Vornado Air Circulators - are they worth the price?

Discussion in 'General OT' started by xtine, Mar 3, 2015.

1. sabaw

sabaw Member

yeah, the DC models are just too crazy expensive.
    Guess im still deciding on whether to get the 630 or look for a 660. I can set the 660 at a lower speed for sure, but im wondering if the price difference is worth it for a small room such as mine (ofc i do have a bunch of electronics in it so a stronger fan might be worth it).
    Another consideration is the fact that the 660 needs user intervention. Could probably buy a cheap remote socket thing and the 630 suddenly has remote control, whereas the 660 needs to be turned on every time (guess not a big deal since thats how it is now with a regular fan, but it IS more expensive though).

2. kenobiz

kenobiz Active Member

I just ordered Vornado 660 at Lazada. Unfortunately it is only available in white but not a big deal to me. I couldn't find any store near my place that carry 660 model.

3. sabaw

sabaw Member

was actually looking at that with it saying 1 stock unit was left, when i was clicking it earlier this afternoon it would error out to out of stock. haha maybe you got it?
    Id rather have the black one though

4. kenobiz

kenobiz Active Member

Yeah I also experienced that issue this morning. Then I reported that issue to wimax-phils and they fixed the lazada link. It is now working and was able to place an order. You may call wimax phil and ask for stores that carry black 660. :)

#164 kenobiz, May 3, 2017
    Last edited: May 3, 2017
  5. sabaw

sabaw Member

Still deciding between the cheaper 630 and the pricier 660 haha

kenobiz likes this.
  6. pael

pael Well-Known Member

I ordered the Vornado 143 tower fan from Lazada and got it yesterday.

- Says it can blow air up to 30ft but at 10ft I can barely feel anything
    - the remote is so useless that you need to be just 1 meter away to make it work

Got my return form ready for printing :(

7. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

Forget about the tower type. The more traditional circular models are the ones you should get.

8. kenobiz

kenobiz Active Member

I also got my vornado 660 yesterday from Lazada. As for me, seems like vornado 660 works as advertised. I feel the air circulate in my room. It works better if it's on the floor.

Pasionair likes this.
  9. sabaw

sabaw Member

yeah i heard the tower types are pretty bad.

Got a black 660 last week.
    My comments:
    Pros:
    Yes, it circulates the air.
    Air is pretty strong
    Point it towards a corner or a ceiling and you will feel the air circulate (one additional proof is the dust bunnies all over my room keep on moving LOL)
    Practically silent at speeds 1 and 2
    Looks hella Sturdy
    Long cord
    Looks good (subjective)

Cons:
    Expensive
    It wont work miracles. If its hot, the circulation will not give you any comfort. Youre better off pointing it at you as the gentle breeze wont be enough.
    To expound, the gentle breeze is essentially you feeling a soft movement of air. It wont feel like youre in an open field (except if youre under the point where the vornado is pointing, itll feel like a beach breeze)
    Sounds like a jet engine at speed 4, but it moves a LOT of air
    Opens at speed 4, wont remember your last speed
    2 years warranty here in the phil vs 5 years in the US (what a bunch of cheapskates)

Am I happy? Sure!
    Was it worth it? The jury is still out (i wanna see it on the colder months, might really make a diff there).
    Do i regret buying it? Not really, though i can see myself just as happy with a 2k cheaper panasonic model (for now, waiting for cooler months)
    My GF liked it though and seems like she wants one for her upcoming room (she doesnt like direct wind blowing at her)

tapnclick1940 and xtine like this.
  10. louie_gudboy

louie_gudboy Member

We're thinking of getting one. Anyone knows where we can get the Vfan model (vintage look), color green here in Manila? Thanks!

11. Somnambulist

Somnambulist Active Member

Yes, if you like living near an airport.

12. VornadoPH

VornadoPH New Member

Hi Guys! This is Vornado PH!

Vornado Air Circulators - are they worth the price?

Most people love summer, but there are little things that make it rough: Excessive heat and the stinky sweat that heat causes. Fortunately, the electric fans can help you with the two problems. Electric fans move a volume of air around your body, allowing you to feel cooler and sweat less. Although a fan seems like a simple device, it actually has a variety of uses that make it a valuable appliance for your home. Sure, you could buy a basic fan with no features for a really low price.

For a versatile electric fan, the Vornado Air Circulators earns high marks. It works in a number of different situations and locations, so it should fit almost everyone's needs. The fans are enough to set on a desk, table or floor and keep you cool as a personal fan, but the Vornado Air Circulators has enough power at the highest setting to circulate the air properly in a large room, too.

So, when trying to beat the summer heat outdoors, a glass of lemonade at the pool works great. Beating the heat indoors works best with an electric fan. The best electric fans are the Vornado Air Circulator fans, as it provides the best mix of versatility, good airflow, and quiet operation.

13. Pasionair

Pasionair Member

You can call 632 0513 or see more numbers at https://www.facebook.com/VornadoAsia

We hear that there are few units left.

14. Pasionair

Pasionair Member

Electric fans are used daily in the Philippines. If you just get a small advantage or 1/10 of a smile in a week, it's worth the extra 1 or 2 thousand pesos.

What's the value of having to dispose broken electric fans that last for just a year and then having to go and get another cheap one that will probably just last another year?

15. Pasionair

Pasionair Member

Go for the 4 speed 660 Vornado model if you want power!

16. Pasionair

Pasionair Member

You are right that the DC models are EXPENSIVE.

They use a 24V DC motor and can save up to 80% of energy costs.

A 5 year warranty is offered for these Vornado models, that's longer than the warranty on a P5 million Mercedes Benz!

YOLO?

17. Pasionair

Pasionair Member

Good choice! Glad to see you were able to get a unit from Lazada. We heard that stock levels have been low.

18. Pasionair

Pasionair Member

The service by Wimax has been consistently good so far. They seem to take the time necessary to make sure the job done is excellent.

We've had to deal with other brands that don't even accept their units for repair or simply don't answer the phones.

19. Pasionair

Pasionair Member

Our friends have acquired Vornado units that are over 20 years old and still running. These were Vornado 700 series units which seem to be powerful work horses. They cool a room like crazy and they last very long.

20. Pasionair

Pasionair Member

We can all lighten up and enjoy the breeze! The breeze can also be argued to not be cooling anything as the temperature in general remains constant in the whole beach.

But people just love the breeze and the comfort it brings.

YOLO? We can enjoy beautiful fans with the comfort of the breeze in our own rooms. Can enjoy life even if we are all just dust in the wind.