Warning for those who will buy Apple products in Greenhills

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by omarsytan, Aug 8, 2011.

1. bad_boy

bad_boy Watching Your Language
    Staff Member

Well, if you can take steps to have internet access when you're there, you won't need to buy the unit just to check. Insist on opening the box and turning the unit on, and refuse to buy from stores that do not allow that :cool:

Let's stay on topic here. Beats are not Apple products (the thread title says it all).

2. gang_armani

gang_armani Active Member

It really is scary!!

They can just replace the box of the ipad 2 with the New iPad cover and that's it.

It is best to open the seal while @ the store and inspect serial to match with box and physical unit's condition.

Physically is there anyway to differentiate the iPad 2 from the New iPad?

3. LeoCastillo

LeoCastillo Maestro
    Staff Member

The camera hole is bigger in the New iPad.
    (this assumes you can't turn on the iPad of course or else the Retina will just show)

4. littlewingz08

littlewingz08 Well-Known Member

the new ipad is also thicker than the ipad 2. :)

5. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

No, its just one of those stalls. The old stock was in a shrink wrap so i dont think the stickers will get dirty if its the case, but it was, so I guess they passed an old refurb one as bnew.

6. Rod Antonio

Rod Antonio New Member

Ok. Here's what I know so far when buying an Iphone 4/4S. To make sure its brand new, check serial number in the unit if it matches the one on the box. Another way is to log-in to apple.com, input serial number and see if warranty has not expired yet. Globe and Smart are the only distributors that offer warranty and replacement units.
    I have another set of questions for you muggers. Can I activate the unit out of the box? I saw some instructional videos showing the device being connected to a MAC/PC to activate it. If I buy one from retail store other than Globe and Smart, is this how they will activate it if it's brand new? Is it correct to assume that if I'm able to activate it out of the box that the unit is second hand?

7. jos_357

jos_357 New Member

DTI policy or not, there is no return no exchange in Greenhills stores...especially that one with the "Asia..." something in its name. Be careful, or be ready to take legal steps. Best of all, skip the gutter and buy from legit stores.

8. Colossus1973

Colossus1973 Active Member

Westchester County, Salem Center, New York
    Where in Greenhills is this store you are refering to, the one with the "Asia" in its name?

9. ll_esquivias

ll_esquivias Well-Known Member

her name is not Asia, but Aiza. She is a Maranao Muslim seller. Notorious for resealing ng phones. Guys, technically wala ng BrandNew na iPhone 4 not otherwise galing sa Globe. As always check the warranty. Madali lang magpareseal Php 150 lang ang singil.

Sa Theater Mall, mabibilang mo rin ang nagbebenta ng talagang sealed. If I were you, buy to the following stores: Sahara or James Telecoms. They are found at Bridgeway Greenhills. If you hesitant you can look for me sa shop, AJ Laptops and Gadgets 2nd Flr Theater Mall (look for Burn) so I can give directions where to buy legit and sealed units maging discrete lang kayo sa shop na nagbebenta rin ng units.

Don't buy new iPhones sa tiangge para makasigurado ka. I accompany PhilMuggers sa mga OK na stores.

For iPhones not coming from Globe, 3 days replacement warranty lang yan plus 1 year service excluding parts.

You can PM me for the latest prices ng iPhones or iPad Dealer price. Or text 9228029841.

10. Tuli$an

Tuli$an Active Member

Is AJ Laptops the same as AJ Telecom?

11. ll_esquivias

ll_esquivias Well-Known Member

Nope. We are located sa Theater Mall. I dont know whose AJ Telecom.

12. driodoco_julius

Sad to see stores at the tiangge area selling the iPad2 tagged as the new iPad. I even asked the seller if it was indeed the new iPad and she said yes. The box is definitely a sealed iPad2.

13. mystavros

mystavros Member

Dont assume that they already know the name new iPad is equivalent to the 3rd gen iPad. did you ask the seller this way: is this a new iPad? or this: is this the new iPad?

14. Rod Antonio

Rod Antonio New Member

monerxz, i'm planning on purchasing iphone 4s from kimstore. Although, I have read positive feedbacks from the customers, there are a lot of negatives as well. How often do you purchase from Kimstore? I really want the 4S, but it's just too pricey in other retailers. How did you make sure that the product you bought is geniune and brand new? Thanks.

Hi muggers! Any of you know kimstore? I really want an Iphone 4S and they sell units cheaper than other retailers. Can anybody here vouch for this online gadget store?

15. topboy

topboy Member

Hi ! Yes, i bought my iPhone 4 from kimstore last year. I chose to pay COD but like any other newbie, before handing over the payment to the messenger who delivered my iPhone, i checked the serial number online if the unit was registered/brand-new. Bottom line, she could be trusted ...however, you must be sure to buy one as she sometimes doesnt answer text queries.

16. comixster

comixster Member

Re: Re: Warning for those who will buy Apple products in Greenhills

My impression based from feedbacks I read is okay naman ang items that are being sold by kimstore.. However based from my personal experience, medyo magulo kausap and sometimes hinde na lang magrereply, so I end up getting my phone somewhere else

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

17. Zoey

Zoey Active Member

Ugh, its either the sellers are not well informed or they are dishonest and hoping to take advantage of ignorant customers and pass an iPad2 as the new 2012 iPad. I'm betting on the latter, lots of despicable gray market sellers out there.

18. cybernaut

cybernaut Account Suspended
    ERASED FROM EXISTENCE

Ok naman bumili sa greenhills. Basta Huwag sa tiangge, dun kayo sa may shops talaga like theatre mall, vmall and bridgeway shops.

19. mig

mig Active Member

Anyone know how much they buy 64gb units in GH?

20. havenguyz

havenguyz New Member

Sobrang dami txt natatangap ni kimstore. if your not texting your details of what you want and when meet up with your name. baga inquiry lang don't even bother.
    As people buying kailangan alam nyo na bibilhin nyo. di po sila info center. Also learn naman to READ the ad.

just buy from shops with names and physical stores, not the ones that look like tianges. Some good ones in theatre mall are netgear and appstore. they are a big dealers.

33k na lang buying sa gh