Unmodify a Wii

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by Justin_, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Justin_

Justin_ Active Member

My family bought a Wii 2 years ago and it's modified to play you know what games. At first I didn't really mind but now newer games need firmware updates which the dude at the store said not to update the firmware or even go on the internet using it which is really pathetic. I'd like to play the Wii again but playing original games.

2. mannyespejo

mannyespejo Active Member

i think it's just a mod chip that allows you to play pirated disc on your wii, ask them if they can remove or disable it.

3. dep28

dep28 Active Member

go to VMall to ask around. Looked aroung online but didn't find anything on the topic.

Worst case scenario, you sell that off and get an unmodded one :)

4. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

they can easily change the modchip

5. madot

madot Member

I bought my wii 2 years ago from Greenhills. So as expected it was modified too, pero I never had any problems playing original games with it. I do remember that I updated the firmware once but still i can play both original and the not so :)

6. _geo_

_geo_ Member

There are nintendo updates now that are out to brick modded wiis.

7. lamski

lamski PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

Some new games also contain firmware updates that will brick modded Wiis.