What's happening with BTB's service?

Discussion in 'Beyond The Box' started by shakra00, Apr 26, 2018.

1. shakra00

shakra00 Member

My MacBook Pro Retina 2014 unit (which was also bought in BTB) is affected by the staingate issue. I brought my laptop in for repair at the Bonifacio Highstreet Service Center. Upon initial assessment, they said that the replacement screen will come in around Febuary as quote "Apple is holding the release of the screens".

My service request has been open since January 6, 2018 and all my attempts to get an update were fruitless. No one was responding via email. I tried calling in February and March but the guy named Jonathan kept saying that Apple was holding the release of the replacement screen and no estimate date of arrival can be given.

I then contacted Apple Support online to have this issue be escalated and only then the local service center started working on this repair. That's the only time I got an update that "a Technical Engineer has been assigned to diagnose and service your Apple device". Disappointing that my case has only been flagged as an "exception" once I raised this issue to Apple Support and magically the unit will be delivered next week.

Waiting for 4 months is unacceptable given that no updates were given regarding the movement of the replacement screen.

mokmoki and jayparalejas like this.
  2. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Active Member

Wow 4 months!!!

In my experience abet was very accomodating when it comes to sales and repair inquiries. but he's gone.

Now jonathan is really helpful but I think they are swamped. and calling their hotline is not that great. it rings non stop but no one answers.

last year my extra notebook MB 12 3016 was under warranty and the display is replaced. it took me only 2 weeks. and jonathan assisted every step of the way.

I hope service will improve soon! And looking forward on your reunion with your notebook! ha!

shakra00 likes this.
  3. potpot2

potpot2 Well-Known Member

BTB is not what it use to be. This has nothing to do with repair, but this is also customer service. I bought an ipad last december from century mall branch. There was supposed to be a free headphone, but at that time i was told it was out of stock. And i will be informed once available. But feb came and nothing. I dobt know if they want me to forget about it na lang ba or they just have no time to inform me. Only through my repeated pangungulit was i finally able to get the free headphone.

ericb, Sunil_K, mokmoki and 2 others like this.
  4. mokmoki

mokmoki PhilMUG Addict Member

totally unacceptable. and i agree with previous poster, not just in service but also in sales. i no longer see an advantage in getting my Apple fix from them vs other Apple Premium Resellers.

as for your service concern: try hunting for other non-retail AASP's because big name stores like BTB, PMC, etc are probably more swamped with service requests from the masses. i personally go to Senco Link Makati for my Apple service needs, but there are other AASP's out there that are still authorized by Apple but isn't part of the big Apple retail chains.

potpot2 likes this.
  5. yehey9

yehey9 Active Member

Is Beyond the Box still owned by Charlie? (Digits Trading)??
    What is Bluespace Technologies? have they bought Beyond the Box from Digits?? Is that why BTB's service is not good anymore??
    On our company benefits, BTB is listed as Bluespace Technologies.

6. antski

antski Well-Known Member

Maybe they just made some organizational changes but I believe they are still owned by the same group.

7. sher_amf

sher_amf Member

Was getting for a repair on a dead pixel, I called up BTB greenhills, sabi ko baka pwede hindi iwan un unit because it is used for work. They asked me to do this instead
    Day 1 = go to BTB greenhills for queuing of repair
    Day 2 = go to BTB for diagnostic
    Day 3 = wait for replacement of LCD

sana they could do queuing and diagnostic in one day sayang biyahe :cry:

8. ericb

ericb Member

Is there a difference if you're buying cash (non philmug member) vs buying cash (phil mug member) from BTB? I'm planning to buy a MBP 15" (BTO with upgraded storage and graphics) by mid to end of year.

9. ellenmitchie

ellenmitchie Member

They actually offer 10% discount now for cash purchase even if you're a non Philmug member.

10. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

oh? no need for coupons?

11. ellenmitchie

ellenmitchie Member

Yes. It applies on some of their products (iPhone, Macbooks, iPad), not so sure on accessories though. Just check their Facebook page which products they do offer the cash discount. The iPhone X 64gb for example, the cash promo price is 57k.

You can always message them (BTB FB page) for inquiries. Last month I asked them if there is a cash discount for 7 plus, and they said yes, even though it's not posted on their Facebook page. :)

#11 ellenmitchie, May 4, 2018
    Last edited: May 4, 2018
    rabby likes this.
  12. yehey9

yehey9 Active Member

none. no difference.
    pricing is the same if you'll be buying in cash (non member) -because of their cash promo and if you'll be buying in cash as a philmug member.

ericb likes this.
  13. shakra00

shakra00 Member

UPDATE:

On May 11, 2018, I received a text from their official mobile number that my screen replacement was already available. I tried calling them multiple times but no one was answering the phone. Sent a text on the same day instead that I will be be bringing my unit in for repair next week Saturday (May 19, 2018) as my schedule is tight.

Come saturday, I brought it in at the High Street service center at 10 AM and the lady at the front desk received the unit and informed me that an update will be provided around 3 PM if the unit is good for pick up.

Around 12 PM (while watching a movie in the mall), I got a text from them that the replacement screen has been FREAKING shipped back to Singapore! The reason was because I was not able to bring my unit in for repair when they notified me.

If I thought that waiting for 5 months was the cherry of this whole terrible cake experience, I was dead wrong.

1. No one was answering their damn freaking line!
    2. I notified them via text that I will be bringing my unit next week.
    3. I got no notification that the replacement screen will be shipped back to Singapore.

*sigh*

Back to square one. This whole ordeal is infuriating and I guess BTB was not the same as it was before.

mokmoki and jayparalejas like this.
  14. guwapito

guwapito Well-Known Member

i know how frustrating it is for you, it's an extra step but you can try contacting apple support direct with your problems, not sure what kind of help they can give you but would definitely speed up things (delivery of parts etc or they can get BTB to act into your problem immediately.

i'm not sure also if it's too late to change service providers for your mac, but you can look into that option as well. since this is a beyond the box thread, i won't drop the name of the other apple service providers :)

15. potpot2

Their century mall branch is lie that too with regard to phone calls. It just rings and nobody answers and when i told them about it, too many illogical reasoning as too why they were not able to answer the phone

16. makinao

makinao Active Member

Hmmmmm. The last time I had something replaced in my MBA at my suking service center, I too asked if I be allowed to keep using it until the part arrived. My suki clearly informed me that once the part arrived, I had 24 hours to bring in the unit or else the part would be returned to Singapore. I vaguely even remember that the technician clarified and arranged this while on the phone directly with Apple SG. I think this is done to ensure that the part will not be used for another unit. The part arrived two weeks later, and when they called I rushed to them the same day. When it was done, the technicians even allowed me to enter the service area and test the unit.

So your problems seem to be: 1) you were not properly informed about the 24-hour policy, 2) poor coordination between reception and service, and 3) bad reception connectivity.

17. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Active Member

Its really frustrating that BTB lines are not being answered. eventually I got tired and taken all my purchases to PMC! for service I go for QCD Galleria, they seem to be very knowledgable and responsive to all queries whether it be by phone or sms.

shakra00, mokmoki and ramil like this.
  18. potpot2

And it used to be that by now someone from btb will be here joining us in the thread already to explain their side. But now, nobody seems to care.
    I was a loyal btb customer for a long time too. But the last straw was last december when the freebie that comes with the ipad purchase wAs not available and following up about it was a painful process.

shakra00 and abielbad like this.
  19. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

Not anymore just got their coupon it says there 10 percent but went there to buy a MB air they just told me it’s 5 percent for Apple products. Passed on it

20. shakra00

shakra00 Member

Yeah, they're really turning a blind eye now.