Unlock iphone 11 pro with an at&t sim

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by Katrinaaaa, Oct 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katrinaaaa

Katrinaaaa New Member

Hi , I got my new iphone 11 pro yesterday and I can’t activate it because it needs an at&t sim card to activate it. Does anyone here have an old at&t sim , I can borrow ☹️ ? I don’t want to hassle myself by shipping the phone back to the US for my aunt to unlock it there , then ship it back again here.

thank you so much in advance!

and also , if you have any other tips on how to unlock an iphone 11 pro , kindly share it to me too! ☺️ Thanks!

2. Roman

Roman Moderator
    Staff Member

Are you talking of network unlock? That topic is not allowed here.

hitme64 likes this.
  3. Katrinaaaa

Katrinaaaa New Member

I'm so sorry I didn't know , I'm new here. Actually , I joined here because I saw a forum way back in 2011 that tackles the same issue that I am experiencing :(( . But is it called network unlock? because I just can't activate my phone and it says that my sim which is globe is an invalid sim. I'm totally clueless about this kind of thing. Again , sorry. I didn't know its not allowed in here :(((

4. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

You can activate that using any local sim in the physical slot, unless the iPhone you got is locked to a US telco. If it is locked to a telco, then it was bought in one of its any telco stores and not in an Apple Store which is usually unlocked for one or both sims. This I know because when I ordered thru the AS, there is an option if network locked or unlocked before ordering same. In any case, it is usually the e-sim slot which is locked while the physical sim slot is not.

So why would your aunt send you an AT&T-locked iPhone if she knew you’d be using it here?

5. Katrinaaaa

Katrinaaaa New Member

unfortunately the iphone is locked to a US telco. She said she bought it online and that she bought it unlocked but idk why I can't use my sim to activate my phone. We experienced this problem before on my sister's iphone 7 but lucky for her my aunt brought her old sim of at&t when she went here in the philippines that time so we easily activated her phone. In my case , We don't have that old sim anymore. Thus , me asking for someone if they have an old at&t sim I can borrow.

6. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Even if you have an AT&T sim to activate your iPhone here you still can’t use it here because of the operative word “locked.” I don’t subscribe to the contention that by using a US telco sim you can unlock your phone for use here. Only an unlocked iPhone can use PH sims or any other sims for that matter, be it US or Canadian or European. Just to be clear, network unlocking is a no-no here as @Roman has expressly said earlier.

7. Roman

Roman Moderator
    Staff Member

If it's locked to a US telco then you can't use it here in the Philippines.

Thread locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.