Warning for those who will buy Apple products in Greenhills

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by omarsytan, Aug 8, 2011.

1. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

^i don't think that was ever resolved. Otherwise, mr Soriano would still be active here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. fr.ankie

fr.ankie Member

yeah for us we know how to spot that but for others they may not spot the difference. nothings impossible nowadays. maybe they can change the parts around so that they can make it look like a 4s na. i used to buy cellphones there because people there used to be honest but now im not so sure anymore. its all business na. ow well :(

3. Tuli$an

Tuli$an Active Member

That's why I'm pointing them out. Physical differences are quite hard to change, not to mention it's pretty expensive especially the antenna band. They are also easy to spot compared to turning it on and looking for Siri.

4. Rod Antonio

Rod Antonio New Member

Guys, I don't own any apple product yet but I really want to purchase an Iphone. I have been asking around GH and the prices for Iphone 4 typically ranges from 24k to 26k. The reason I registered here is to gather as much information as I can about the product before I buy. Can anyone explain to me the term factory unlocked or unlocking? Also, what are the things I should look for or what questions to ask to make sure that the product I'm about to buy is genuine and brand new? Could really use your help, guys. Thank you.

5. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

My friend wanted a bnew iPhone 4 unit when they got us the sealed box, the stickers inside were noticeably dirty, we didn't go with the purchase. Its amazing how they pass off things as bnew. I also checked the serial number and it was already out of warranty. -_-;

6. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan PhilMUG Addict Member

Looks like old stock to me. They should at least take care of the merchandize they stock. Terrible.

7. Colossus1973

Colossus1973 Active Member

Westchester County, Salem Center, New York
    If it's possible, can the name of the store be published so that others will know to avoid that store.

8. dorothymax812

dorothymax812 New Member

I think it is a good advise

9. Rod Antonio

Rod Antonio New Member

rdy0329, can you tell where exactly in Greenhills? I regularly visit 3F of the V-mall, that's where I usually buy accessories for the PC and the XBOX360. I went there a couple of weeks ago to also check out the prices for Iphones. Are the stores in there legit when it comes to Apple products?

10. bad_boy

bad_boy Watching Your Language
    Staff Member

Factory unlocked: A misnomer. These units were never locked to begin with. Can be used with any compatible network.
    Unlocking: Done through hardware (Gevey SIM, etc.) or software (jailbreaking), both of which are easily identifiable (the former requires an extra card on your SIM tray while the latter installs a program called Cydia).
    Genuine/brand new identifiers: Take the serial number and plug it into https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do. The serial number on the box and the one in the phone (Settings>General>About>Serial Number) should match.

Your chances of finding an actual brand new iPhone 4 are very slim, though.

11. Rod Antonio

Rod Antonio New Member

Thanks bad boy. I'm already aware of the serial numbers being inputted to the PC to check warranty but this process suggests that I pay for the unit first, bring it home, and then test it. Have you tried purchasing in GH? Maybe you could recommend stores where you bought from? Thanks again.

12. Kenneth

Kenneth Moderator

Best if you have a laptop with wireless internet to check the serial.
    If not, copy the serial, ask the seller if he's willing to reserve the unit to you for an hour while you check the serial, go to iStudio or Digital Hub and take advantage of the free browsing on one of their macs to check the serial.

And use THIS link to see the expiration date

https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

13. lsalapare

lsalapare Well-Known Member

If you can extend your budget a little more and for peace of mind, you can buy brand new iPhone from Globe, they sell it now for 27,747 and that's 16 GB. We wouldn't want a mugger be conned by the tempting price of iPhone in greehills tiangges.

14. whitemug

whitemug Member

just like with most things in life, if the price (or prize) seem too good to be true, in most cases, it probably is, and you should just
    walk away.

best to get from reputable sources who have a good track record. luckily for us, we have the philmug community to help
    people make the right decision.

15. ishi_

ishi_ Member

Sir, how can you verify if Original Beats or Fake (Class AAA/OEM) Beats?
    Honestly, I am also one of those peeps who tempted to get one (Studio HD)
    in GH. Buti na lang at hindi pa ako nakaka-bili. :)

16. Don Pao

Don Pao Well-Known Member

sinamahan ko last week friend ko bought 2 pcs 8GB iphone 4 brandnew sealed sabi ko check namin ung serial di pa registered sa apple so its brandnew.

but nag tanong ako ng 16GB may stock sabi yes sir 26.5k white/black sabi ko sure brandnew kasi diba phase out na. tignan natin sir possible na "reseal" Honest ung sales lady/gay sya actualy. or napansin nya na nag check kami ng imei true apple warranty check. and thanks to il_quievas sya nag sabi samin dun na icheck before buying

17. sbuckspodium

sbuckspodium Member

How much were you able to get the 8gb iPhone 4?

Ishi_

I suggest for you to watch you tube videos, it's a lot more informative as you'll actually see them compare fakes and original.

18. monerxz

monerxz Member

Kimstore is a nice place to buy apple products too. Just bought an ipod touch 32 gb from there and never got into any hassle. :)

19. b2r1y

b2r1y Member

Try looking for Tita Nora sa Ghills. Sa kanya ko nabili brand new iPhone 4 ng GF ko. I checked the serial no. via Apple's website before buying. Everything was legit. 16GB white iPhone 24.5k.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

20. Don Pao

Don Pao Well-Known Member

24k per piece.