Vacuum Cleaner Thread

Discussion in 'General OT' started by yehey9, Feb 16, 2014.

1. volans

volans Member

3rd. 2nd gen is the S50

hitme64 likes this.
  2. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Rustan’s has apparently stopped carrying Dyson vacuum cleaners, so says their marketing rep. Wonder why? Or maybe because their new product promotion is for Gorenje, though am not sure there are vacuum cleaners in their lineup.

I was suppose to ask for new filters for the Dyson but no one seems to know what happened to their display. To make things quite furious, I was shown the GE Vacuum Cleaner at a discounted price if I needed to buy one.

What’s happened to you Rustan’s?

3. ashtracer

ashtracer New Member

Take this with a grain of salt, but I just recently bought a Pure Cool and was told by the SA that Dyson in the Philippines has a new distributor and it's an SM partner so I guess that is why they're no longer available at Rustan's?

I was also told that replaceable items like filters can be bought at Dyson Century City Mall.

hitme64 likes this.
  4. hitme64

No dice. No filters available now. Just ordered them so am expecting around 2-3 weeks.

5. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

anyone tried the xiaomi wireless handhelv vacuum? stronger than dyson DAW. Looks nice with many accessories

6. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

they look very good...

But I'm tempted to replace my Dyson with Philips SppedPro Max Aqua... it comes with a built in mop...

7. frequenzy

frequenzy Active Member

i have tried the display item at trinoma. it looks sleek but I don' think the suction power is stronger than our v8.

8. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

Dyson is apparently on “sale” on Lazada 6*6.

Anyone with a quick comparison of the V8, V10, V11? V8 is going for half the price of everything else.

ronjet likes this.
  9. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

Hi @docjbr , I watched countless comparison YT videos on this very topic and decided to the get the V11 for the following reasons:

[ 1 ] The battery life: Eco: 73 minutes, Med: 40 minutes, Boost: 9 minutes (I believe it's the only one in the lineup with the Boost feature, and yes, it sucks HARD. These are my real world minutes 5 months into using it every other day. I don't remember what the advertised minutes are on the site.
    [ 2 ] The digital display helps (It ain't a touchscreen but I appreciate it all the same; allows me to switch between them 3 modes in a jiffy.
    [ 3 ] It was being offered for like $170 off last Boxing Day so that was the clincher. I elected to get the package with a standalone dock instead of the wall dock which I didn't like since I'd have had to screw that. Though it came with the gold wand instead of my preferred purple / blue wand, it slowly grew on me and I hardly notice it now.
    [ 4 ] The attachments. I hardly use them all; I only ever use 2 - 3 attachments but it's nice knowing I have everything for any situation.
    [ 5 ] Pretty efficient for scooping hair fall especially near invisible pet hair.
    [ 6 ] It's just damn handy... I feel like Buck Rogers whenever I use it. I finish vacuuming the house at 15 minutes tops with plenty of minutes to spare. The ceiling, tight spaces, grills, the exhaust, even my Macbook's screen and keyboard, you name it, it will suck the dust right off it.
    [ 7 ] The V8 was also at half the price back then but there's a good reason for that. It just pales (sucking power / battery power) in comparison to the V11. I didn't even consider the V10. It was the V11 or bust.
    [ 8 ] Best luxury gadget I've ever gotten myself, it's just so freakin' useful.

#129 pochiman, Jun 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    ronjet, docjbr, manager and 2 others like this.
  10. Sunil_K

Sunil_K PhilMUG Addict Member

Thanks for this.. was thinking about getting the v10 as its cheaper than the v11 but your reasoning swayed me to the latter. Gracias amigo

11. hitme64

The one gripe about vacuum cleaners is that it doesn’t get all the dirt in the corners or edges or underneath small openings in cabinets and those dust and grime stay there for how long even cockroaches are afraid of it. The solution it always seems is that lowly walis tambo. No electric power, no cords, no attachments, no noise. The same brute power of the arm used and the same strokes required. Dust, dirt, house insects and the occasional lost toy or, guess what, money are swept into the dustpan out of the house for good (except the money, of course).

Sunil_K likes this.
  12. pepspeps

pepspeps Active Member

I've been using my V7 and V8 for more than a year now. I use them everyday and I must say they are pretty handy to use, especially when doing the cars.

If I may suggest, invest in the Mini Motorized Tool if not yet included in box. This is an awesome attachment on cleaning up the bed, sofa and other soft/foam furniture.

[​IMG]

ronjet and MharDelaCruz like this.
  13. docjbr

@pochiman , I knew I can count on someone on PhilMUG to give me gold advice, just like what you gave. Truly greatful with what you just said, I really appreciate it. Thank you!

