Video Surveillance Application for Macs

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by kinetic88, Aug 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kinetic88

kinetic88 Member

Is anyone in this group using a Mac-based video surveillance application? I'm planning to set up a CCTV system using SecuritySpy for the Macintosh <<http://www.bensoftware.com/ss/index.html>> and would like to know if anyone has any experience with this seemingly robust software. So far the only systems I have seen being advertised in the newspapers are PC-based systems and I do not intend to purchase a PC just for this purpose. My most important consideration here is the software as I know that setting up the cameras, cables, and hubs should be similar for PCs and Macs.

Any input would be appreciated. :)

2. scud

scud Member

Try going to CDR king, they have CCTV System available at very low price.

3. C9

C9 Active Member

Security spy is great. It's motion activated and can save an image or video to your hard drive/server and email you a pic. You can even connect it to a cell phone via bluetooth for sms notification once it detects movement. Or set it up as live streaming.

4. kinetic88

kinetic88 Member

@C9, Are you using SecuritySpy? If yes, are you using analog or network cameras, and what brand?

TIA

5. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

i have two monitoring systems in my mac right now: gawker (which actually creates time-lapse movies) and ialertu (which sends me an email of the pic taken when my mac is compromised)...i have also installed a cdr-king ip surveillance cam that is accessed both by pc and mac...

6. C9

C9 Active Member

Sorry, I tried securityspy but found Evocam's interface simpler, while having the same functionality. My above comments pertained to Evocam. The dialer is ABDialer, which can interface with Evocam and the address book to send SMS alerts through a bluetooth cellphone. I was using an old miniDV camcorder but it conked out on me. You can use any cam that can input into your Mac: network, analogue, built in, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.