weird sound coming from under my MB keyboard?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by Nebula., Sep 18, 2009.

1. Nebula.

Nebula. Member

Guys, I'm not sure if this is a real problem but I noticed last night while using my laptop that its making weird noises coming from under the keyboard.

I restarted the laptop and then after that the noise was gone and I was relieved. It was quiet. Unfortunately, it came back after an hour.

Is the sound supposed to be normal? Or baka ngayon ko lang siya napansin kasi most of the time I play music while using the computer.

It's like some kind of drilling or spinning sound, not sure if it's the fan or HD spinning? :redface: :slanted:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag5lu6dTfKI

Part of me thinks I didn't record the sound properly, parang hangin lang ata yung narecord but it is there.

Could this be an early sign that my laptop's giving up on me? I hope not cuz I need it more than ever (all my subjs require us to use computers and heavy multimedia programs).

Thanks for any inputs about this and if there's already a thread for this let me know please and sorry.

2. seabournlegend

I'm not sure about it, but it sounds like the fan is running at high speeds. If the cpu load is high (i.e. multitasking), the temps rise up so the fan spins faster to cool it down.