Upcoming Cars

Discussion in 'General OT' started by bribri, Jan 12, 2011.

1. teamjm

teamjm Well-Known Member

Re: Upcoming Cars

Just like the 2006-2011 Camry, we skipped that generation. It was back to being sporty and looking stylish.
    [​IMG]

I guess if Toyota sticks to this current design for the next few years then we might end up using this for a longgg time.

2. sandybridge_guy

sandybridge_guy PhilMUG Addict Member

Maybe because I'm seeing alot of Camrys here in the sense that I forgot that it has the 'executive' look here in the PH. Here, it's just plain jane midsize. Even an Accord looks better here than the Camry.

The plethora of midsize cars here overwhelms the buyer which one to get. Think K900, Genesis, Avalon, Accord, Camry, Mazda 6 to name a few JDM/KDM brands. LS460s, 5-series, E-class and even the GM brands are very widespread too.

3. marcosamson

marcosamson Member

Also, Mazda PHils. is very strict in their free PMS. You miss it even for just a day, most often than not, you have to pay for that PMS and if any when a warranty issue comes up, it will be hard to claim warranty for the said car because they will cite the missed and or delayed PMS...

4. rage30

rage30 Member

Does anybody know if a new toyota grandia hi ace will be coming out this year?

5. fink

fink Member

Can anyone share a personal review for current RAV4 G 2WD? My sister plans to buy one soon, and I'm trying to dissuade her. It reminds me of an avanza

6. ohwtfitzsean

ohwtfitzsean Active Member

We have our PMS(Yojin-3) at Mazda Pasig and they usually contact us(text) when the date is near so we can reserve our preferred schedule. So far we haven't missed a free PMS. :)

7. mda

mda Member

Nothing wrong with the RAV4 except you should look at the CRV too.

Probably closer to a sedan (even sharing the same engine and transmission as the Camry), I doubt it rides anything like an Avanza.

8. ArkiJan

ArkiJan Well-Known Member

Was about to get the Ford Ranger Wildtrak 2.2AT but a friend of mine said Ford will be releasing soon the 2015 new model... Anyone knows when?

9. marcosamson

marcosamson Member

heard thru the grapevine, the all-new everest wilk be launched. probably not a long time after that would be the launching of the upgrade of the all-new ranger...

10. Martin

Martin Member

I would suggest that she do a test drive to find the things she likes and may not like.

My personal review:
    I rode in my uncle's RAV4 and here are some things I

Like: nice legroom for passengers

Disliked:

Trunk space is very tight for it's class due to the elevated cargo floor
    If you're driving, the visibility can get quite bad since you can't see the front

Could be little things, but can be deal breakers

Try looking at the CRV too. I drive one and it performs well. :)

HTH!

11. potpot2

potpot2 PhilMUG Addict Member

Guys, i am interested in getting the ecosport titanium automatic for my daughter, but is the problem with the transmission real? Because i keep reading about it?
    Can you guys share your experience with your ecosport titanium automatic?
    Thanks

12. trevayneski

trevayneski Member

13. mda

mda Member

IMHO: Where there's smoke, there's fire.

The fact that you've heard/read it from more than one person suggests its more of a design flaw than a one-off issue, especially since what we are dealing with is the exact same symptom/part/problem. Of course, not all units will be affected, but I'd rather not be the one with the issue in my car, begging the dealership to replace it instead of forking out 200K.

Bendgate, atennagate or gapgate (for android) is one thing because these are all niggles at worst, but a car's transmission is another entirely (what use is a car if it won't run?). If I had P1M to spend, I'm definitely not risking my money on a car less than 5 years old but already has several documented issues with its drivetrain. Yep, think of your daughter stranded somewhere. Isn't that what you want to avoid by giving her a car?

What doesn't help is that these car dealers are often uninformed, or willfully deceive customers ("naayos na po yung problema!") and can sometimes act as shady as our government when dealing with warranties and backjobs.

Of course, there may be hundreds of other happy owners for every ten with the issue, but I won't be able to sleep at night knowing my car can act up at the worst of times especially if someone like my mom were to drive it.

One can argue that unhappy owners are most often the loudest -- but how often do you hear this about a Corolla?

Note/Edit: If you haven't already, read up about the Fiesta DCT/Automatic transmission issues. The engine/transmission combo is the same and so are the complaints about it.

14. a9828

a9828 Member

the ecosport should be a good choice maybe if you're getting the manual; the automatic though has reported issues which might be a headache for you later on. the fiesta has this issue as well (and they're sharing the same innards, basically).

also, consider that if you intend to keep the unit for a long time, this is still a subcompact (comfort issue). take a look at the mitsubushi asx as it's being mentioned as a good alternative to the ecosport; the newer releases have shown much better fuel efficiency. for similar pricing though, the safe choices are still there: city, jazz, altis g, yaris (not vios as malakas daw sa gas).

if gas consumption is a factor, look at the mirage sedan as well. we have one as a second car and it's like first gen honda jazz fuel efficiency all over again.

15. trevayneski

trevayneski Member

+1 on the mirage's fuel consumption. but the mirage should only be relegated as a second car, imho. i'm still a bit skeptical about the longevity of those 3-cylinder engines.

16. mda

mda Member

Yep. I forgot to add to my first post is that -- if you're hell bent on the Ecosport, just get the Manual.

17. itnetad

itnetad Active Member

18. potpot2

potpot2 PhilMUG Addict Member

Upcoming Cars

Thanks for all your inputs

19. sandybridge_guy

sandybridge_guy PhilMUG Addict Member

2016 Mazda MX-5 Priced from $25,735

Notable features:

2.0-liter four-cylinder engine
    155 hp
    148 lb-ft of torque
    6-speed manual transmission
    Curb weight at 2,332 lbs
    LED headlights
    USB audio input
    Bluetooth phone
    audio streaming
    a leather-wrapped shift knob
    power door locks.

20. Chito Limson

Chito Limson Unfrozen…
    Staff Member

What's with all these gaping maws? I'm not pleased.

IMO, the only cars that have executed this design well are the Audis and the Chrysler 300C. These samples are simply fugly.

[​IMG]