US Apple Support experience

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by Reggie, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Reggie

Reggie Member

I purchased a second hand 15" 2.6 Ghz MBP about a year ago from a professional photographer here in the US. It had an extended AppleCare with it so I thought it was a good deal. This weekend, the video just died. I can hear it boot up, I can login, keyboard lights up, etc but no display.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my experience with Apple:

• Monday 6pm: called support, asked to reset SMC, PRAM, which I said I aleady did. She asked for my zip code and after seeing that the nearest Apple Store is 3.5 hours away, she said thy she will send a box so I can send in my MBP. I was told to expect it in 2-3 business days.
    • Tuesday 5:30pm: when I got home, FedEx has delivered the box. I opened it and it came with instructions, foam packaging which you have to remove some so the MBP woul fit snugly, white antistatic bag that you need to place the MBP into, and even tape to seal the box. Once you seal the box, you just need to tear off the top layer if the FedEx label revealing a priority overnight return label underneath going to Houston, TX. It was still before 8pm so I thought I can still drop off the box at FedEx.
    • Wednesday 9am: received an email from Apple that they got the box already and they will start the repair. A link was provided in the email so you can track the status. Just before lunch, I checked the status and it said it was done and was pending return. About 6pm, I received another email saying that the service request is complete with a link to a FedEx tracking number so I can track it. Clicking on the tracking number showed that it was shipping again via priority overnight and to expect it by 10:30am the next day.
    • Thursday 10am: today I got back my MBP. A printout with all my MBP's specs is included along with what was changed - Logic Board - no video.

I'm quite surprised and of course happy with Apple's customer service. I've read that their customer service is rated #1 but you won't really appreciate it until you experience it. :D

Anyway, just thought I would share this.

Kudos Apple!

2. natsgo

natsgo Well-Known Member

Now that's what I call service!
    Fast and efficient.

Thanks for sharing.

3. noelgarcia

noelgarcia Member

does this service apply here in ph?

4. jaijin

jaijin Well-Known Member

I guess not. Took my order three weeks to process, but when the part came, took only two hours to finish.

5. natsgo

natsgo Well-Known Member

Apple has no stores and service centers in the Philippines.
    What we have are Authorized Resellers and Authorized Service Providers.

If ever the AASPs will decide to provide a mail-in/mail-back service, they will have to shoulder the cost.

6. lawrencebosox45

lawrencebosox45 Active Member

I've done 3 repairs to my old blackbook (Case cracked, swollen battery syndrome, and blue tooth issues).

the first two issues I had repaired at an applestore in NYC, and the last I decided to try out the fedex box thing.

the instore repairs took about 2-3 days to finish.

the fed ex box thing... one day! after receiving the box in the morning i packed it up and luckily saw a fedex van come around the block an hour later. it was sent off and I received it the next morning. they ended up replacing the blue tooth unit and fans and sent it out that very day.

funny thing was is that i didn't even expect it to be that fast and took mini vacation (over night) to watch a cold play concert.

So my computer was waiting for me at home when I got back. But I assumed it was a fedex for my wife and it sat in my house for a whole day LOL. so when I asked my wife "why is that package sitting in our hallway? aren't you going to open it? what did you order?"

LOL the repair was TOO fast even for my assumptions.

7. mikesaba8

mikesaba8 Member

cool...wish it was like here too

8. omphs_xxxx

omphs_xxxx Member

Apple service thru authorized service center no good experience.

9. rjsant5

rjsant5 Member

Nice story.

We all wish that we can experience this type of service in most of our authorized service centers here locally. The closest to the quality of the US apple support service I think is the service of DH. :)

10. shadowfax

shadowfax Member

this is something we all wish for... :) a good, efficient, swift service...

11. lesterjune

lesterjune Member

Would like to share this story I read from macdailynews today :)

My wonderful experience with Apple today
    http://macdailynews.com/2011/09/25/my-wonderful-experience-with-apple-today/

MacDailyNews reader “Lynnw” sent us an email this morning that’s too good not to share:

I have had a hardware issue recently with my original iPad 3G. I called Apple recently and they tried to assist me with the problem. I telephoned them again this afternoon because I discovered my warranty was going to run out on Monday. The problem I had was with the input area, it was slow.

Anyway, I spoke with a senior technical advisor and he didn’t want me to go to the trouble of going to an Apple Store or having to wait for another device because I am visually impaired… big time. He said hang on and you should receive a call from Apple.

Within an hour they were calling to inform me that they were shipping me a brand new iPad 2 3G and to simply sign the agreement so they could send me a box for the one I presently have. They’re shipping the new one first so I am not without one in the meantime. and email my John Hancock and they would ship out the device to me tomorrow. They asked if I wanted white or black, I said white and sure enough the guy confirmed that they would be sending me a white one.

I am sitting shell shocked from the kindness this agent and Apple in general has shown me, never mind grateful. What a company and I am so impressed. My husband nearly fell off his chair! I kid you not!

Amazing!

12. hungryalien

hungryalien Active Member

how i wish we will have our very own apple store here in manila.. hong kong already got their's and maybe one day we will too :)

the technicians from digital hub and istudio are all very nice and friendly. too bad they cant make decisions like what the real apple store can.

or maybe the customer/after-sales service in the US is really much better than typical asian market?

13. Colossus1973

Colossus1973 Active Member

Westchester County, Salem Center, New York
    I think the after sales service is much better in the US than here in the Philippines.