What printer or scanner do you use with mac?

Discussion in 'Third-party Accessories' started by sem_rs, Aug 7, 2016.

1. anton_mac

anton_mac Member

im using a canon G3000 all in one wifi printer with built-in CISS on my Mac Mini.

doing great so far, and not messy like my old canon with 3rd party CISS

2. sem_rs

sem_rs Member

Do you often encounter problems with cis or ink tank printers, such ink drying, clogging, etc.

#22 sem_rs, Aug 12, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  3. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

Believe it or not, I've been using the same Canon LIDE 25 scanner (along with VueScan software) with my Mac for the past 10 years--still works like a charm!

4. sem_rs

sem_rs Member

i also have lide 25 and ive been contmeplating of buying a newer and compatible scanner or getting the vuescan priced at $80.

5. airhootie

airhootie Active Member

At home, I use the HP 3545 All-In-One printer. Very easy to connect to the home network. Recently, we subscribed to PLDT Fibr Business Line here in the office and got a Samsung M2070W Laser Printer and Scanner. A bit on the bulky side but does the job pretty well. 14054717_315217485496603_681738622_n.jpg

6. Aurora_USA

Aurora_USA New Member

I use Epson L220 tooo_O

7. wulf

wulf Well-Known Member

anyone with a review of the new epson ecotank ones?

8. suburbia

suburbia Member

Using HP deskjet 3635. Enjoying its wireless functionality wherein i can print with my mac, iphone and ipad. No need to transfer files.

docjbr likes this.
  9. Flim

Flim Member

For my printing needs, my HP LaserJet P1006 has served me well for maybe about 8 years now, no problems whatsoever with upgrading drivers from Windows to OSX, and it's very economical. I get my HP cartridges from Poc Bon in Nueva, Binondo where you can get office supplies at excellent prices.

But for my scanner, I've since trashed the Canon Lide 90 because that's where it belongs. It worked for a time with Yosemite but it was a nightmare finding drivers for El Capitan until the scanner decided to die on me. I think HP models are built more sturdily and more easily upgradeable than Canon, so that's the way I'm heading for my next scanner.