What car do you drive?

Discussion in 'General OT' started by weirdohenrico, Jul 31, 2008.

1. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Yes I believe it is. The report said 2012-2013 model.

2. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

What the dealer would probably do is, ask the insurer for re-consideration. It will depend on the insurer if they will consider it for ex gratia(they will most likely). Even if you have AON, if the policy has exclusions like ash fall , then your dealer will have to ask the insurer. But, again they will most likely re-consider it.

raypin and iDarwin like this.
  3. iDarwin

iDarwin Active Member

Very informative. Question though is I got the unit new and its damaged by ash fall. Will they cover events before effective date of insurance?

4. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

It has to be on the inception date, or the day you paid for the policy. You can ask the claims adjuster and they'd probably consider it.

5. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

Muggers,

Any feedback on the Ford Explorer, the 2014-2016 kind?

6. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

7. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

What's your take on china cars? Namely MG ZS & the Geely Coolray?

leninmac likes this.
  8. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

The Geely Coolray is very tempting. Has all the bells & whistles of a premium SUV at just 1.1M. Electronic seat adjustment, cruise control, electronic parking break, TPMS, paddle shifters, Active parking assist, 360 degree view, multiple sensors, remote start engine, moonroof. Unfortunately no Apple Car Play.

Godfather and bugs like this.
  9. leninmac

The Shelby Supersnake has arrived on Philippine soil. It will only be sold by Autohub, the official local distributor of Shelby American. The price I was told is PHP12.3 M. Ouch.

F3F2344A-3A60-40D7-88C2-0E5D5D5ADD93.jpeg
    4D32D0B2-86F3-4D30-8FF2-F608E89A4542.jpeg 4D32D0B2-86F3-4D30-8FF2-F608E89A4542.jpeg 4D32D0B2-86F3-4D30-8FF2-F608E89A4542.jpeg

Juice likes this.
  10. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Slight ot: mm... some dealerships are closing. A casualty of covid 19. I ve been meaning to have my car serviced ( overdue) but I am hesitating. I wonder what countermeasures are in place to ensure a very safe environment for car owners. Sana meron pick up and delivery service. I d pay for that.

leninmac, Sunil_K and Godfather like this.
  11. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

I think these dealerships were having trouble before the pandemic, the lockdown just straight up killed them.

Covid19 doesn't just kill people, it's killing all sorts of businesses too.

5 car dealership outlets shutting down

Yuchengco is closing down Honda Fairview, Honda Marikina, Honda Marco Highway, Honda Kalookan and Isuzu Greenhills

raypin, leninmac and Sunil_K like this.
  12. runner10

runner10 Member

Hmmm... they look nice, I'll give them that. But I wouldn't buy them even if they gave me a 50% discount.

13. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

For basic utility, Geely has a great value proposition as long as you don't care about resale and anticipate that anything you saved versus a similarly specced competition might be eaten up by higher maintenance cost (a certain %). It's sold out and the wait list is 1 month long not bad.

As with all new products, only time will tell. I'd like to think China cars' perception is the same as South Korean cars of early 2000s. They were even priced below their Japanese counterparts then. Geely's advantage is that they have Volvo's safety expertise in their back pocket. The price screams there must be cost cutting somewhere else. Labor's one, Chinese car market scale, the dealer might also be working on razor thin margins to compensate for lack of brand awareness.

It's nice to see a car in this class punch above its weight. My friend went with this over similarly priced Hondas or Toyotas.

#2433 rdy0329, Jun 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    greta87, leninmac and Godfather like this.
  14. leninmac

Hmm. Prices of luxury cars are going down. The Audi Q8 which was priced at almost PHP9M is now selling at PHP 7.9M. The Volvo XC60 Plug in Hybrid is now selling at PHP4.8M from PHP5.7M.

hitme64 and raypin like this.
  15. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

And, the 2020 BMW X6 M50i x-Drive is down to PHP6.9M from as high as 8.5M. :whistle: Hmmmm

leninmac likes this.
  16. tweek

tweek Well-Known Member

Juice, greta87 and leninmac like this.
  17. rockophoria

rockophoria Active Member

OT.. anyone here has knowledge of an open emission centers? im due for registration renewal this month but lo and behold.. almost all emission centers around taguig are closed. tho I read about an extension of grace period until october this year but I cannot simply trust that.