Vacuum Cleaner Thread

Discussion in 'General OT' started by yehey9, Feb 16, 2014.

1. w00ch

w00ch New Member

How much was it back then? Tineco A11 Hero now is at 15k. Anyone can confirm if this price is good enough to pull the trigger.
    Still much expensive by 2k if you compare with Amaz*n

2. xthine

xthine PhilMUG Addict Member

*** Update on my Dyson V11 Animal bought in April 2019

Well, trigger stopped working. It made the saddest sound when I pulled the trigger that
    last time. Did all the recommended trouble shooting by Dyson and it still won’t work.

Machine still has a few months warranty but it’s taking about a dozen emails so far to get it replaced. I was told that a new body will be sent, received a confirmation of the order made by customer service. A week later no updates, got a reply asking me to trouble shoot again and as a reminder they are offering a 20% discount for registered customers that of course excludes the V11.
    I told them again I want the machine replaced.
    Latest reply, they are now out of stock of the body, and offered “ to do an exchange”. Didn’t bother asking what they plan to exchange the broken machine with, we’ll see what they send.

In the meantime I just bought a Miele Triflex HX1. The switch is push button, not a trigger that has to be pressed. First time using Miele, will come back with first thoughts and comparison the the v11.

sandybridge_guy and docjbr like this.
  3. sandybridge_guy

sandybridge_guy PhilMUG Addict Member

The eye-watering srp of the V11 made me go for the Hover OnePwr Blade Max (unsure if it’s available there) at only $399 on sale. When I got home, I put on the battery and was quire surprised to see it fully discharged (as per my experience, most batteries come in half-charged). Anyway, plugged it overnight but when I woke up, battery isn’t even charging. Off I go back to the store where I got it, then bought this baby instead.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cordless Dyson vacuums are known to have abysmal battery life (i have a v7 car+boat and it last a measly 15mins on full power) but this v10 motorhead has three power settings - low, mid and max. The low setting is quite enough for my carpet so I get about 55 minutes off the battery which is very excellent imo as it’s enough to vacuum my whole second floor.

greta87, Sunil_K and ronjet like this.
  4. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

5. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

before had dyson, but when it died on me bought the xiaomi wireless vacuum and never went back to dyson. now they have a new one the Xiaomi G10 vacuum with build in mop. price is very tempting! hay gastos again :(

6. tinmuning

tinmuning Active Member

How is the Xiaomi's "sucking" power compared to your Dyson? I currently use a Dyson V8 but I'd like to have a standby just in case it conks out.

7. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

i think its good! batt in my opinion is better than dyson BUT the weight is a bit heavier in my opinion but it gets the job done for me! and for half the price. i really think its a bang for the buck!

8. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

Just a realization that a Dyson is just a really bad investment. It works well enough, but is also broken for quite a while. After sales service and repairs take soooo long, either they just don’t have enough supplies to fix it, or there’s just too many units being repaired, which tells you a lot about it’s longevity.

9. ice

Not sure who distributes/supports Dyson locally, but service was very good in Singapore.

My wife used her V8 for years and it was handed down to her sister when we purchased a new Digital Slim

IMO, big plus for Dyson is the availability of parts (even on third party resellers)

docjbr likes this.
  10. Quest4dgoodlife

Quest4dgoodlife Active Member

Thank you for sharing. I'm thinking of buying the Xiaomi G10 given that I was waiting for a sale and hoping to buy a dyson v11. WIll wait for other reviews on the g10 before pulling the trigger on this after maybe 3 weeks.

11. Don Pao

Don Pao Well-Known Member

Me too let's see if Shopee's 5.5 sale will drop the price for the xiaomi g10 :) i'm using Deerma VC25 i'm Very satisfied with it. got it for 4,000 pesos 7 months ago using it twice a day Morning and night and i have tested durability too (drop test) lol

Quest4dgoodlife likes this.
  12. docjbr

Lucky you. Here in the Philippines, terrible. Even the vacuum at my parent’s has been due for repair for 2 months now. You send a message, they’ll just send a message with a google form, and then nothing.

13. docjbr

Okay, so the official distributor here in the Philippines, Whiteplain Inc, just gave me a call. I was informed that they will not service my unit, since I didn't buy it here in their physical stores.

What gives with these companies? Just like Macs (before), stores here won't accept international warranties if your Apple product was purchased abroad (good thing that changes in the past few years). But now, I may have to contact Hongkong to possibly get the unit repaired.

14. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

yes hassle! but i think their reason is for you to buy from the "official" store here... but i know the feeling hassle!

docjbr likes this.
  15. m4r14n

m4r14n Active Member

That's really odd - is the unit out of warranty? I would understand if within warranty - maybe coverage not sorted by HQ but if we will pay - we should be given option to still be serviced. :(

docjbr likes this.
  16. ice

That's annoying. DeLonghi serviced my coffee machine even if it was bought from Singapore (although I had to pay for everything)... At my home alone, I only have 1 item purchased locally (Mitsu Tech Electric fan :D ) Our Dyson Vac isn't even available locally...

Is it still under warranty? I remember asking a few shops in Singapore (before our move) and they all told me their "international warranty" does not cover Philippines...

docjbr likes this.
  17. lamski

lamski PhilMUG Addict Member

Mini vacuums still count, right? Several weeks ago, I bought this from Lazada: OPOLAR High Power Cordless Duster & Vacuum 2-in-1
    [​IMG]
    Very convenient for lightweight cleaning tasks. It's perfect for cleaning electronics with the blower function. I was cleaning one of my file server CPUs and it was really easy to get rid of the accumulated dust and grime with the blower. It also comes with brush attachments so cleaning keyboards was easier. It comes with a really strong fan with low or high settings. The batteries are charged via USB cable.

docjbr and Theus like this.
  18. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

was just checking this, ang mahal pala but it's got good reviews. comes with 18 months warranty? can you use it while it's charging? thanks

docjbr likes this.
  19. ice

I have a Baseus Portable Mini Car Vacuum its in the car for quick cleaning.

Big plus that it fits in my car's bottle holder and uses USB-C for charging

[​IMG]

Theus and docjbr like this.
  20. docjbr

Yes, still within warranty, it’s only 7 months old:ROFLMAO: When they called me (the local distributor), and said they didnt want to service it, I turned into Karen, and the next best thing is to go higher. So Ive been posting on the official Dyson social media, and I got a message from there, and they said they’ll coordinate with the local distributor.

but yes, huge hassle. They should put up a sign:
    “If you dont buy your Dyson here in the Philippines, if it’s in need of repair, you’re stuck!”