Vacuum Cleaner Thread

Discussion in 'General OT' started by yehey9, Feb 16, 2014.

1. yehey9

yehey9 Well-Known Member

There is an existing thread about vacuum cleaners at http://www.philmug.ph/forum/f88/vacuum-cleaner-36085/ but its locked, I think..

So, whats your vacuum cleaner? what brand to look for, what brand to stay away from? inexpensive replacement filter

currently on the local market for some good heavy duty vacuum cleaner. At Ace Hardware, available good brands are Ridgid(made in China), Nilfisk(made in EU), and Karcher(portugal? i cant remember anymore).

also, Where to buy | Dyson.ph looks like dyson is locally available now.

2. xthine

xthine PhilMUG Addict Member

I used to buy vacuum cleaners every year and was never satisfied with the quality, performance until I got the Dyson DC41 animal.
    I've had the DC41 Animal for three years now and it still works as well as the first day I got it. It works on multiple surfaces, long reach, lightweight given its size, very easy to maneuver and clean. The newer release has a redesigned tangle free turbine tool.
    I would say it does the very job well, especially with animal fur (cat fur yes but the cactus needle like fur of our Jack Russell is a challenge).
    The filters are reusable so I just wash them every few months. Mine is just for home use.
    * Didnt realize you were looking for a heavy duty vacuum cleaner. Not sure if Dyson has heavy duty ones.

#2 xthine, Feb 16, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  3. piedad

piedad Well-Known Member

Water-based vacuum for me. If you can afford, the Rainbow will last you lots of years. If you have limited budget, Karcher has one which uses only water filtration at P25k (sulit distributor). You can go lower and get a Aowa one for P10k.... but may not be as reliable as the others above.

Why water filtration? Constant strong suction power, no dust put back to the atmosphere.

4. yehey9

yehey9 Well-Known Member

ohh, I'm looking for home use, I just said heavy duty because it has to last years. like you said, you used to buy vacuum every year. hmmm.. i just hope we can afford a dyson.

water based vacuum is interesting, I used to dump the dust of our "turbo tiger" into a pail of water so as to not put dust back into the air.

5. gpo74

gpo74 Well-Known Member

using rainbow for home use for 6-7 years now. happy with the product. only sent it in for internal cleaning

6. glennba27

glennba27 Active Member

I'm using ShopVac wet/dry vacuum cleaner. Still doing fine. :)

7. morrissey_05

morrissey_05 Member

ShopVac for me too. good for the workshop I am building and good enough for home use. Got it at a good price in Binondo.

8. bugeye

bugeye Member

ShopVac user too. Just the right size for home use and storage. Only downside is that it uses the disposable paper filter/bag for dry vacuum duty.

9. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

^shopvac user as well. does it really blow warm air out? sumasama kasi alikabok pag buga! :(

10. yehey9

yehey9 Well-Known Member

how much is that disposable paper filter? does it also have a cloth filter?

maybe you need to replace the filter? or as gpo74 said...
    ...maybe you need to send it for internal cleaning(im under the impression that vacuum cleaners, like cars, need tuneups once in a while..)

11. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

I'm also planning to buy a vacuum for my wife...

Anyone tried using Robotic Types?

[​IMG]

I'm planning to start with a low end one then just purchase a better one later if it works as advertised.

12. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

mmm.....not a fan of vacuuming so to minimize that odious task: I weatherstripped the entire house. Every window and door are properly sealed against pests and dust. I use Shopvac as well (I like the disposable filter bag) and a CDR King mini-vacuum for small clean-ups.

13. crazy_boy

crazy_boy Member

^how did you weatherstrip your windows? I have sliding windows in our house and would also want to seal it so less duct can enter via the window.

14. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

mmm....I used Raven weather stripping products (Ace or True Value). They make a wide variety of products in different configurations and sizes, including those for sliding doors and windows. You should eliminate air drafts (a windy day will help you identify where the problem lies). The weather strip is deployed around the window frame. You know it is sealed when it won't budge anymore. Raven product selector: http://www.raven.com.au/domino/raven/ravenweb.nsf/html-v/Choosing the Correct Seals

15. macxchange

macxchange Well-Known Member

Hyla would be my best bet. It traps dirts and dust on water so that clean air passes through. Good for people with allergic rhinitis.

[​IMG]

16. panis

panis Well-Known Member

I am reviving this thread. I need a vacuum cleaner for both dry and wet (preferable emits steam) cleaning. Recommendations?

17. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

Same here, Dyson seems to be great, but would like to hear more feedback, too.

18. yammie

yammie Member

how much would this cost?

19. scubadiverdaw

scubadiverdaw Member

Check out www.powr-flite.com from the USA - they have 5 , 15 and 20 gallon wet and dry vacuums. Ahhhm we are the philippine distributor so i guess this is called shameless plugging. please remove this post mods if this is not allowed.

20. Chito Limson

Chito Limson Unfrozen…
    Staff Member

We'll let this slide this time, Allan. After all, it's a direct response to Benjie's query.