What do you prefer, face id, touch id, or both?

Discussion in 'General iOS' started by potpot2, Dec 11, 2017.

1. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...can’t wait to get the iPad Pro and say good riddance to the stupid touch i.d. Lots of errors specially when I am cooking.

hitme64, potpot2, SE20 and 2 others like this.
  2. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

I like the Face ID. It was my first night with my XS Max when I found out a small problem. I wear a CPAP mask going to sleep, and naturally the Face ID couldn't recognize me. So, I like it in the morning, but hate it at night lol.

3. joethemobile01

joethemobile01 Active Member

Face ID very much useful than PIN and touch ID

From Apple Pay to password manager to banking apps very accessible and even simple authentication than touch ID

hitme64 and potpot2 like this.
  4. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

No ID, No Entry ika nga nila...

But I don't use any...I literally have nothing to hide...in fact, anyone in my family can use my iDevices for calls, for texts, for the apps, anything short of using it as a weapon...of course at the end of the day I know what's been done to it and where they've gone on the web *wink, wink*

SE20, potpot2, Juice and 1 other person like this.
  5. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

I prefer to have both options. Both are still not perfect. Touch ID doesn’t work well when you have sweaty fingers, Face ID doesn’t work well when you’re wearing sunglasses.

potpot2 likes this.
  6. Leeger

Leeger Well-Known Member

I prefer both because I find it frustrating sometimes when my phone is beside my laptop and I'm not in front of it I cannot use face ID to unlock my phone. But if given a choice to just choose one I would prefer Touch ID. If the promise of the new ultrasonic fingerprint sensors can deliver then the problem with sweaty and wet fingers will go away.

potpot2 likes this.
  7. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...try touch i.d. while wearing a glove. Place: wintry Northern Japan several years ago. I wore a capacitive glove ( so I can swipe, press and use my iPhone 7 Plus). Stupid touch i.d. does not work with the stupid glove. I had to resort to pressing the unlock code every single time (dozen of times each day) because touch i.d. is stupid. :mad:

See the problem?

Now, no problem.

#47 raypin, Nov 7, 2018 at 11:28 PM
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2018 at 11:35 PM
    SE20 and potpot2 like this.
  8. Leeger

Leeger Well-Known Member

Yes I do, but both have problems and limitations. It’s a matter of preference. I very rarely wear gloves nor do I have sweaty hands nor do i engage on activities that will render my fingers wet and dirty for touch ID not to work. If only Apple will implement both to make everyone happy. But I think Apple is going Face ID exclusively moving forward and that’s not a big deal for me since I don’t dislike Face ID.

potpot2 likes this.