Unable to copy/burn dvds/vcds in macbook

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by paraluman, Aug 19, 2007.

1. paraluman

paraluman New Member

When I try to copy an audio cd or a vcd, the following messege appears:

Sorry, the operation cannot be completed because an unexpected error occured. (Error code-8058)

Also, when I tried copying a dvd via disk utility, the result was a dvd-r that had no free space but had no content either. More so, the macbook won't mount the dvd-r when i insert it.

Could something be wrong with my macbook? i followed the instructions in the disk utility to a T. :( so far, i've only been able to burn cds using itunes.

Any help would be most appreciated. Thanx! :D

2. boggs

boggs Member

have your macbook checked in the apple service centers, prolly your optical drive is busted. is your mb still under warranty?

3. zoo101

zoo101 Well-Known Member

@paraluman
    this is not the first time i heard of macbook superdrives bogging down... dont worry, apple warranty covers that

4. paraluman

paraluman New Member

I bought applecare for my macbook. I hope they'll be able to fix it. Thanx for the replies! :rolleyes:

5. ice.princess

ice.princess Guest

The problem is probably software related if u were able to burn cds via itunes. :) i hope powermac cures your macbook asap.