Side note, we kinda miss how you’d always start your posts. Gracias, amigo! Stay safe over there!

pochiman and ronjet like this.
  14. ronjet

ronjet PhilMUG Addict Member

I’ve been using a v6 and v7 for the longest time. Same with Pochimam, Saw before some YouTube comparison of everything Dyson’s Vacuum. Yes V11 is great. Only drawback that he mentioned is that it is much heavier than the rest of their portable vac.
    Thanks for the tip Doc Jay. Might look at this sale.

docjbr likes this.
  15. Ejaxene

Ejaxene Well-Known Member

I bought this from Lazada when I was in the Philippines and brought it back home with me to New Zealand... that time the Tineco still wasn’t locally available here (it is now but much more expensive compared to the PH pricing I paid).

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/...o4l.searchlist.list.1.1ccf5f8eY7Vrhd&search=1

I’ve tested the Dyson a lot of times instore... it’s much more powerful (by feel—-stores are never that dirty) than the Tineco but I just can’t justify the price tag of the Dyson.

One of the complaints in my local mums-who-clean FB group (not that I’m a mum hehe) is that the Dyson’s battery capacity degrades overtime and it’s not user replaceable. The Tineco S12 ships with two batteries and more attachments than a standard Dyson package unless it’s the Absolute variants.

Suction power is close to V10, more than V8 if my memory serves me right (I checked heaps of YouTube review vids)

If you’ll want to buy, buy the separate soft roller head if you have hard floors... I bought one, pero naiwan sa Pinas care of ECQ. My house mostly has carpets and it’s very satisfying to see the dirt that gets sucked by the machine...

Very very happy and satisfied with my purchase...

#135 Ejaxene, Jun 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    Sheryl., isaak and ronjet like this.
  16. patreng

patreng Active Member

this is what I use for our beds and sofas. I have the v7. unfortunately my battery needs replacement. and it konked right before ecq.
    I tried the v11 of my brother and I must say its more difficult to maneuver because of the weight.

17. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

Hola amigos! Hahaha! Thanks for the shoutout @docjbr, I appreciate it sir. Stay safe!
    It's been fairly quiet here compared to our next door neighbors over the Niagara border, wink wink!

Oh, I finally landed a job a week ago. Them YT/Udemy coding videos really helped.
    #feelingREALLYblessed :ROFLMAO:

Going back, I don't recall mentioning anything about the V11 being heavier but since we're on the topic, let me put it this way: I'm somewhat skinny at around 132 lbs. and yes, I did notice its heft when I was first using the V11 but its weight grew on me as my arms eventually grew along from carrying it. Hehehe! Nowadays, I just treat those 15 minute vacuuming sessions as mini workouts for my arms. And yes, I almost always end up just a wee bit hungry right after cleaning the house with it.

Sorry, I forgot to add these earlier:

[ 9 ] The V11 now offers the option for a user replaceable click-in battery. Mine uses the standard screw-in battery which I imagine is just as easy to replace save for the extra step to unscrew it. I did read somewhere that James Dyson promised the Cyclone V10's battery will last 15 years; I'm guessing the same goes for the V11.

[ 10 ] Though they come with a standard 2-year warranty, for what it's worth, I made sure I charged it on my Amex since they offer a Buyer's Assurance® Protection Plan for brand new / non-refurb purchases: this being the free repair period and the coverage given under the manufacturer's original warranty is automatically doubled for up to one additional year... provided the manufacturer's warranty does not exceed five years. You will need approval from Amex before any repairs will be covered. I'm not sure if Amex PH offers something similar but do consider checking with your card issuer just in case.

[ 11 ] For that one gripe by @hitme64, I'd have to agree. But though the Dyson can never compare to the ever reliable walis tambo, I imagine using the latter would be a one time thing when you finally decide to do your general cleaning. After having scooped up all the dust and grime that's been there since forever, the V11 can take over moving forward. They complement each other I'd say.

[ 12 ] One last thing and I didn't know this was an exclusive offer for Dyson registered owners until the cs rep mentioned it: Once you've purchased a Dyson product (I wasn't sure if that meant ANY but I got my pet maltese and wife a Dyson Supersonic hair dryer before the V11), it I think entitles you to 25% off for life, if not during a specifed but lengthy 3 month promo period almost, if not every year. This offer excludes Dyson 360 Eye Robot, Dyson Airblade, Dyson engineered tools, parts, accessories, and refurbished machines. They're pretty generous here I noticed. So please check with Dyson PH for something similar.

ronjet, isaak and docjbr like this.
  18. isaak

isaak Active Member

In the upcoming Lazada sale, price difference between the V8 and the Timeco is 3,251. Would you say the Timeco is still the better buy? Thanks!

19. makinao

makinao Active Member

We got tired of dust bunnies that fly away when you sweep, and long hair that refuses to cooperate with brooms. So we got a Mi Handheld Vacuum last month, and a newly arrived Mi Mop Pro 2 days ago. Life is sweet :)

hitme64, ronjet and Sunil_K like this.
  20. docjbr

Finally snagged the Dyson V11 Absolute at the Lazada Sale, plus additional 15 off for BDO cardholders. Gift for the wife’s birthday:ROFLMAO:

pepspeps, hitme64 and Dekra like this.