Vacuum Cleaner Thread

Discussion in 'General OT' started by yehey9, Feb 16, 2014.

1. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

The Dyson V11 is tops with eliminating pet hair, and we have lots of pets. Five dogs and four birds. And someone shedding hair at home a lot. That should do it for them.

2. jmrtlara

jmrtlara Member

I too have 2 24/7 shedding pets at home and been wanting to get a Dyson. Until I saw a copycat on Lazada. It's called Dibea. It's nice. Works. :D

hitme64 likes this.
  3. 4p0se

4p0se Well-Known Member

How much for that copycat (trying hard :D)?

4. Ghibli

Ghibli PhilMUG Addict Member

I have been using the Miele S7580 for 6 years since I had bought this from Dubai. Still works flawlessly and gets the job done. It uses a closed bag system in which I simply dispose the bag once it is full. No cleaning of canisters required.

[​IMG]
    Can never go wrong with Miele.

Theus likes this.
  5. hitme64

6. hitme64

Anker just emailed their Eufy Robovac 35c So what do you think?
    6FC7BAC5-FA7D-47D7-9F5D-70EF1F041A6A.png

7. loko__loko

loko__loko Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

hitme64 likes this.
  8. jmrtlara

jmrtlara Member

It's only Php5,500+ ;)

It works until now no issues, 5 months and counting.

I really liked the LED lights on the motor brush exposing all the dirt.

9. Aargh

Aargh PhilMUG Addict Member

Where can we buy this locally?

10. hitme64

The Roborock S6 demo at the Mi Store was captivating but not entirely a gauge of its effectiveness in dealing with dirt and dust, though it showed better results in “wet conditions,” something needed when you have a furry pet at home. That said, it’s a toss-up between S6 and Eufy Robovac 35c, but the lack of site mapping and mopping on the latter may just be the answer to getting the Roborock.

11. wem272

wem272 Active Member

i have the s5 for more than 6 months now. Was so impressed with it that it runs everyday on schedule. It would fill up around every 2 weeks. The only downside was when it roamed into the shower area, the only time i figured out it did was when i opened the bin and it was wet and stinky. Other than that experience, I would highly recommend the xiaomi unit.

hitme64 and gaol like this.
  12. xthine

xthine PhilMUG Addict Member

Hello! I’ve had the v11 for a while now and I’m pleased with it. I don’t use any of my other 2 vacuum cleaners anymore.
    It’s light, very maneuverable and the suction is powerful. It picks up the cat litter without any problems. Battery life hasn’t been an issue. My only gripe so far is the small bin that has to be emptied quite a few times in one session. I haven’t used all the attachments yet, mainly use the direct drive head and the crevice tool.

Unfortunately the main attachment i use Has cracks on both sides. Don’t know how it happened , our Jack Russell likes to nip at the vacuum but I don’t see how that can cause cracks. Emailed support, we’ll see what they say.

2F98B052-AECA-4596-A6BE-FC926FCA9D25.jpeg

UPDATE —- this was their reply “It's my pleasure to assist you today. Based off the pictures this would be considered wear and tear or accidental damage which is not covered under warranty. Sorry for the inconvenience.”

At least they got back to me quick.

#92 xthine, Jul 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  13. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

^yes, based on my experience with Dyson... physical damage is not covered by warranty

I find it annoying that the dirt cup gets easily scratched when vacuuming sand.

14. hitme64

^Not only sand, it gets scuffed and scratched easily when bumped to table legs and cabinets. Like @xthine said, it fills up the bin fast so you have to empty it again and again. It can suck the soul out of dirt but its a bitch to empty out.

15. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

So the V11 is available na at True Value. The V10 is on sale though, 10,000 cheaper, but with less attachments. Decisions, decisions...

16. loko__loko

im not sure w/ s5.. but s6 has zoning..

17. wem272

wem272 Active Member

s5 also has zoning thru the app. Its probably useful to some people but not to me. One thing I have found annoying is cleaning of the filter. I tried washing it but that's a no no. Brushing it leaves it still dirty so im thinking I may have to replace the filter entirely.

18. hitme64

^That so? Hmmm I haven’t cleaned mine yet so I’ll see how to do it. And I’ll ask my wife she knows everything.

Twice vacuum cleaned this week in less than 22 minutes for a 56sq.m condo. Not bad, considering even the dog hair was picked up, though slightly heavier items took some time like loose change and my wife’s hair.

19. loko__loko

bought those at lazada

20. gaol

gaol PhilMUG Addict Member

What version do the Mi retail stores have, S5 or S6? Did you get your S6 from them? Thanks!