What inspired me to buy Homeworld 2?

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by lamski, Jul 26, 2005.

1. lamski

lamski PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

I've read the reviews. This game has to be played to be believed! All the hype is true! Its requirements are modest and plays quite smoothly (with all video options set to high except shadows) on my 1.42 GHz, 512 MB Mac Mini. The gamespace is in true-3D. The ships are highly detailed and look very original. The space battles look truly epic. All RTS gamers should have this in their library.

BTW, the sci-fi hit Battlestar Galactica (airs every Sunday, 9 pm on Cinemax) is also one of the factors that made me purchase this game. :winkgrin:

[Edited on 7.26.05 by lamski]

2. Gomi

Gomi Active Member

i got homeworld because my fave space game, ev:nova, was ridiculously expensive @ $30. considering you get a cheaper price for homeworld and a gorgeous 3d environment, it kicks nova out of the universe.

3. lamski

lamski PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

I take back what I said about the game being smooth with all video settings set to high. The meager 32 MB of the mini's video card makes gameplay a bit choppy. Setting video to the default settings makes it smoother. :broken:

By the way, the voice of the male officer that gives tactical advice during combat sounds like James Olmos (Commander Adama in Battlestar Galactica). I need to check the credits to see if it's him. :winkgrin:

4. Dave_D

Dave_D Active Member

I finished HW1 on the PC so it was quite a pleasant experience playing the sequel (HW2) on the Mac. If you've ever played it on a iMac G5 20", you'll feel the grandness of it all.

I have to admit maxing out every graphic option will cause the problems you mention, but that goes for almost any game now, that's why there's are PC's spec'ed just for hardcore gaming.