Vacuum Cleaner Thread

Discussion in 'General OT' started by yehey9, Feb 16, 2014.

1. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

It's the cover making a weird sound... I've seen online videos that recommends to just have it removed... But 99% of the time, my vacuum cleans when no one is in the house, So its not a big deal.

Personally, I use my robo-vac to clean the floor/carpet every day. Sucks hair/dust and small things on the floor. You still need a bigger vacuum (Dyson V8 for me) for that once a week sweeping... An even bigger one for the mattress/sofa

Even if you have lots of furniture, as long as the vacuum can fit under or around it, then you're fine.

hitme64 likes this.
  2. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

Now Im intrigued with the Dyson V11. Isn’t there an ongoing promo for it?

3. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

I have three suckers:
    Papa Bear – Shop Vac, for heavier duty wet and dry jobs; I've even used it to suck out some minor indoor flooding!
    Mama Bear – Roomba iRobot, for light, but daily care
    Baby Bear – Dyson V8, gets all the toys (aka accessories)

Baby Bear is now 3+ years old but still loveable.

* Accessories, accessories, accessories :) I especially like the animal accessory; gives my golden retriever a nice scratch/massage, while sucking loose hair (fills up an entire v8 canister!)
    * Wash and dry the filter regularly; dispose and replace eventually (I bought third-party Dyson-compatible filters from Amazon)
    * My vac hack: after emptying a vac can, vacuum a small amount of scented detergent powder so that the exhaust smells good. Otherwise, you'd be smelling whatever scent stuck to the filter—you don't want that smell to overpower your breakfast longganisa aftertaste. :)

Sunil_K, raypin and hitme64 like this.
  4. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

I do that with my big-ass vacuum but use liquid freshener instead. Lemon scented to be exact. Even the dogs love it; they can’t get enough licking the vac snout.

5. macfrancis

macfrancis Member

Available in Lazada.

6. darkgreen

darkgreen Active Member

I have the Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute and Xiaomi Smart Robot Vacuum. I've been using them for a couple of months now and i'm very satisfied.

7. loko__loko

loko__loko Well-Known Member

any demo units to see and test?

8. ice

Played with it at Tangs... Really nice, package includes 2 heads (brush and foam)

9. macfrancis

macfrancis Member

You can visit ANKER SHOP @ SM Megamall Cyberzone, they got a live unit there.

They also got a wireless camera similar to Arlo ( no wires, battery charge for 365 days) plus it includes door sensors.

No need to buy smart devices in US they can match US pricing once they open their NIFTY STORE @ 4/ F fashion mall near Cyberzone.

They might bring security doorbell cameras.

#69 macfrancis, Jun 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    hitme64 and loko__loko like this.
  10. loko__loko

there's Anker shop at Promenade... will check if they have there... thanks

hitme64 likes this.
  11. hitme64

This one looks convincing enough. And much, much cheaper than the Dyson V11. Look it’s even powered by Dyson technology.
    C6E0C4C0-E85E-42C0-9BC4-E44BDCC07040.png

12. Hero33

Hero33 PhilMUG Addict Member

Yup true value 6 months

13. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...got curious. If this is the wireless camera from Anker:

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/anker-eufycam,review-6126.html

Rating 2/5.....and I checked the price. Usd 500 for three wireless cameras plus base station. That is expensive considering.........the Arlo Pro 2 is on sale in Amazon (delivery to PH) and cost just a little bit more than the Anker Eufy.

#73 raypin, Jun 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
    hitme64 likes this.
  14. hitme64

A popular YouTuber just posted his review of the Xiaomi iRobot vacuum and it wasn’t glowing. For one, it didn’t clean out the areas around his chairs and tables after bumping into them. Two, it stopped moving after hitting a medium-pile rug by the bathroom. Third, it conked out in the middle of its workout, presumably for lack of power after just 20 minutes runtime.

Verdict: while inexpensive compared to the Roomba, it’s still way below standards in its ability to do what the Roomba can do.

raypin likes this.
  15. loko__loko

possible to post the link? thanks

16. ice

1 major difference between Roomba and Xiaomi

Roomba (I remember Samsung and LG having the same feature) has a sensor which tells the vaccum to go back to the spot if its not yet clean...
    Xiaomi will make 2 passes and move on to the next, regardless if the spot is clean or not.

But you can buy 3 Xiaomi Gen 1s for the price of a Roomba.

Other similar priced vacuums cannot be controlled by your phone or doesn't sell replacement parts.

hitme64 likes this.
  17. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...yes but it is not just about price but durability. Which would you rather have: a mercedes or a mahindra?

hitme64 likes this.
  18. ice

^I haven't had issues with my Xiaomi... I don't even maintain it (app will tell you when its time, I just press "done" all the time)

Although... Xiaomi is Chinese... Someone in China has a map of my house and knows that no one is around...

raypin and potpot2 like this.
  19. hitme64

His contents’ been gone or deleted for a while but he goes by the name Swiggly (or Snuggly), anyway here’s that Internal Error issue with the Xiaomi...and a host of other issues

20. Hero33

Hero33 PhilMUG Addict Member

We had a roomba and it died after a month. Maybe it’s more used to cleaning 50-100 sqm places versus 2,000 lol