Upcoming Cars

Discussion in 'General OT' started by bribri, Jan 12, 2011.

1. marky2115

marky2115 Active Member

Design looks great! Though I don't like gloss/piano black trims on the interior. Also, I don't understand Japanese automakers why they cannot release cars locally with infotainment system as good as the Koreans. I really hate the sluggish UI (and outdated hardware specs) of my 5th gen Honda CR-V's infotainment system.

2. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

You're not alone... I also hate my City's AVT system.

Hopefully my wife approves my application to have it replaced once my car's warranty is over.

3. ice

Yup... all about driving style. Not sure if I posted it here (or on another forum)

But 1 reason why I decided NOT to get a Mirage (as a daily driver) is that it gave me 7km/l on a highway!
    GLS CVT. The car was a rental and I needed it for a 4 day trip (Laguna->Subic->Angeles->Laguna, I crossed EDSA during off-peak hours)
    4 adults + luggage. I was also trying to keep up with an Altis and an Almera.

During my school days, I was averaging 6km/l on a E100 (Corolla) XE (weekdays, Novaliches to Manila)

It's really unfair to judge a car's mileage in our local traffic.

If you really want a car that will give you excellent mileage in Metro Manila traffic... Better get a Prius, Corolla Altis Hybrid or Corolla Cross Hybrid

Based on my short experience testing out hybrids from Toyota, Honda and Chinese manufacturers. Toyota's set-up is best for traffic.

4. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

5. Don Pao

Don Pao Well-Known Member

Looks like a Merc infotainment + Speedometer, NICE! we have a good experience with Kia Sportage my father in law has 1 2014 model still alive and never gave problems just the usual PMS .

@marky2115 do you notice when using your car play Delayed ang GPS? this is one of my problems with my 5th gen crv. Drives great and awesome fuel consumption, But after owning it for 2 years i had 3 parts replaced under-warranty and 1 pending on my next PMS and i find the plastics inside maingay squeaking.

6. marky2115

marky2115 Active Member

^My mobile phone is an Android phone so I don't have experience using CarPlay on the current CR-V. Also, I'm using Honda Hack on the infotainment system so I was able to install an older, compatible version of Waze in it. The CR-V's GPS is delayed for a few seconds to a couple of minutes after launching Waze but this depends on where I parked (covered or open) or how long the car was off. My plan is to install Joying Android head unit (I'm not an audiophile) after the car's warranty expires this December. It has CAN-bus harness with decoder (not sure what the term is) so I think all CR-V settings would work.

Don Pao likes this.
  7. ice

8. ice

9. leninmac

Unboxing the Ford F150 Lightning

10. leninmac

Juice, Quest4dgoodlife and gaol like this.
  11. ice

Volkswagen PH planning 2021 launch for Tharu / Taos SUV | Autoindustriya

[​IMG]

Quest4dgoodlife likes this.
  12. Quest4dgoodlife

Quest4dgoodlife Active Member

I hope they launch the current-gen Tiguan and Tiguan AllSpace (it's also produced by SAIC) and the Teramont and Teramont X (Atlas / Atlas Cross Sport in the US). If they do, I think we will see more VW SUV's on the road. This Taos/Tharu size is against the Honda HRV's, Subaru XV (which i feel is overpriced at its segment even if they launch a base model still overpriced), Toyota Cross, etc. so i hope they price it competitively and spec it competitively (as a china car!)

13. ice

14. ice

OT... I just find the video interesting.

15. ice

16. ice