Upcoming Cars

Discussion in 'General OT' started by bribri, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

Honda got their sexy back with... well, a sexier back.

[​IMG]

Looks like a fastback or a hatchback. Just gorgeous.

If I didn't already have an Altis... it's like seeing a gorgeous woman who is hot and available, but you're already married.

2. edric_the_dude

edric_the_dude Active Member

Mazda finally is releasing their cars with Skyactiv-D engines.

Got excited about the CX5 but wow! PhP 1,985,000 is really really steep!

Godfather likes this.
  3. Mykolant

Mykolant PhilMUG Addict Member

Between Down Under and the Great White North
    Any feedback on the Honda Mobilio, a 7-seater APV, built on the same platform as the City. Heard that its outselling the Civic.

Will this be a good step-down from the previous model Civic? It's for my senior citizen Mom who's thinking of letting go of her 2009 Civic before maintenance fees go up....

4. Godfather

The Mobilio is currently Honda Phil's bestselling model. It's two steps down from the Civic, since it's based on the Brio.

One step down from the Civic would be the City, although price-wise they're very close.

Mykolant likes this.
  5. edric_the_dude

^Been seeing a lot of them rolling in the streets of the metro. I'm actually kind of liking it. it seems practical and easy to drive

6. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

I wonder is Honda Phl has any plans on releasing the Fit Shuttle...

7. Sunil_K

Sunil_K PhilMUG Addict Member

The Honda Mobilio is quite popular here in India. They have launched a new vehicle called the BR-V. Just read it in the papers today. Looks like a smaller version of the cr-v

Godfather likes this.
  8. porkypork

porkypork Active Member

Had the chance to drive the Mazda 6 diesel last week. Sounds like a diesel engine outside, but not inside. Gotta love the torque on that model. :)

9. redtamayo

redtamayo Well-Known Member

i was able to do extended demo tests on the mazda6 sometime back - on both the petrol and diesel versions, back-to-back for a whole week. i prefer the diesel myself.

to add: if i am driving mostly city with speed below 80kph (80kph should be at least 30 mins) - i'll stick with the petrol model - even if prefer the diesel

#249 redtamayo, May 17, 2016
    Last edited: May 17, 2016
  10. tapnclick1940

tapnclick1940 PhilMUG Addict Member

How is this positioned between the CR-V and the HR-V?

11. edric_the_dude

problem with the Mazda diesel engined cars here that just came is it is too darn expensive. was looking at the CX5 just a but under 2 million is too much

porkypork likes this.
  12. Sunil_K

image.jpeg

Its definitely below the CR-V. Its main competitor is the Hyundai Creta (smaller brother of the santa fe). The price estimate is from Php 650-950T (9 variants - 5 petrol and 4 diesel)

#252 Sunil_K, May 17, 2016
  13. Jsnc

Jsnc Active Member

If I remember correctly, Honda Philippines plans to sell the BR-V late this year. I think it is also below the HR-V.

14. jcsantamarina

jcsantamarina Buzz Ambassador
    Staff Member

@Mykolant ^^this is a good reason to hold off on the Mobilio.. Hehehe..

Godfather and Sunil_K like this.
  15. Godfather

The HR-V is based on the Mobilio platform (which also includes the Brio and Amaze). I hope Honda Phils. really does bring in the BR-V.

Nil, I think it's cheaper there in India because it's manufactured there right? If HCPI imports it, it will probably hover below or around P1M. If so, the HR-V will be in the Ford Ecosport category in terms of size and price.

So to recap:
    The new upcoming CR-V will be a bigger 7-seater SUV.
    The HR-V will become the compact SUV that the CR-V used to be.
    EDIT: The BR-V will become an Ecosport competitor.
    The Pilot has become the mid-sized SUV that is priced to compete with the LC Prado.

Whew. Ang gulo na ng line up ng Honda.

#255 Godfather, May 17, 2016
  16. tapnclick1940

tapnclick1940 PhilMUG Addict Member

Will probably cannibalize the Mobilio if this happens, no?

