What car do you drive?

Discussion in 'General OT' started by weirdohenrico, Jul 31, 2008.

1. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

Folks. Are there significant upgrades to the 2020 Ford Everest? From what I saw I in a couple of YouTube videos, it looks identical to the previous model.

2. marky2115

marky2115 Active Member

Different engine. I think it's the same as with Ranger Raptor. Bi-turbo as well I think. Transmission might be different also.

leninmac likes this.
  3. mree

mree Active Member

Had the chance to look at the new Everest (Titanium 4x2 variant) last Saturday at Ford Alabang. They were just putting it in display. Aesthetically, halos walang changes. Napansin ko sa side instead of 2.2 being displayed Bi-Turbo na nakasulat. Not a fan of the grill kasi kamuka ng Mitsubishi Mirage. The push start stop button is a welcome change. Sabi nung isang SA sa casa, it has a foot motion sensor na daw sa rear for the trunk lid to open automatically and Titanium variants lang daw meron for now. I just wish na binalik ng Ford yung cream interior. And for now, they can't answer my question if pwede ma install yung push start functionality sa older variant. Although the SA talked me out of the push start button kasi mahal daw nga pag nasira.

4. porkypork

porkypork Active Member

This is a very surprising car, imagine getting excited for a parking slot in between two SUVs and then... kaboom, there's a Wigo in that slot pala. LOL :ROFLMAO:

Anybody successfully bought the new Jimny without any "add-ons" and chose their preferred color? People now are saying that you need to say yhes to all Suzuki SA's terms in order to get one fast. Just like the Toyota 86 days...

dasaint likes this.
  5. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Given the bulk of traffic on EDSA today practically ruining my desire to visit the Ford dealership, I took a long 35-minute walk from Crame to CATS to Jaguar because we couldn’t move further than 12kph this morning. Guess what, almost all those car dealerships on EDSA are preparing huge promo deals and big discounts. Guess what happens next? Definitely more cars on EDSA and elsewhere because of those deals. Goes to show we are part of the problem.

raypin likes this.
  6. warmgreentea

warmgreentea Well-Known Member

Hi all! My partner is looking to buy a new car very soon and she wants a small car that’s easy to drive and fuel efficient. Nothing too fancy, just a car to take her from A to B. She just got a new job that may require her to drive a lot (and with free 150L from the company every month).

We were looking at the Toyota Wigo at first, but we came across the new Honda Brio at a showroom while I had some work within that area. It looked really nice and the interiors are a lot better than the Wigo.

What are the pros and cons with going Honda than a Toyota? And which will hold better resale value in the future?

7. marky2115

marky2115 Active Member

Free 150L fuel? Might as well go for Honda Jazz or City for better safety features.

hitme64 likes this.
  8. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

The Honda would be the better car by far and probably hold better resale value. The Wigo isn’t actually a Toyota vehicle, it’s a Daihatsu Ayla rebadged locally by Toyota

9. manager

manager Active Member

You've already noticed the Brio has a better interior, plus the better mechanicals plus it's a new model against the Wigo which is a refresh.

The Brio is definitely the better choice.

10. Sunil_K

Sunil_K PhilMUG Addict Member

Go for the Honda, either Brio or Jazz

hitme64 likes this.
  11. warmgreentea

Thanks for the swift replies everyone! I am bias towards the Honda route because I've been driving Hondas all my life, and I currently own a 2015 City myself. :)

She really wants a small car that's why she's not considering the City/Vios-- something that can scoot around traffic and be parked around at ease. The Jazz is around 250-300k more expensive as it is nearing the 1m mark actually, and is even more expensive than a City. I guess we'll get a test drive a Brio soon for the final decision. Gracias for all the opinions, this makes it easier to convince her as well. :D

Oh and with how traffic is these days, 150L will evaporate so easily.

Sunil_K likes this.
  12. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Hate to break it to you @warmgreentea but you’re better off with the Jazz. Let me make that harder for you. Get the Honda Jazz and you won’t have sleepless nights thinking why didn’t I get that in the first place. Trust me ;)

13. warmgreentea

If someone could sponsor us extra 300k, sure, why not. :D

14. quakercountry

quakercountry Member

whats 300k / 60months?! an additional 5-6k a month? LOL

15. warmgreentea

As a couple who are in their mid-twenties (early, in her case), every thousand counts. We're not going to buy/pay it on a monthly basis, but straight up pay the whole price (saves us 150k that way). She can invest that 300k somewhere else, and probably we just have different priorities.

As I mentioned, she just needs a city car that will take us from point A to point B. (y)

#2375 warmgreentea, Sep 30, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    carlabianca, Sunil_K and raypin like this.
  16. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm....prudent çhoice.

Sunil_K and warmgreentea like this.
  17. manager

manager Active Member

Bravo! Buying cars in cash is the best.

warmgreentea likes this.
  18. quakercountry

quakercountry Member

very very good! don't let the small additional in the monthly tempt you!

19. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

What a coincidence, I just reviewed the Honda Brio. It's a massive improvement to the first gen, and yet it inherits some of its parts.

Here's my full review, in case it helps your case with your significant other. :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Nightskye

Nightskye Member

We just got the latest Jazz RS Navi last week. Really happy right now :D