Up-to-date Mac OSX

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by joymd_ust, Jun 23, 2009.

1. joymd_ust

joymd_ust Member

Hello!

I am planning to buy a new 13" macbook pro in Hong Kong for our trip this coming July. It's cheaper there I think. The problem is I am so into the new OS coming this September after watching the keynote presentation done at the WWDC 09. I want/need the upgrade so before I buy the machine I am trying to get info on the update and how to acquire it. It was posted on the the Apple Philippines website that it cost around 500+++ pesos. I called up Apple Philippines' toll free number and inquired about it. The CS told me that if I plan to get the machine in Hong Kong, the up-to-date will only we available there in Hong Kong. If i purchase the machine from here (Philippines), I can only get it from here. It's not valid if i buy the machine in Hong Kong and get the update here. :(

It makes me lonely... sad and blue...

what would be the best solution to do? and is this really true? (still in denial here)

Definitely waiting is not an option!

joy

2. wildcard

wildcard Active Member

Well, If they say that the new OS will be available in September, then there's nothing you can do but wait till September.

Let me get his straight, the CS told you that if you buy the MBP in HK with Leopard in July, you can get a free upgrade to Snow Leopard but only in HK?

3. nnchong

nnchong Member

IMO, sometimes, the sellers here are cheaper. And if ever it's cheaper in HK, you're talking about 2-3thou.

You might be able to get a good deal with Charlie. :) HTH

4. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

If you save tons in HK, why not shell out 1k more. after all SL is just about 1,500Pesos

5. fcdiesta

fcdiesta PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

Isn't the up-to-date promo done via a download link or via a shipped DVD package? If so, that means you can still get it even if you bought it in HK, you just need to register online for the up-to-date promo after you buy the MBP and give them your local address.