what is the best web hosting site you recommend ?

Discussion in 'Graphic Designers' started by jonnmd, Dec 5, 2011.

1. jonnmd

jonnmd Member

good day!

please do suggest best web hosting site.

thank you.

2. kenobiz

kenobiz Active Member

I tried small packages from olm.net and hostgator.com and seems to be reliable.

3. guwapito

guwapito Well-Known Member

ahem ahem :)

click on my sig to find out more about us

4. marvinp

marvinp Active Member

We use lunarpages.com in the office.

5. infiniteloop

infiniteloop Active Member

Arvixe.com

for $4 / month you get:
    FREE domain
    Unlimited Disk Space
    Unlimited Monthly Data Transfer
    Unlimited Domain Aliases
    Unlimited Subdomains
    Unlimited FTP Accounts
    etc.

6. musicgomy

musicgomy New Member

I suggest you to see this top:
    http://thebesthostingweb.com
    Almost all hosting providers fro this top have unlimited storage, bandwidth, emails, subdomains, databases. Some of them gives you a free domain name.
    This is a top based on guaranteed and tested stability of the servers, accessible prices, no intermediary companies, number of hosted domains, very positive feedbacks.
    I hope this helps.

7. jonnmd

jonnmd Member

thank you

8. Ollirep

Ollirep Member

Try iPage, and if ever you want to purchase from them pls do use my link hehehe

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk

9. voidnothings

voidnothings Member

If you want top end hosting check mediatemple.net for any other stuff you can try bluehost.com

Btw before signing up, check retailmenot.com for coupon/discount codes :)

10. cookie053177

cookie053177 Member

I use media temple, I really have to give their customer and technical services a two thumbs up! despite its a bit pricey compared to other hosting providers, but what you get is what you paid for, their control panel is a bit different from what others using (such as cpanel etc), they of course have the cpanel, but make sure you choose the right package because the gs service that i am using comes with their very own control panel layout(which is very easy to use), none the less, they're a reliable and trustworthy hosting provider.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

#10 cookie053177, Dec 6, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  11. jonnmd

jonnmd Member

pardon me, need something with templates. thank you.

12. randyrivera

randyrivera Active Member

TIP: If you want a reliable webhost, find someone that has a telephone number that you can call if ever there's a problem.

Second, make sure that you have full control over your domain name by purchasing it yourself and not thru them. This way you can switch hosting companies if ever you are not satisfied with them. If they have control over your domain name, they can hold you 'hostage' someday.

Lastly, please make sure to have a copy of your website ALWAYS. Make sure what you are holding is the latest. Don't expect the webhost to backup things for you, or if in any event they decide to close business, you can put up your site somewhere else in less than 24-hours.

P.S.
    Avoid those UNLIMITED offers. Everything has a limit. Besides, companies who offer these kind of gimmicks are mostly basement-based businesses.

13. PPrince

PPrince Member

Totally agree with this! I am having problems with my current hosting company because it takes them 3 days to a week to reply to any concerns and they are the ones who registered my domain name. Now, they're giving me the run around and don't want to give me the username and password for the domain name. They want me to just do everything through them.

14. cookie053177

cookie053177 Member

^ I agree @randyrivera. I don't believe in unlimited bandwidth and space too!
    Plus recently I just found out my favorite tutorial site's domain has been sold by godaddy to another registrar (scary).

Anyway, just to add up info to media temple, they also offer free phone support 24/7, all you need is a Skype :D

okay maybe they have downside too, like maintenance etc, but in total I'm very happy and satisfied with this hosting for 2 years already :)

15. cHad

cHad Member

One thing I noticed with all these 'top 15' web hosting providers is that they all have a similar marketing scheme:

provide a huge discount of upto 50% on the first year of service which they exaggerate on their homepages. So that $3.5 per month will soon become $7 starting the 2nd year. And helpless you will most likely have continue if you don't want your website to have any downtime or hassle in moving hosts. So watch out guys.

for 20$ per month yea they better because you can get a decent reseller account for that.

Well if the owner is a website developer and also provides hosting for his clients then MT is sure to be on the top of the list for reliable hosts. Don't want to anger the clients do we.

16. voidnothings

voidnothings Member

If you're feeling geeky you can buy a linux box from linode and run it yourself and for mostly static sites you can check amazon web services.

17. jonnmd

jonnmd Member

got "fatcow" already. need someone to design website na lang. thank you.

18. Ejaxene

Ejaxene Well-Known Member

^ I was on FatCow before, didn't like it. I'm used to having cPanel and FatCow didn't have it. I've always felt that my site loaded slower than others (using the then default Kubrick theme of WordPress).

Switched to Surpass Hosting when they had a $12/year promo (one love, Valentines promo), but I've read 'unlimited' isn't advisable (and I didn't have control over the DNS settings, etc so I moved to Sharkspace then it was bought by Eleven2 (http://www.eleven2.com/) I'm happy with the service. :)

19. cookie053177

cookie053177 Member

just found laughing squid offer affordable cloud hosting (from racketspace) as low as $6.

20. randyrivera

randyrivera Active Member

@PPrince, that's a PITA

@cookie053177, i used to offer unlimited services before but not anymore. tinataasan lang ako ng mga kilay ng mga corporate clients ko when i used to say that, parang unbelievable for them.

certified geek here. I've been hosting sites for 14 years now. i am currently running at least 15 web servers. But i'm no longer offering services to consumers.