What car do you drive?

Discussion in 'General OT' started by weirdohenrico, Jul 31, 2008.

1. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

MG is a solid China-owned brand that’s actually promising. You can’t beat those prices. After-sales might be a question mark for now but it’s part of the growing pains when entering a new market. As long as the product is compelling, I’m sure they’ll find a way to adapt to our needs.

vtf likes this.
  2. sabsar

sabsar Well-Known Member

Thanks. I love its features. Just worried about after sales service.

3. wewen17

wewen17 Well-Known Member

I’ve heard that PMS of Ford(Everest to be exact) is expensive compared to its rivals. Php20K+ vs Php10K+ for Montero/Fortuner.

julmercado likes this.
  4. Nightskye

Nightskye Member

Hi, we're currentl planning to get a secondary car and we are looking at the Jazz VX/RS. Is it still a good buy?

5. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Been itching to use my first month pension to buy a new lolo car. Maybe a new 2020 Honda Civic RS Turbo. Make some noise, let the old ladies swoon kinda thing :love:

Dekra, Theus, Godfather and 2 others like this.
  6. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...buy a van....put in some captain's chairs and let your driver worry about traffic. You can snooze at any time. Totally stress-free.

That's my plan in a few more years. My driving skills are deteriorating and I have far less patience now dealing with idiotic drivers.

lsalapare, rdy0329, Theus and 2 others like this.
  7. hitme64

^Baka naman driver ko pagkaguluhan ;)
    Can’t sleep in traffic actually, all these years I’ve always been alert while driving or being driven to. But no city driving for me when I retire; it’ll be somewhere free of traffic and obnoxious traffic enforcers.

lsalapare, Godfather and raypin like this.
  8. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

That is how bad our traffic has become. It's like interstellar travel, and the passengers are in suspended animation. When you arrive at your destination, you wake up young and refreshed, but your driver has aged ten years.

I have a driver, but I don't have that option. He hardly drives for me, practically driving the kids 99% of the time. Taga bayad lang ako ng sweldo niya. Meanwhile, everyday I pilot my own intergalactic vehicle traversing the planet Balintawak in the Alpha Centauri to the far-flung Delta Quadrant system called Makati.

rdy0329, Theus, MharDelaCruz and 3 others like this.
  9. hitme64

^You haven’t tried traversing the Uranus (read UR ANUSSS) belt of our EDSA Galaxy, Roxas Boulevard in Manila. It’s like planetary travel, time freezes like light years, and Einstein’s Theory of Relativity dictates that the speed of light within this forsaken vacuum is the same no matter the speed we travel into.

10. Mykolant

Mykolant PhilMUG Addict Member

Between Down Under and the Great White North
    ^and all your efforts at slow-time travel dematerializes when it suddenly rains on a payday Friday evening, giving you the feeling that you got sucked into the black hole of Cubao underpass and you don't know where, much more when, you're going to get out of it.

Godfather and hitme64 like this.
  11. hitme64

On my truck yesterday in San Juan and saw two cars stuck in gutter-deep flood, one of which looked practically brand new. It was a red Honda Civic, most probably the new RS Turbo. It looked like it needed more turbo power just to get off those floodwaters. And it made me think, do I really want a new car that can just get stuck in floods or use a truck that is impervious to anything except nuclear blast? That realization dawned on me so much I pulled off the Honda wallpaper from my iPad.

Godfather and Mykolant like this.
  12. dasaint

dasaint PhilMUG Addict Member

I drive a Wigo A/T when I don't have a driver. Its like driving a bumper car. Gets me to point A to Point B low gas consumption, I park into slots where other cars cant, No issue , Parts everywhere, Had a tow-hitch installed for 2 Bicycle Rear rack and Rook mount for storage on longer trips. I tried once a 500 KM one-way road trip. I enjoy Manila to Subic RT on one full tank

eag, hitme64, raypin and 2 others like this.
  13. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

Any first hand reviews/thoughts on the All new Jimny, flood waters got me thinking of getting one for height but not bulk.

dasaint and vtf like this.
  14. barre05

barre05 Well-Known Member

Thoughts on getting a second-hand Ford Explorer Ecoboost?

I'm looking at possibly getting a 2013-2014 Ecoboost 2.0 model. Seeing some second-hand units at a sub-million price tag. Is it worth it? Or will maintenance kill me?

15. raypin

Mm...4-5 year old or older cars = too many headaches. 1-2 year old is the sweet spot (depreciated, still under warranty and good discount from bnew).

dasaint and hitme64 like this.
  16. hitme64

Gone are the days when we take in second- and third-hand cars because they’re cheaper and based on a notion that they run better after all those years of work on them. Absolutely wrong!

With better funding options and payment schemes now to get a new car, more and more are buying them, one, two or more. I saw an ad for Suzuki Alto’s newest entry level car that can be had for as low as 3K. Crazy!

ronjet likes this.
  17. raypin

Mm...yup...they make it easy to buy and easy to pay but with very low amortization and longer period to pay, it (total cost) easily becomes expensive. All-cash is still far cheaper.

#2357 raypin, Aug 13, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    ronjet and hitme64 like this.
  18. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

This is why the sedan is dying. Never thought I'd see the day when SUVs, pickups, crossovers would outsell sedans, but here we are. Especially in flood prone countries like ours, ground clearance and wading depth are becoming the highest considerations when purchasing a vehicle. That is one of the top three reasons I love my Ford Everest, which has 800mm wading depth.

eag, ronjet, hitme64 and 1 other person like this.
  19. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

More signs of global warming, I guess. Garbage cloggin the drains aside, there is more rainfall volume now. And we just react to the changes by buying vehicles with higher ground clearance.

Godfather likes this.
  20. hitme64

Trucks are the biggest selling vehicles in the market the past two quarters this year. Auto Industry thinks that owners are gearing towards pickups because of its road clearance, road stability and cargo capability. Rangers, Raptors, Hiluxes, Silveradoes, and all its ilk are getting snapped up in favor of traditional sedans and SUVs because of their versatility.

Now you know why traffic is bound to get worse with all the trucks on the road.