Unlock your Globe or Smart locked iPhone for use with a different or international SIM

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by Adarna, Nov 30, 2017.

1. emiaj12

emiaj12 Member

Update: Issue Resolved - Globe created a case about my concern when I told them Apple insisted that it is their responsibility (showed them a screen shot of my chat conversation)

amieldh likes this.
  2. Joemer

Joemer New Member

Hi everyone,

Just want to ask if Globe will unlock an iPhone if I will secure a letter of request and a photo copy of the owner of the device. My sister gave me her iPhone 6S Plus and the phone is already out of contract and they were given a new iPhone as part of their retention plan. My sister is now out of the country and will return after 6 months.

3. neilrg

neilrg Well-Known Member

Hmm. Have your sister message them either on Twitter (@talk2Globe) or Messenger (Gie of Globe) so you wouldn’t have to do all that unnecessary paperwork :) They should be able to process that thru those channels

Joemer likes this.
  4. Adarna

Adarna Active Member

Pushing this up for iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max and iPhone Xr owners.

ste@lth likes this.
  5. ste@lth

ste@lth Well-Known Member

This is very good information, i was not aware that this is possible, i usually ask the mobile admin at the office to set my account for international roaming when i go abroad, didn’t know this was even possible, thanks for sharing!

6. Jayjay18

Jayjay18 New Member

Hi! I have a question po. I have here my 5s smartlocked bought galing online. Papaunlock ko sana, nagrerequire ba sila ng name ng 1st owner or just the imei lang ang isusubmit? Thank you!

7. prof_er

prof_er Active Member

Yes. The IMEI is link to the postpaid number. So they will have to ask for personal info. Or if you know the first owner, you might need an authorization letter.

8. Ashe

Ashe New Member

Hi po. I'll be out of the country next month but my iphone 6 is currently locked with smart and contract will end by next year 2020 pa. Possible po ba na mapa openline ko to kahit d pa out of contract?