What is the ONE thing you have to do in 2020? (Just one...)

Discussion in 'General OT' started by hitme64, Jan 1, 2020.

1. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

one thing: launch this.

(documentary produced by Alipay)

pambayad kasalanan. :D

Dipp, docjbr, lsalapare and 3 others like this.
  2. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

I really hope you get to do this, will be storming the universe to hopefully make this happen :)

One thing that I've been neglecting in the past 10 years, but I think I should: take care of ME. ;)

Juice, hitme64 and raypin like this.
  3. tweek

tweek Well-Known Member

The things I would give to talk to my mom again. :)

docjbr and hitme64 like this.
  4. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mmm.....ma died of massive coronary (immediate cause) at a relatively young age. Antecedent cause was end-stage renal failure. We were preparing her for kidney transplant, after months of dialysis.

To this day, I m waiting for her to make parandam. Wala. :(

I miss her a lot.

Here's the thing: we take moms for granted until they are gone. My mom was the gentlest person I know. To my recollection, she never raised her voice on me and my siblings. Not once. She nurtured and guided even when we became adults.

Today is her birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Ma.

JLC_02, Dipp, isaak and 6 others like this.
  5. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Retirement is bliss. And dull. No more early wake ups. No more going early to work. No more coming home late from work. No more office parties, celebrations, conferences, meetings, deadlines.

Great. Its just 5 days after the new year and now I’m bored.

raypin likes this.
  6. Jess

Jess PhilMUG Addict Member

when i retire i want to either put up a viable business that i am passionate about or just do gardening/farming or chicken/goat raising. i know i will not miss work when i retire but i will surely miss the people i am working with - not too long ago i was "the kid" now i am becoming one of those grumpy adults. lol!

kyubi, EX3, hitme64 and 1 other person like this.
  7. hitme64

FWIW I’ve done gardening and a little farming. I erected a medium-sized greenhouse for ornamental plants, and then did some serious backyard farming. I also raised a gaggle of geese, a small herd of goats, and one cow. Then I sold them all and leased the farm lot to the present caretakers. One day I sat on the patio of the caretaker’s hut, drinking coffee at 3pm, and looked at our small acreage of plants, trees and farm animals. I haven’t taken at shower for 4 days because we needed to water our farm first from accumulated rainwater in drums. I had been eating only farm-to-table veggies and maybe one of the geese meat around. I slept in the heat of the hut even at night without any aircon or fan because electricity was used only for farm equipment and charging. After two weeks, I left the farm, told the caretaker to call me only if the hut was razed by fire, and went back to civilization, which was around 10 hours away. I am very sure farming isn’t for me.

SE20 and Jess like this.
  8. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

When I retire I want to be a philanthropist.

Juice, raypin and hitme64 like this.
  9. hitme64

Please do start giving now. First in line ;)

raypin and SE20 like this.
  10. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

One does not have to wait for retirement to give one's self to others. Case in point:
    Screenshot 2020-01-07 05.35.35.png
    Fighting bushfire with bushfire. :D

Panalo. Feel ang trophy. :)

Juice, raypin and SE20 like this.
  11. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

mm....retirement farming need not be hard. There are vegetable and fruit farms or farm lots....maybe near Tagaytay like in Amadeo or similar. Maybe plant lettuce or fruit bearing trees. Micro farming, not a full-on farm or ornamental plant farming of a few hundred square meters.

I do not have a green thumb so farming is not something for me. Too many bugs. Too much work.

12. hitme64

@rbenzon Harang! Harang :LOL: I received one in DM with a nice frontal assault and sweet greeting, and I’m not sharing. My brother in Oz sent it to me so I’m sure it’s authentic. The bush isn’t; it’s as bare as the scorched earth :sneaky:

On hindsight, giving is the new diet. You give rather than eat. According to an online survey, dieting is the No.1 resolution of nearly 97% of those asked for any given new year. Of that number, nearly half don’t even last a week.

Juice likes this.