watchOS 7

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ice, Jun 24, 2020.

Tags:
  1. MharDelaCruz

MharDelaCruz Active Member

ECG is now working on my AW4. Although I need to update my iPhone to IOS 14.4 for it to work.

wem272 and raypin like this.
  2. denpacs

denpacs PhilMUG Addict Member

watchOS 7.3 is now availabld to download. You can now activate the ECG App. Enjoy! (y)

3. sillimanian

sillimanian Member

Finally!

watchOS 7.3 includes new features, improvements, and bug fixes, including:
    • ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 or later in Japan, Mayotte, Philippines, and Thailand
    • Irregular heart rhythm notifications in Japan, Mayotte, Philippines, Taiwan

wem272 and jayparalejas like this.
  4. wem272

wem272 Active Member

The release notes for watchOS 7.3 read as follows:

watchOS 7.3 includes new features, improvements, and bug fixes, including:

• Unity watch face— inspired by the colors of the Pan-African Flag, the shapes change throughout the day as you move creating a face that's unique to you
    • Time to Walk for Apple Fitness+ subscribers— an audio experience in the Workout app where guests share inspiring stories as you walk
    • ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 or later in Japan, Mayotte, Philippines, and Thailand
    • Irregular heart rhythm notifications in Japan, Mayotte, Philippines, Taiwan, and Thailand
    • Fix for an issue where Control Center and Notification Center may be unresponsive when Zoom is enabled
    Users can update watchOS to the latest build by opening the Apple Watch app on their iPhone, tapping My Watch, then General, then Software Update, then Install. Once downloaded, the Apple Watch should be placed on a charger to allow the update to install.

Just saw it this morning on an apple site. I’m feeling “welcome to 2021.” Hopefully the rumors are true on blood sugar monitoring on the next iteration of Apple Watch.

5. textguru

textguru Active Member

yes... I should have bought AWS6 instead of AWSE :confused: . I thought it will be forever that this ECG/IHR feature not to be available as the eSIM functionality (cellular model). Anyway, I hope there are other improvement for AWSE

wem272 likes this.
  6. Quest4dgoodlife

Quest4dgoodlife Active Member

I'm still on an apple watch series 2 and Watch OS6.3 the highest i can go. The watch is still working very well to my dismay, haha. l will probably upgrade to the AWS7 since I'm missing out now on a lot of functionalities.

7. antski

antski Well-Known Member

Apple PH is going to sell more Apple Watches this year for sure. :)

raypin, Shinahashirome and wem272 like this.
  8. potpot2

potpot2 PhilMUG Addict Member

Finally! After 2 years, my watch is relevant again!

wem272 and Shinahashirome like this.
  9. raze19

raze19 Active Member

Last Dec I was planning on getting an SE to replace my aging S3 but opted to get an S6. Glad I did as ECG was activated this year.

wem272 likes this.
  10. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm....decided to go for public beta. So, updated to iOS 14.5 and Watch OS 7.4. Now, I can unlock my iPhone with my Watch while wearing a surgical mask. No button to push, unlocking is automatic.It works (unlocking is a tad slower than without a mask, 1 second vs. 0.5 seconds). Great new feature. Solves the Face ID and covid mask problem. Watch vibrates during the unlocking process. Thanks Apple.

Had some problems installing Watch 7.4. so I unpaired the Watch and re-paired it before proceeding with the OS update. After updating both iPhone and Watch, Watch/iPhone unlock was not working properly. Turned both devices off and turned it back on. Solved.

#30 raypin, Feb 16, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
  11. dasaint

dasaint PhilMUG Addict Member

so updating mine

raypin likes this.
  12. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

same here. Decided to go beta because of the iPhone-unlock by watch feature. Soooo convenient when wearing a mask. Works well too! Although globe one seems incompatible with the beta iOS.

raypin likes this.
  13. textguru

textguru Active Member

14. rbelza200

rbelza200 New Member

Did you encounter any bugs with the unlock by watch feature? My iPhone won't unlock by watch if music is playing from the apple music app.

15. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

There was one instance when the watch won't unlock but I cant remember if there was music playing in the music player. I do remember I was outside the car so maybe not. Will try to observe.

16. Shinahashirome

Shinahashirome Active Member

17. Shinahashirome

Shinahashirome Active Member