What are you collecting?

Discussion in 'General OT' started by Jess, May 27, 2013.

1. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

IMG_2013.JPG Starbucks You Are Here Mugs.
    Only those that I have visited. 24 as of last count.

greta87, raypin, ericb and 1 other person like this.
  2. imart

imart PhilMUG Addict Member

Many thanks, Sir :):):)

3. dingjana

dingjana Member

I have 3 drawers full of notebooks and pens/pencil/markers, I buy a notebook and pen combo when I'm stressed. I guess the amount I have shows how stressed I've been the past 2 years which was when I started collecting.

4. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

What am I collecting?

My answer: Nothing
    My wife's answer: Everything

Sunil_K likes this.
  5. jcsantamarina

jcsantamarina Buzz Ambassador
    Staff Member

As of the moment.. my thoughts.. :whistle:

..on whether this is still a relevant topic for discussion.

LOL!

6. imart

imart PhilMUG Addict Member

Time to dust-off the collection. Here's the All Nippon Airways A380 Flying Honu diecast aircraft model in 1/200 scale. The aircraft marshaller is a Preiser figure.

Check out some of my collection at www.instagram.com/babyplanes

[​IMG]
    Flying Honu

Jess, greta87, insane_kiddo and 3 others like this.
  7. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm....zero add to my collection this year so, once this is over, something to look forward to this year of annus horribilis ( what else could it be). A new, beautiful Noble and will be my first tribrid (dynamic, balanced armature and electrostatic drivers) iem.

https://nobleaudio.com/en/shop/universal/sultan/

Theus likes this.
  8. Rugged Ndividual

Greetings, Everyone. I have a large number of vintage Macs, in various condition, and I've come to a point where I simply can't store them any longer. I had big plans for them, but it's no longer practical to hold on to them. I'm not sure how I should go about finding a new home for them, but I am hoping to pass them on to a person, or group, who will appreciate them. I don't intend to make a profit on a sale or trade, but I would like to get something for them. Please advise regarding the best way to pass them on to a good home. There are too many to list separately and try to sell on Marketplace etc. Any and all ideas will be considered. Thank you.

greta87, Juice and Emug like this.
  9. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

^You can post pictures of them instead by bulk and maybe some can look at them and get those they want. Am also curious what you have in your collection.

10. Rugged Ndividual

Thanks for your interest and advice. I'd like to do that, but I'm worried I might be breaking a rule if I don't use the "marketplace" section. Which is all but impossible regarding a whole collection. I thought my "signature listed many of them, but I don't see that here. I'll list the items I can take pictures of. I might have to find similar items online in order to post pics faster.

11. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm....yup. Selling not allowed outside marketplace.

if any Philmugger is interested in acquiring the vintage Apple, exchange PM.

12. xthine

xthine PhilMUG Addict Member

These days?

Face masks and fire arms

Sunil_K likes this.
  13. Rugged Ndividual

Thanks. I guess I could post it as "My collection" here, and hope that no one gets upset.

14. Jess

Jess PhilMUG Addict Member

NBA Card Collecting is BACK! hehehe! if you are a collector before in the 90s, the landscape have changed dramatically. :ROFLMAO:

if you have a Kobe Auto congrats you are at the very least 50K richer.

MJ Metal Universe base card that was very common in the late 90s now sells for 5K-15K

15. kinse_44

kinse_44 PhilMUG Addict Member

Speaking of NBA collection, anybody here who's into NBA Top Shot? The official source for NBA licensed digital collectibles. I'm late to this but I'm looking forward to building a collection. This thing is a bit pricey already in the basic tier, but every card, even from lesser known NBA players, can score you a good amount of money in the marketplace.

16. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

I wouldn't say its a collection.

Wife: Bags -> I buy her a new one every year (sometimes 2 but the 2nd one should be sub $1K)
    Me: Watches -> nothing fancy, but the number has grown over the years. Each watch has a story behind it.
    Family: Fridge magnets (for every city we visit) - we also used to get snow globes, but a lot of them already started leaking so we decided to just keep the magnets.

17. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

ironmans.... everything ironman but mostly hot toys ironman

18. Pupkin

Pupkin Well-Known Member

We used to have a NBA Card shop from 1993 to 1998 when MJ retires my father decided to close it, but we got pretty big we’re the number 1 shop in Sampaloc Manila back then everyone knows the shop.
    Back then card collecting from NBA to Magic the gathering and pokemons was about having fun every body can start collecting and kids can also start. Yes it was a bit pricey back then if you collect MJ’s but it’s not even comparable to today’s hobby,
    Now card collecting is more about business and bragging, only select few can actually afford to start a hobby, New Rookie cards price is ridiculous.. rookies are sort after immediately because of those money promises.
    Somehow today we think hobby is controlled illegally by few individuals who can cash out ridiculous amount of money so they can control the Value.

Luckily we managed to keep some of the highly rated card today like most of Kobe Rookies, MJ inserts..if we managed to have those graded today i think it will pull over a million pesos. I have a professional new collector to come over to take a look at our collection and he estimated 2 million just for the Kobe Rookies. If we can have it graded properly.
    Even PSA grading cost went up to ridiculous fee.
    Collecting Cards back in the day was so fun! There so much you can do there’s so many options and the floor shop was energized, happy, exciting. The chase was through the packs of card now the chase is on ebay or private auctions.

#178 Pupkin, May 10, 2021
    Last edited: May 10, 2021
    Sunil_K likes this.
  19. jlconferido

jlconferido Active Member

I collect weed pipes. I like the monkey pipe, journey pipe and fisherman's friend.

20. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

That is awesome! Talk about having a gold mine! I remember having to save up my allowance, just to be able to buy a pack or two of Upper Deck, Hoops, Fleer, or Skybox. Nowadays, you see guys like Big Boy Cheng, opening up several boxes worth tens of thousands. I remember going to Galleria with my binder, wanting to trade my extras, just so that I could complete my set/team. Fun times.

Pupkin likes this.