Viber App

Discussion in 'General iOS' started by Shinrai, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Shinrai

Shinrai Guest

Anyone using this? It's better than Skype for calling because you dont need to actively hunt down people's user ids. It works with your contacts like kik so you can do wifi calls instantly to anyone. It's also free and isn't a battery eater. Hope it includes the one thing we pinoys love: text messaging!

2. jaijin

jaijin Well-Known Member

Re: Viber

^free for viber to viber calls or viber to mobile?

3. Shinrai

Shinrai Guest

4. Pretorian

Pretorian Member

Viber

used it talking to my nephew for an hour an he is in Singapore using unli 3G and I was in wifi nack here in Phil., very good rating for free hey....

5. Venet

Venet Member

Very easy to use indeed.

6. seahaven

seahaven Member

i had it installed on my ip4 but havent tried it yet, i also installed it on my gf's iphone 2g but she hasnt received yet the code. anybody here knows if it works for iphone 2g?

7. ligrev

ligrev Member

The app is awesome!

8. marvinp

marvinp Active Member

When I'm behind our company firewall, I can't seem to make or receive calls.

9. mystavros

mystavros Member

its because they are blocking certain incoming/outgoing packets

10. marvinp

marvinp Active Member

I asked the community forum on viber.com on what ports to unblock. No reply yet.

11. drdom

drdom Member

Just installed it in my IP4 and my wife's 3G... Tried calling her phone but can't seem to connect. Does the fact we're on the same wifi router have anything to do with it?

Scratch that... connected my IP4 to the neighbor's wifi hehe... Viber now works :) Apparently you can't call someone on the same router. Great app! and it doesn't even have to be turned on to receive calls!

12. Alucard

Alucard Well-Known Member

I just installed the app and setup was painless (huge understatement but hey, it can't get any simpler than this I think).

I haven't tried making any calls yet tho.

I have a question: if I call from viber to any regular mobile, does it charge data plan or is it considered normal voice call? Example, I'm on the unlimited data plan. So if I just use Viber as my regular phone app from now on and call people (even those without Viber), would that be counted as my data, or would that be counted as voice minutes? I've been searching around but have been unable to find the answer to this.

13. mcmcmacky

mcmcmacky Member

this app works perfectly! :)

14. dominiquejames

dominiquejames Active Member

I love the audio quality of this app! It's like stereo quality, specially when using a headphone. Better than cellular network connection. :) I've been asking everyone I know to install and use this whenever possible.

15. i.am.aids

i.am.aids Member

Viber adds an entry to the contact details. If you want the call to be free using viber, you should be using the number with the "Viber" label and a "Free Call" icon. Other than that, it will be an ordinary call.

16. berrybianka

berrybianka Member

very nice app! at first i couldn't distinguish i'm using viber or cell network. viber calls has purple background to distinguish it :)

17. zildjansg

zildjansg Active Member

+1 on this sir.

18. Viber

Viber Member

Hello everyone,

We are very happy to see your comments and feedback about Viber, and that there is a big crowd in the Philippines using our product!

regarding your questions:
    - the calls that are free are calls between 2 Viber users.

- About problems using Viber behind Firewalls and Routers - please see our Support Forums for more help at http://support.viber.com
    we encourage you to leave posts for us there, and will be more than happy to assist you.

- We are currently working on Viber integration with Android and Blackberry, so you
    will soon be able to talk with even more of your friends for absolutely free!

if you have any more questions or suggestions - please feel free to visit our Support Forums at http://support.viber.com

Thank you,
    Viber Team.

19. Shinrai

Shinrai Guest

Nice to hear from an app dev who is true to their app – they listen to customers! Hope it gets text messaging capabilities as well and a Mac client (if possible)

20. gang_armani

gang_armani Active Member

One of the best apps out there guys, Grab it! also works on iPod Touch.

One Word!

"FANTASTIC"