Upcoming Cars

Discussion in 'General OT' started by bribri, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Sabonis

Sabonis Active Member

Thanks. Got it.

Godfather likes this.
  2. julmercado

julmercado Active Member

Hi @Godfather!

I'm currently looking for a replacement for my 4.5 y/o Mazda 3 and I'm leaning towards this segment. I would appreciate if you could send me also your pdf reviews of each? Thank you very much!

Please send it to [email protected]

Godfather likes this.
  3. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

Hi! I sent you some reviews and links.

I very highly recommend the Honda Civic for this segment (compact 4-door sedan). Included my review of it in the email I sent you.

Hope it helps!

rdy0329 likes this.
  4. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

+1 on Civic (1.5T). My love affair with it is still going strong.

Godfather likes this.
  5. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

it is worth the extended warranty for honda civic?

6. Sleepdoc

Sleepdoc Well-Known Member

@Godfather, @rdy0329, do you think it's worth the extra P400k+ difference to upgrade from the civic 1.8E to the 1.5 turbo RS? Also, any news on when/if the 2019 Civic with Honda sensing is coming out? TIA!

Godfather likes this.
  7. ohwtfitzsean

ohwtfitzsean Active Member

can you wait till the new mazda 3 arrives here? I'm sure you enjoyed driving your current mazda 3.

8. rdy0329

Still don't have any problems with my Civic aside from consumables that needed to be changed (batteries)

It is, aside from power (171hp), I'm actually saving gas with this thing and in this day and age of TRAIN law, a little goes a long way. My average mileage is 12km/L and I don't feel guilty hitting the pedal to the metal from time to time. It can be what you want it to be. A family hauler, a Sunday joyride to a cargo transport (folding back seats).

You'll never make up the 400k difference in objective analysis alone though (Leather seats, LED fog lamps, dual zone AC, and the Earth Dreams Engine, different outside garnish). I just gave in to my subjectivity and it's one of my better purchase decision.

In short, It's the perfect balance of being sporty and being practical.

#428 rdy0329, Feb 7, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  9. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

Never got to review the RS, so I'd go by what @rdy0329 said.

I did get to review the Type R though:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Get me this Vuhl Supercar so I can speed shit pass MMDA Enforcer Bong Nebrija in Cubao and disappear somewhere in Greenhills...

On second thought, I might not even pass 60kph with this but what the heck, it’s the ride that counts.

raypin likes this.
  11. rdy0329

2019 Civic is coming this May/June, watch out for it. The best addition is Honda Sensing to battle Subaru's Eye-Sight/i-Sight system. Be prepared to add some versus the current price tag though.

Just came from 2019 MIAS last weekend here's my rundown:

Damn, cheap cars are getting better. Kia/Hyundai's entry-level sedan (Soluto/Reina) starts at the magic 650k price tag and the basics are covered. Splurge a few and you get CarPlay on the TOTL models.

Sa wakas, Subaru's pricing for new Forester and XVs are very competitive (but 2.0 engine only though). I'd get the XV for that small of an engine.

This is also the year of China-manufactured cars. Soluto/Reina is assembled in China,. VW models have shifted from German-import to China import models. MG has a huge selection of cars that suspiciously looks like a Mazda clone (assembled in Shanghai). I get why though, the prices are very low and very competitive for what you get.

On the Luxury side, Range Rover Velar is one hell of a SUV. I was enamored with all the details/tech Land Rover was able to integrate to it. I was also taken aback by the PHP5.5M price tag though. I'm just glad it's finally here.

12. bhoyetjumpay

Honda Philippines releases statement on the facelifted Civic, no words on Honda Sensing.

13. rdy0329

I might have read an article wrong. Thai models have it at launch and I assumed its' the main selling point since design changes are minimal.

14. bhoyetjumpay

maybe honda philippines decided not to include the sensing features because the price will jack up

facelifted rs has 18” rims which i find the older civic rs is much more pogi on 18” rims.

scouting an oem 18” rims came from accord to fit on civic

rdy0329 likes this.
  15. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

16. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

17. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

Heads up folks. MB PH. will be launching the Mercedes Benz GLB200, August 15. From the looks of the specs it looks like a trimmed down version of the GLC or the GLE probably more affordable.

lsalapare, Dekra and Quest4dgoodlife like this.
  18. byt_898

byt_898 Member

Hello - I am eyeing for the current Lexus IS350 (new or used) can anyone please share the current cost of maintenance ie pms, aircon cleaning, after sales, etc in Lexus BGC? Also would you mind sharing the ballpark figure of your car insurance?

Thank you!

Quest4dgoodlife likes this.
  19. Quest4dgoodlife

Quest4dgoodlife Active Member

Will look at the GLB probably 3-4 years down the line. my next purchase would be the 2021 Kia Sorento (6 seater version) or the 2021 Hyundai Sta. Fe. Been hearing good things about the Kia Sorento. Unfortunately, when it reaches our market most features are stripped down.

Initially i was planning for the GLB, due to pandemic it will have to take a backseat at the moment. It's basically slotted to compete against the X1 and Q3 price slots. So north of 3.3M but below 3.9M.

leninmac likes this.
  20. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

Quest4dgoodlife likes this.