Godfather likes this.
  17. Sunil_K

Its more expensive here bro.. the taxes the state has imposed since the last 5 years are killer. Every item's price value has gone up by at least 10-20% We bought an entry level altis (manual) early this year and the price was Rs 1.5m (converted to Php its 1.05m)

Godfather likes this.
  18. Mykolant

Mykolant PhilMUG Addict Member

Between Down Under and the Great White North
    ^Thanks for the comments, guys!

Based on what I've read, the Mobilio is a 7-seater MPV, and it shares the same platform as that of the City. Now, the BRV is it's updated sibling from the same platform, and also set up as a 7-seater.

BTW, the BRV means: Bold Runabout Vehicle. What's CRV? Comfortable Runabout Vehicle? What's HRV? Hectic Runabout Vehicle?

The new Civic starts at about P1-million, right? I think the Mobilio is just right (price-wise) as an everyday transport and occasional people/cargo carrier. Nothing too fancy. I wonder about ride height comparo between the Mobilio and BRV.

19. Sunil_K

Honda BR-V vs Honda Mobilio Specifications Comparison

Honda BR-V Honda Mobilio
    Length x Width x Height
    4456x1735x1666 mm 4386x1683x1603 mm
    Kerb Weight -NA- 1246 kg
    Wheel Type and Size 16-inch alloys 15-inch alloys
    Boot Space -NA- 223 litres
    Engine Type/ Displacement 1.5 L Petrol/1.5 L diesel 1.5 L Petrol/1.5 L diesel
    Power 119 bhp/98.6 bhp 118 bhp/99 bhp
    Torque 145 Nm/200 Nm 145 Nm/200 Nm
    Transmission (Gearbox) 5-speed MT/6-speed MT/CVT 5-speed MT/5-speed MT
    Mileage 16 kpl/21.9 kpl 17.3 kpl/24.2 kpl

The BR-V borrows the Mobilio’s engines without much change in specifications. Additionally, Honda is offering the small SUV with a CVT borrowed from the Honda City, but only in the petrol guise. The diesel motor comes with a 6-speed manual and the petrol gets a 6-speed manual as well. There isn’t a significant difference in terms of specifications as both models are powered by the same engines. Which means, the diesel Honda BR-V is the least powerful amongst its direct competitors like the Hyundai Creta and Renault Duster. Also, it will be a little disadvantaged by the lack of a diesel automatic variant. The specifications of the Honda BR-V do little justice to the price premium one will have to pay for the SUV over the Mobilio.

Honda BR-V vs Honda Mobilio – Expert Verdict

Both cars are powered by the same set of engines, offer seven seats and are underpinned by the same platform. The Honda BR-V looks and feels more upmarket than the Mobilio. Then there is the SUV appeal and the added advantage of an optional automatic transmission. However, following the price announcement made by Honda, the BR-V does not make a very strong case for itself, but could still end up poaching Mobilio’s customers.

Design – The BR-V is definitely the better looking of the two with its beefy styling, SUV-ish styling, and improved interiors. However, both models possess that unmistakable MPV silhouette.

Features – Honda offers the BR-V with more features than the Mobilio. However, the facelifted Mobilio, when launched, could get the additional features as well.

Specifications – Apart from the optional CVT, everything else is shared by the two Honda products. The BR-V is be powered by the same 1.5-litre diesel from Honda known for its high NVH and low refinement levels.

Price – The BR-V sits in the 9-13 lacs price bracket making it considerably more expensive than the Mobilio MPV.

Godfather and tapnclick1940 like this.
  20. Godfather

^ Sunil's post answers this question above. And so does this review :

http://www.carblogindia.com/2016-honda-br-v-test-drive-review/

Initially, Honda had plans to bring in the HR-V to India, but these plans were scrapped after a study revealed that they will be unable to keep the costs down enough to stay competitive. Hence, they took the decision to use the Brio’s versatile platform instead and came up with the BR-V. Showcased at the Auto Expo in February, the BR-V has been positioned above the Mobilio with a starting price of INR 8.75 Lakhs. However, the BR-V seems more of an MPV than an SUV, which raises serious questions over its success potential.

Hmm... since we already have the HR-V, I'm not sure if Honda will bring the BR-V here.

jerichojanolo and tapnclick1940 like this.