and replacement process. But I don't think the way to communicate in a way to the customers "ddiagnose natin to, PERO kung natampered or may physical damage hindi na covered ng warranty. From experience kung papalitan un board parang bumili na din kayo ng bagong unit". I think it would be better to hear something like, subukan natin ipadiagnose muna minsan may papalitan lang naman. Basta walang tampering po sir/mam walang problema tayo sa warranty"
    3. I was looking for something like the team lead or service manager over the phone. Sabi sakin "may kausapap pa siya eh, ano po ba kailangan niyo? ang alam ko hindi kasi pwde bla bla"
    4. upon getting my unit wala man lang sinabi, parang bigay sakin ng unit tapos di na ako pinansin, walang thank you sir, or check niyo muna unit niyo sir etc. (note that there were no one in the line for service area, I was the only customer) I even availed express diagnose which costs Php 1,500 and said 4hrs max, went there a little early because usually 2-3 hours lang ok lang, so I waited patiently for more than an hour. When there was no one around already hindi man lang sinilip sa loob un progress eh ako lang nakaupo waiting feedback (at this point more than 4 hours na), kung di ko pa sinabi na pakiusapan na kung pwde macheck hindi pa papasok sa loob (for sure he would recognize me because I visited the service area 3x in the same day (upon register of unit, 2nd check update, lastly waited until it finished)

#25 sher_amf, Aug 5, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
    Dekra and Ghibli like this.
  6. potpot2

potpot2 Well-Known Member

Like tulfo said, mamuti mata niyo. That’s what happened. No pm

7. Ghibli

Ghibli Active Member

Sorry to hear that experience. Hopefully that is only an isolated incident confined to that particular branch. Furthermore, I don't understand that you need to pay for a repair of an item that was under warranty, although granted it was an express diagnosis.

8. Dekra

Dekra PhilMUG Addict Member

Never knew that they have different rates for diagnosis; how much is a "non-express" diagnosis?

I submitted my rMBP at BTB V-Mall last Saturday for the "Staingate" issue and was told that I have to pay P1,500 if the repair was not approved by Apple. I too was accommodated by that one guy who has that 'yabang' factor but it didn't bother me as he was knowledgeable with the issue. I'd rather have this guy than that "other" store who's staff hasn't heard or doesn't have the slightest clue what Staingate is.

9. triggerbokie

triggerbokie Member

im my experience with local apple tech support, usually ginigipit sila ng apple technical support. so the workaround is if they cant process the warranty/concern, they ask you to call and ask apple for an exception. usually apple will give the exception naman. so its not just an issue with BTB support centers.

also, it makes no sense from a business perspective for them to stop or slow down support/repairs. they dont get paid by apple if they cant finish/process these repairs for in-warranty items. i know as a customer it is frustrating, but talk to a supervisor instead of flaming on their service right away.

10. airhootie

airhootie Active Member

do these incidents explain the increased one star ratings they get on their FB page?

11. neldeles

neldeles Active Member

I had my MBP TB under warranty serviced in their BHS branch. No major negatives for me. But I also knew coming in my issue was probably logic board related so it was just a drop off and pick up thing for me. I guess for people who are looking for more communication from the on-site tech, there's room for improvement (they didn't even counter check my ID when I picked up the unit. just had to show the signed form. that was a bit troubling lol).

Would still recommend BTB or Sencolink for service tho

12. sher_amf

sher_amf Member

I haven't tried in other branches but definitely the way they treat customer in GH branch are all the same, was sitting more than 1 hour so I hear the different conversations/issues of the customers.

this is the guy who is so arrogant, try to visit GH service center in experience it yourself, in the several customers conversations, never did I hear a thank you from him
    [​IMG]

13. sher_amf

sher_amf Member

I wonder why you have to pay Php 1,500 for diagnostic, especially if under warranty. Understandable if you are replacing parts and the parts is not covered by apple warranty, but just doing a diagnose that is under warranty? I don't understand the point.

pandecoco likes this.
  14. Dekra

Dekra PhilMUG Addict Member

Mine's a 2015 rMBP and so the warranty has already expired. Good thing though that my unit was repaired for free under the ongoing recall for these Macs affected by Staingate. And yes, that's the same guy in your photo that I was talking.

15. Ghibli

Ghibli Active Member

It's better to inform the higher echelons of the management about this collective behavior of the staff down there, probably by then these staff members will be enlightened to improve their customer rapport. Have you tried personally addressing this to the branch manager or at least to him? It seems he struck a nerve in you so much that you felt the need to post a picture of him.

16. sher_amf

sher_amf Member

who is their branch manager? I wanted to know is it just me or are there others who experienced this. Also there was always a feeling of me owing them a lot for fixing my MBP at they same time my unit was at their mercy.

17. Ghibli

Ghibli Active Member

I am not familiar with anyone there since I have never been to that particular branch, sorry. You could escalate your concerns via email.
    I have never tried it, but it may have a meaningful outcome. Or you could personally message charlie, the owner of beyond the box,to raise your concerns.

18. louieboy74

louieboy74 New Member

i inquired online via fb messenger... sadly, they don't give any discount to cash buyers anymore — they encouraged me to purchase via credit card / deferred payment... :-( why?!

to add: i visited the virra mall branch few weeks ago -- your sales staff mukang walang alam sa unit that i asked please check your staff charlie

19. tomangelo

tomangelo Member

Asked for a service report from them (since I want to make sure everything is done as what I expected since I'm from Cebu, I can't make multiple trips if they mess it up), they should have a minimum response time for each request rather than let the client follow up everyday.

20. tomangelo

tomangelo Member

I'm quite disappointed with BTB.

I had my iPhone 6s serviced for the battery replacement program, and this is the first time that someone opened the iPhone for any repair or whatsoever. And recently I broke my screen and decided to DIY the fix and bought the lcd replacement from amazon and I noticed that there are two missing screws for the metal plate of my battery and the home button. They purposely left 1 screw which will still work. Probably they're saving themselves some screws in case they might lose a few during future repairs. I have no one to blame but them because this phone has never been opened ever since I bought it. Tsk3

Although they provided good customer support and hassle free service, it's sad to know that behind the scenes you are being screwed up (pun not intended).

Hopefully they didn't do anything like this to my Macbook Pro which they also repaired.