What about the CAAP regulations for videographers with medium drones ?

Discussion in 'Videographers' started by Technobilder, Nov 23, 2014.

1. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mmm........I think it is safe to say that CAAP completely ignored the other side (if such a meeting even took place). The regulation, issued last year, is CAAP's blunt way of saying: we're banning flying drones in the Philippines. Period. Since then, drone owners' reaction is simple: we're ignoring your regulation. Period. Me: middle ground, win-win solution. I am for responsible use of drones provided that the regulations in place are reasonable and easy to comply with. I am not a drone owner, merely an aspiring one. I wish RC groups were as organized as amateur radio groups (such as the Philippine Amateur Radio Association) but the reality is the existing RC groups are not organized enough to do any effective lobbying. Fyi, for those interested in becoming licensed: contact the Flight Standard and Inspectorate Service at 8799218. Don't bother scouring the CAAP website regarding forms or procedures. CAAP did not even bother communicating it in their official website.

Finally, in the U.S. :" Flying model aircraft solely for hobby or recreational reasons does not require FAA approval. However, hobbyists are advised to operate their aircraft in accordance with the agency's model aircraft guidelines (see Advisory Circular 91-57). In the FAA Modernization and Reform Act of 2012 (Public Law 112-95, Sec 336), Congress exempted model aircraft from new rules or regulations provided the aircraft are operated "in accordance with a community-based set of safety guidelines and within the programming of a nationwide community-based organization." "Developing all the rules and standards we need is a very complex task, and we want to make sure we get it right the first time. We want to strike the right balance of requirements for UAS to help foster growth in an emerging industry with a wide range of potential uses, but also keep all airspace users and people on the ground safe." (Source: FAA). Sana, CAAP will see the light of day and adopt the FAA policy. CAAP, more popish than the pope? Lol!

#21 raypin, Jan 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  2. King

King PhilMUG Addict Member

3. trigo

trigo Well-Known Member

4. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

Military ops are not within CAAP's jurisdiction, thus the name Civil Aviation Authority of the Phils... That's for the PAF/DoD to figure out. :)

5. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member