Weird install disc issue with diablo 2

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by MattyThrash, Jul 6, 2007.

1. MattyThrash

MattyThrash Guest

I recently bought a MacBook, and wanted to play my old copy of diablo II.

I downloaded the OS X installer from the blizzard website, but when I insert the install disc, it just ejects after about 5 seconds without an error message or anything.

I can look at all the files on the CD, so I would assume that the disc isn't scratched or corupted in some other way, I've looked around and could not find any solutions, should I just buy a new copy, or will Blizzard replace the disc? I would rather an answer that doesn't take a month of shipping to resolve though.

2. lamski

lamski PhilMUG Addict Member

If your diablo 2 disk's name and files appear in ALL CAPS, it's a windows-only disk. That was the problem I ran into a couple of years ago when I bought the Diablo battle chest from Datablitz. Fortunately, they were able to obtain newer stocks that were hybrid disks. But it took a couple of weeks to sort out.

3. Macmon

Macmon Well-Known Member

if you have only version 1. it is a windows only installer
    so I play my diablo under parallels