Warning for those who will buy Apple products in Greenhills

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by omarsytan, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Tuli$an

Tuli$an Active Member

OT:

I knew you would say that ;)

Dami no namang "friends" and "relatives" na nagpapabenta ;)

Again, just wondering.

2. omarsytan

omarsytan Active Member

Yup there are a lot :)

3. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

or maybe the mods can just have your thread merged with lsalapare's.

4. jsanmtosj

jsanmtosj Member

I know some friends in Greenhills. The ones doing these are not the Christians but more on our Muslim brothers there (no offense meant). My friend even hinted me up before that some of them are selling an iPhone 3G at an iPhone 3GS price! They just jailbreak it and install a compass-wanna-be app in it to look like an iPhone 3GS. It's even not a pristine phone! It was already opened with the back cover also replaced with a 3GS one. Sad I know but it's true. :(

5. Tuli$an

Tuli$an Active Member

TIP: All they need to do to check if it's a 3g or 3gs is look at the model number (Model) in Settings-General-About. All 3G units have a prefix of "MB" while 3GS units have "MC" e.g. MCxxxZP for a HK unit (xxx means numbers which refers to the storage capacity of the unit)

Same goes with iPod Touch 2G and 3G (except for the 8gb 3G model which is actually a 2G with a "MC" prefix)

6. pajamas_001

pajamas_001 Member

Never owned a Iphone but I read online a fake iphone will not be recognized by itunes . Now would iTunes recoginzed if the iphone is a 3g, 3gs, or iphone4 and so on ?

7. ll_esquivias

ll_esquivias Well-Known Member

this is a TIP sa mga gusto bumili sa Greenhills. Para makasigurado kayo na OK bibilhan nyo ask nyo muna un Information Booth and do some profiling about the shop. Ask for a receipt and tell them that anak kayo ng isang General or Congressman para alam nila na pag niloko kayo may paglalagyan sila. I've been working at Greenhills for 5 years na ang alam ko kung sino un gumagawa ng kalokohan at hindi. Hindi lahat ng Muslims ay manloloko, may power seller din na nagrereseal ng unit (Ipad and Iphone). Minsan makakamura kayo pero di naman pala brandnew makukuha nyo. Wag masyado pakatiwala. Business is Business. As mentioned, mabibilang lang ang mga Stalls/Shop na magaling ang After Sales. If pede ko lang i-expose ito without me jeopardizing my work gagawin ko. Please spread the news.

8. yahoosoda

yahoosoda Member

That's so unfotunate :( I've sold stuff in GH but never really bought any high tech stuff from there. I'm about to canvass for an iPhone right now...thanks to all who posted tips on what to watch out for.

9. yahoosoda

yahoosoda Member

Just an update...so I did go to Greenhills today with the intent of buying an iPhone 3GS. And what jsanmtosj posted is still in effect :( So many stores were pitching the iPhone 3G as an iPhone 3GS...I found out about it using Tuli$an's tip. I think I went to around 15 stores with around 13 sales people giving offering an iPhone 3G masquerading as an iPhone 3GS.

So much for Greenhills...I didn't have time to go through all the stores and the people returning their iPhones for one defect or the other freaked me out.

10. jklee

jklee Member

Thanks for the warning.. may nagsabi rin kasi sa akin sa greenhills tumingin... At least now i will have to choose who to buy it from... :)

11. Steele

Steele Member

i wonder why people still buy iPhone 3GS/3G/4G from grey market wherein they know that it is not covered by any warranty. Not a smart buy. I'd rather get an iPod 4th gen plus a 3G phone. Cheaper. Same Benefits.

12. bad_boy

bad_boy Watching Your Language
    Staff Member

^Perhaps they want an all-in-one device ;)

13. mysterio

mysterio PhilMUG Addict Member

and they don't want bulging pockets. Hahaha

14. daney_waney

daney_waney Active Member

I'd rather have 1 device with everything in it. =) When I used to have an ipod + 3g phone combo, I always end up leaving the iPod in the car because it is such a hassle to bring both and put them in my pockets.

Technically, iPhones here are all from the grey market except for the Globe locked ones. I'd rather have an openline phone because it is a hassle to have a locked phone specially if you travel. =) As for the warranty, I get to claim it from Singapore since that is where I get my phone. It is not really a problem to claim because my sister is based there. =) Aside from the fact that I have not yet claimed any warranty for my phone. :) Oh and the Singapore unit costs a whole lot cheaper than official units here. So I'd still say grey market is not a bad deal. =)

15. pajamas_001

pajamas_001 Member

16. memphis

memphis Well-Known Member

^ i wonder why 8GB 3Gs isn't included?

---
    - Sent from my iPod touch 4G using Tapatalk

17. Jess

Jess PhilMUG Addict Member

why not buy your iPhones or iPad to an authrorized apple reseller or better yet to the "known" sellers. it might be a couple thousand more at most but you are safer and skip the hassle.

18. judesak

judesak New Member

could anyone give me a relaible store in greenhills where l can buy a truly original and brand new itouch 4? l hope someone replies. l dont know much about gb but this thread is scaring me. :eek:

19. liv_m

liv_m Member

Digital Hub, 3rd level of V Mall.

20. powerseller

powerseller Member

One more vote for Digital Hub

Though I never buy from them anything they look very professional in communication.