Visa application for Japan

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Dekra, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Dekra

Dekra PhilMUG Addict Member

Japan relaxes visa rules for Pinoys

Starting July 1, Filipinos can apply for multiple-entry visas for short-term trips to Japan, part of the East Asian country's relaxed visa rules for select Southeast Asian countries.

The multiple-entry visas will allow Filipinos to stay in Japan for a period of 15 days, and the visas will be valid for up to 3 years.

Visa requirements for citizens of Thailand and Malaysia, meanwhile, have been lifted for short-term stays.
    For Malaysia, citizens must have an ordinary IC passport to use this privilege; those who do not have an IC passport will still be encouraged to apply for a visa.
    In the case of Thailand, there will be no visa requirements for Thai citizens who will visit Japan for 15 days or less; for trips longer than 15 days, visas will still be required.
    Prior to this, only citizens of Brunei and Singapore were allowed to enter Japan without a visa.

2. ronjet

ronjet PhilMUG Addict Member

Just read it awhile ago. :) what's the 'certain condition' kaya? :) it's really a Good news for us.

3. wiretap_MD

wiretap_MD Member

4. morphine

morphine Active Member

Kung wala visa, marami nang mga TNT sa Japan

5. micvindelmer

micvindelmer Member

All we have to look out for now are seat sales and promos.

6. anton_mac

anton_mac Member

hindi naman cguro sir. wag naman po masyado Negative agad ang isipin natin sa mga kababayan natin.

7. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

8. prof_er

prof_er Active Member

I hope thatwe filipinos will take advantage of this, not on a negative way. We have to build trust within different countries. Malay natin, like other countries eh NO VISA to any part of the world na rin tayo sa mga susunod na taon. We just have to discipline ourselves and thank Japan for giving us the chance to prove that we deserve to be trusted. Amen!

9. pcalday

pcalday Member

sorry guys, the news is not true. In the website of the Embassy of Japan in the Philippines, "Japan has not lifted the visa exemption for the Philippines contrary to the recent reports" but issues multiple-entry visa. source is Embassy of Japan in the Philippines.

10. pcalday

pcalday Member

My bad . . . I though the news was about no visa needed for Filipinos. Apologies.

11. Mykolant

Mykolant PhilMUG Addict Member

It was pretty clear here that the visa requirements for citizens of the Philippines was not lifted.

No big deal, actually. We just need to respect these rules and protocols that need to be followed. If you really want to go someplace, even if it requires getting a visa, for sure you'd want to make sure you qualify.

12. madmax168

madmax168 Active Member

I feel a hint of racial discrimination against Filipinos there:(

They will probably offer NO VISA required for Fukushima Daiichi Tours :p

13. pels_17

pels_17 Well-Known Member

^Maybe they just based their decision on which country has the most number of TNTs. I don't see any racial discrimination against Filipinos.

14. madmax168

madmax168 Active Member

You're probably right but if thats the case then they are somewhat saying ALL filipinos will be TNTs and that all Thailand and Malaysians will not TNT?

15. pels_17

pels_17 Well-Known Member

The "ALL" Filipinos will go TNT did not come from them, it's your assumption. To answer your question about the Thais and Malaysians, maybe their stats show that they have less probability to go TNT.

16. madmax168

madmax168 Active Member

Ok. I admit I used the wrong word "ALL". ALL I feel is that they don't look at Filipinos like how they do at Thais and Malaysians.

17. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and Brunei - no visa required. Then the Philippines - visa pa rin. Mastercard if you don't have visa. :p

I think their discriminatory filters are set to economics rather than race.

I admit I felt a wee bit hurt too, but those sir, are the facts of life. Perhaps we can dream that one day our country can also be mentioned in the same breath as Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and Brunei. Hey, maybe we're on our way.

18. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

@madmax: japan is the third largest economy in the world (nominal GDP) because they have very smart people. so it's safe to assume that there is an intelligent basis for their decision, like this illegal immigration demographic:

[​IMG]

do you see an alarming number of thai and malaysian "TNTs" in the US? the same is likely true in other first world countries.

so don't get mad, madmax. in this case, it is better to be deadma, or in tagalog, *pa-thai malaysia*. ;)

19. Hero33

Hero33 Well-Known Member

Meh. Godzilla does not need a visa to travel anywhere.

20. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

mmm......less restrictive, I guess, but that is still much better than the proposed deposit-muna-before visa for citizens of certain African countries applying to enter to the U.K., presumably to deter illegal immigration. Perhaps when our economy reaches the top-tier rankings, we will be treated much better. Translation: we have to work like carabaos to lift our country.