Video Editing Software

Discussion in 'Videographers' started by ice, Sep 15, 2017.

1. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

Please recommend a good and simple video editor... I might move to Windows so will now loose iMovie...

I was looking for software from Adobe and it seems like their apps are paid monthly (?)

2. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

Konti na nga lang ang Mac creatives dito, nagtanong ka pa ng Windows question. :)

I use Final Cut Pro X and am reasonably happy with it. Even using Apple Motion is easier and lighter for my amateur and prosumer needs than the equivalent Adobe After Effects—which is capable and potentially more powerful. But man, it is bloated and slow for my needs. The rendering speed comparison is akin to Autobahn vs EDSA.

If you're working with a big group, Adobe's CC suite may be better for collaboration. But for solo or small-group use, the $299 I spent on FCP X has easily paid for itself.

civic05 and 4p0se like this.
  3. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

^thanks...

I'm actually looking for something that will work on Windows and Mac...

4. gogetit

gogetit Active Member

5. iAmMichael05

iAmMichael05 Active Member

I suggest you consider DaVinci Resolve 17. They have a free version which I think is more than enough for your needs. It is also compatible with Windows and Mac. I used to use Premiere Pro in my Mac but just like what rbenzon said, Adobe CC Apps for Mac like Premiere Pro and After Effects are painfully slow. I don't know what's happening with Adobe. Since then, I completely transitioned my workflow from Premiere Pro to DaVinci Resolve.