What the? My Mail.app messages disappeared??

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by kaloyster, Jul 16, 2008.

1. kaloyster

kaloyster Member

I don't know if it has something to do with this MobileMe thing, but soon as I opened my Mail.app, ALL OF MY MESSAGES ARE GONE! All the messages in the Mailbox area are lost. I thought I just need to restart my Mac but they still won't show up. I'm using the Gmail IMAP settings, btw.

Hoping someone can explain to me what's going on. Do I need to buy that MobileMe to make the messages appear? I also noticed my iPod Touch's mails are gone as well :(

2. ice_man

ice_man Active Member

your account must have expired. try to check and inform us.

3. kaloyster

kaloyster Member

Yeah my MobileMe trial (.Mac) expired july 15. But do i need it to get my mail messages from Gmail? Pagkakaalam ko kasi hindi naman necessary subscribed sa .Mac / MobileMe para i-sync ang Gmail accounts from web to Mail.app di ba?

4. IronMan

IronMan Member

Yes, it's not necessary. Your GMail account is just another IMAP account that's registered in Mail. Did you check your web emails if they're still there? Do you have problems connecting to imap.gmail.com? Is your account enabled for IMAP access? The settings might have been inadvertently changed.

In my case, i can access both my MobileMe and GMail accounts in Mail without any problems.

5. kaloyster

kaloyster Member

The web emails are still there. Yun lang nasa Mailbox ng Mail.app ang nawala. Diba when you config IMAP-based accounts gumagawa sha ng folders sa left part ng Mail.app window? Yun nandun yung mga mail messages ko, pero upon clicking the Mailbox email addresses, mga walang laman lahat.

6. ice_man

ice_man Active Member

i guess you mails are on your Gmail web. Since they will be deleting your account for a certain period of time, malamang mawawala emails mo sa server ng Apple, that would explain why your mails aren't on the Mail app and your iPod touch anymore.

Btw, deleting your account involves your email and idisk. Not sure about the web gallery and iweb. Though you get to keep the address/username for iChat. Mails are all deleted after accounts expired.

Read that somewhere in the support site..

#6 ice_man, Jul 16, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  7. IronMan

IronMan Member

@ice_man: kaloyster is talking about his GMail acct ah NOT his expired .Mac account.

His GMail emails should be there regardless of any .Mac/MobileMe account.

8. IronMan

IronMan Member

Weird. Have you tried deleting and re-configuring your GMail account in Mail? Since you're using IMAP, you won't lose any emails as long as they're on the GMail servers. :)

9. ice_man

ice_man Active Member

ackkk.. sorry.. too sleepy now.

sorry for the confusion guys.. :confused:

10. IronMan

IronMan Member

Hehe. No problemo. :)