USB-C Hub Recommendations

Discussion in 'Apple Accessories & Peripherals' started by Shiara21, Mar 25, 2017.

1. cyberathlete

cyberathlete Well-Known Member

Ended up buying an Apple USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter since it was getting frustrating disconnecting cables from the Casa Hub when I go to a meeting (plus I need to bring my own HDMI cable as most laptops at work use VGA).

I've now semi-permanently mounted the Casa Hub to my laptop stand, connected to a LAN cable, HDMI monitor, USB-C charger, and USB 2.0 hub which is connected to an Apple wired keyboard and USB DAC amp. All those accessories connected to my mac via a tiny USB-C port. No issues whatsoever. No issues as well with the Apple adapter.

2. clariego

clariego Member

Pulled the trigger on getting this USB-C hub in Amazn. Roughly around 2k php. Thanks everyone for your inputs

Attached Files:

3. manager

manager Active Member

Please review. Also considering this.

4. Ejaxene

Ejaxene Well-Known Member

IMG_4338.JPG

Ordered these from AliExpress (also available from Amazon---I checked). Brand is QacQoc. Picked this brand as the other ones are not aluminium. Didn't want everything in one hub so I ordered two... 7 port hub and a separate hub for ethernet and 3 USB 3.0 ports

I live in New Zealand and it got delivered through a local courier so I am happy with the local fulfilment---was expecting delivery from the US!

5. iSk8er

iSk8er Member

Does the cable-less USB C dongles like this HyperDrive also affect 2.4Ghz Wifi connection for the latest Macbook Pro?

6. extremeshot

extremeshot PhilMUG Addict Member

I use the Asus Universal dock as my fixed hub on my desk. This works as my power source (it comes with a power brick), secondary display, wired LAN, and USB hub (for printers, external drives, etc...). Very convenient since I just plug in one cable and I'm all set - no need to bring out my MBP's power adapter.

[​IMG]

But I have the Hyperdrive on my laptop bag all the time as my portable, on-the-go hub.
    [​IMG]

#46 extremeshot, Jul 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  7. gpo74

gpo74 Well-Known Member

Is the asus available here in M.M.? how much does it cost?

8. jologs

jologs Member

I just found out that my Anker USB 3.0 Type-C hub is somehow interfering with my AW unlocking my MBP. :rolleyes:

9. extremeshot

extremeshot PhilMUG Addict Member

I don't believe it's available locally. I had a friend buy it from Australia.

gpo74 likes this.
  10. gpo74

gpo74 Well-Known Member

Thanks. ill have my friend find me one

11. tonedeaf

tonedeaf Active Member

Any new recommendations?

12. clariego

clariego Member

This is a long overdue review. It's working fine except when I plug in my MBP charger on the USB-C HUB and had it unplug after charging my mac, the devices that are plugged in the hub such as my Logitech mouse. So I have to replug it and then it's working fine again, kinda annoying

manager likes this.
  13. gpo74

gpo74 Well-Known Member

14. jologs

jologs Member

Is there such a thing as a USB 3.1 Gen 2 hub with all type-C ports?

15. loko__loko

loko__loko Active Member

Saw one at abacus vmall. i dont like the fit. not sure if satechi and hyper fit like that

Attached Files:

16. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Active Member