Visa application for Japan

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Dekra, Jun 27, 2013.

1. potpot2

potpot2 Well-Known Member

Hope this is still available by December. We will be visiting out daughter in tokyo on dec 26- jan 2.

hitme64 and ronjet like this.
  2. pennylane

pennylane Member

I'm on 5 years multiple entry too, after two single entry issuances in the past. I use Discovery Tours in HV Dela Costa

ronjet and hitme64 like this.
  3. ronjet

ronjet PhilMUG Addict Member

We got our visas first from Friendship tours and second was from Reli Tours both in Dusit Thani Hotel. They gave us 5 years multiple.

4. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

got a single entry first time then renewed it and got 5 year multiple. ater which they announced 10 year validity.

ronjet likes this.
  5. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

Got our visa renewal for Japan(our second). It took 3 days, which is now valid for 5 years.

ronjet and ericb like this.
  6. ericb

ericb Member

Will be applying our visa on Monday. Hoping it will be approved as it's our first time visiting Japan. :)

7. imart

imart Active Member

i got manila-based friends joining me in Tokyo on november 3 and I'm a bit worried about their visa processing time of 7 working days upon learning that they only applied/filed last october 25. plus, november 1 & 2 are public holidays. applied thru ark travel express. i hope this agency would help express este expedite.

8. Juice

Supporter

It usually takes 5 days, sometimes, even less. Hopefully, if the consul sees they're leaving on Nov 3, they might expedited their visa.

9. imart

imart Active Member

crossing my fingers on this. i wonder if there's also walk-in japan visa applications in manila. here in singapore, we do the walk-in application and get results in no time. and it's free. perhaps, i might settle with travel agency method too if I got much better things to do.

10. ericb

ericb Member

May nakapag try na ba mag apply ng visa through TRAVELPROS (Travel Proponents, Inc.), located in Megamall? I'm looking at https://www.ph.emb-japan.go.jp/itpr_ja/00_000256.html and they're not on the list. Usually daw kasi marami pila sa Reli compared sa travelpros.

11. seahaven

seahaven Member

Japan here i come.

12. Sabonis

Sabonis Active Member

Reli tours has a lot of customers for good reason. They pre qualify your application. If they think you don’t have enough docs to qualify they tell you and don’t take your money. They have 2 levels of checking. 1 is pre check, a staff does it and then forwards to their “inner” office where I saw a Japanese check.

Reli tours is accredited by the Japanese embassy. I have referred a lot of people to them with good results. I myself had mine done there. Got 5 years. Am in no way connected with them, I am just happy with their service.

Sunil_K, ericb and raypin like this.
  13. ericb

ericb Member

Me and the wife applied through JTB Philippines Monday last week, its the nearest from our home (they have a travel saloon in Vertis North and are open everyday). Very professional, still waiting for the result of our visa application though. Hopefully this week.

14. Juice

Supporter

Our first visa application for Japan was Travelpros, but I don't think they're an official visa processor for Japan. It took us 5 days to get our visas. We got our second one at REli tours. It took 3 days.

hitme64 likes this.
  15. ericb

ericb Member

Our visas arrived yesterday. We applied Monday last week, total of 5 working days. :)

hitme64 and Juice like this.
  16. hearsay

hearsay Member

For those that got 5 year visas, did you specifically apply for a 5 year visa or single entry but then they upgraded it into a 5 year visa?

I'm about to apply for my second visa for japan this December (I got a single entry in 2017) so i'm wondering if I should apply for a 5 year visa outright already or not.

17. dasaint

dasaint Well-Known Member

We did not apply for multiple entry visa , they just gave us 5 years . Perhaps based on our travel history since our niece got only single entry as it was her 1st trip.

#217 dasaint, Nov 10, 2018 at 7:48 AM
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2018 at 10:55 AM
  18. Hero33

Hero33 Well-Known Member

We just had ours done for our family with a travel agency a few years ago. First try gave all of us 5 years... which now feels sayang cause recently they allowed lawyers to get 10 years. haha

19. MharDelaCruz

MharDelaCruz Active Member

Got my Japan visa around Apr or May this year and it is valid for 10 years but I am not a lawyer :);)

20. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Some travel agencies allow walk-in visa applications for Japan, but AFAIK, all their visas are still sent to the Consular and Visa Affairs Office in Kuala Lumpur thru diplomatic pouch...

I've been told that the 10 years visa validity isn't for all but nonetheless is not available to just lawyers...like @MharDelaCruz we got also 10 years maybe because 1) am a government employee and 2) it's our 3rd time to apply...for all intents, 5 or 10 years is still a premium...

Juice and MharDelaCruz like this.