Upgrade to Lion for Laptops bought June 2011

Discussion in 'Digital Hub' started by porlarr, Jul 24, 2011.

1. porlarr

porlarr New Member

Hi,

Does anyone here have already requested for a free upgrade from Digital Hub? I understand laptops purchased early June onwards are eligible for an upgrade. Although I'm not sure how the process goes.

2. Adel

Adel Moderator
    Staff Member

Here.

3. Gelatinx

Gelatinx Member

My friend wasn't able to wait for the redemption code, and in his excitement went straight to the Mac App Store and clicked to download, he thought there would be a popup window to verify his credit card info but instead it went straight to download lion.

Question is, would he still be able to get a refund, since his MBP is eligible for the up-to-date program?

4. jaijin

jaijin Well-Known Member

I doubt it. What he can do, is sell me the redemption code. :p

5. porlarr

porlarr New Member

Thank you sir! I noticed the link took me to the US Apple store. Can I request here even if I bought my unit locally?

6. monak47

monak47 Member

I've been waiting for the redemption code for almost 3 days now, hope they send it soon... T___T

7. natsgo

natsgo Well-Known Member

www.apple.com/asia/macosx/uptodate

After you process the up-to-date promo, the last page has the redemption code.

8. KiDKUMAG

KiDKUMAG Member

While following the above link, I have learned that my currently purchased MBP is qualified for the said free update.

Sorry for the following question. And thanks in advance for helping. :)

Does redeeming the free up-to-date program needs my credit card details?

By the way, my iTunes account (US account) was created without using a credit card.

Am I at the correct path?
    [​IMG]

EDIT, so i found out that is indeed absolutely free.

Another question:

What is this error that I am getting?

[​IMG]

EDIT:
    I am now trying to do Software Update. Hope this helps.

#8 KiDKUMAG, Jul 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  9. monak47

monak47 Member

I did the alternative way for those who can't redeem using the itunes account. Since I don't have a credit card, that was my only option... T_T

10. je_letranknights

I'm on the last part na kaso mo yung cc ko out of balance. haist. need to request for additional credit limit first.

11. Dethro

Dethro Member

Same question..

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

12. je_letranknights

is the redemption code the same as the order number?? I tried to use it but I got an error message saying that it was not valid.. .

sorry for asking, but I got to this page so far:

Electronically Delivered
    Product / Part No.
    Unit Price

Qty

Ext. Price
    LION CLIENT UTD FULFILL-INT
    MD202Z/A

₱0.00

₱0.00

SubTotal: ₱0.00
    Tax: ₱0.00
    Shipping Charge: ₱0.00
    Total: ₱0.00

and the information for my billing/mailing address were provided. is this mean that Apple will going to ship my lion OSx perhaps in a thumbdrive or disc?? ? or there should be an e-mail send to me with the redemption code then I need to download it to my mbp.

13. Gelatinx

Gelatinx Member

It's different from the order number, Look for something that says, Your Mac Lion OS Content code (or something like that) :) hth

14. je_letranknights

thanks! now I know. just had few more question since I'm still confused or maybe I'm misinterpret the e-mail/s I'm receiving. after I received the content code from Apple, I then received the Apple Billing or the E-invoice. Is this mean that's only an official receipt and the Lion OSx will not be deliver to my doorsteps? (because on the invoice, my address was indicated on the shipping to field).

I thought I escaped the 4gig download. lols! thanks thanks sir. Cheers!

15. Gelatinx

Gelatinx Member

@je_letranknights: nope, no delivery. The 4gb download is your copy. You can burn it in a dvd or save it in a usb drive.

Btw, i'm not a sir ;)

UPDATE: my friend called Apple and gave him an email address to make his refund request. He now has his redemption code and his refund will be processed within the week. :D

16. teachertwish

teachertwish Active Member

Sadly, it will not be mailed to you. :(

Go to the Mac App Store, click on the Lion OSX and install. A window will pop up and will ask you for details. Somewhere on the page, you can put in your Mac OSX Lion Content Code you received. Sorry this is as much as I could remember when I claimed mine. :)

Cheers!

17. je_letranknights

18. iskotheman

iskotheman Member

I have the same situation. I was eligible for a free upgrade and was able to get the redemption code but when I accessed the itunes store, I accidentally clicked purchase instead of redeem and my credit card was charged with $29.99.

What I did was call Apple and they guide me on how to do the refund process by emailing to itunes. Yesterday, I received an email from Apple telling me that they will process my refund in 5 to 7 business days.

19. nouvomx

nouvomx Member

how does that refund works, gets back to your credit card or will it be a balance in your mac appstore/itunes account

20. je_letranknights

I was able to redeem the free upgrade and went thru downloading process. however, it was stopped due to bad connection. the lion OSx update was also gone from my icons. I tried to repeat the steps by inputting the content code but I got an error message saying that "the code has already been used". I checked my download folder but there was no lion OSx there =( any help? thanks thanks

#20 je_letranknights, Jul 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2011