TV Series Anticipation Thread

Discussion in 'Media and content' started by Ghibli, Jul 12, 2018.

1. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

Casting calls have already started from fans. Leading the pack, the Logan tandem of Hugh Jackman and Dafne Keen. They can also cast Ellen Page who almost sued Naughty Dog for likeness to the Ellie character though I think she's already too old by now.

"kinse_44, post: 1533912, member: 6483"]A huge part of me is excited for this as the game really left a mark (no other game made me a fan like TLOU that I know who wrote the story, who the actors were, who wrote the music, and other trivia about the game), but also anxious on how close to the source are they gonna make this. Are they sticking to Joel and Ellie’s story only like it was in the game, or are we getting the usual drama we see on TV that several characters get their own story arcs? I hope it’s the former. I only want to get attached to the two protagonists, Joel and Ellie, because that’s what made the game grounded and emotional.

Pretty sure it’ll be years before we get to watch the TV series. I have a feeling this series will arrive when TWD finally calls it off. For now, fans has TLOU Part 2 to finish first when it arrives in May.

PS. I sure do wish Neil Druckman gives the actors from the game a cameo in the TV series for us fans of the game. That would be super awesome.[/QUOTE]

2. kinse_44

kinse_44 PhilMUG Addict Member

The Logan tandem would definitely be a fan favorite for good reasons. But Dafne Keen has her own HBO project with His Dark Materials that seems to be pushed by HBO because of the big budget they invested in it.

One of the current young actresses that were mentioned that I liked was Kaitlyn Dever. She definitely can act (I'm confident she can nail those hugot lines by Ellie from the game), but
    can she play the bad ass side of Ellie?

For Joel, another popular choice was Nikolaj Coster-Waldau. He certainly looks like Joel in the game.

Here's a good poster made by a TLOU fan Olly Gibbs on Twitter[​IMG]

#122 kinse_44, Mar 31, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    Theus, hitme64, leninmac and 2 others like this.
  3. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Killing Eve Season 3 is back in a few days. And, based on the trailers, Eve is definitely alive and well. Villanelle will have her hands full. Again.

Sunil_K and Dgame12345 like this.
  4. Ghibli

Ghibli PhilMUG Addict Member

Synopsis: Lovecraft Country follows "Atticus Black as he joins up with his friend Letitia and his Uncle George to embark on a road trip across 1950s Jim Crow America in search of his missing father. This begins a struggle to survive and overcome both the racist terrors of white America and the terrifying monsters that could be ripped from a Lovecraft paperback."

It's based on a book written by Matt Ruff with the same name. Looks interesting as it features racism and lovecraftian monsters set in 1950s, sign me up.

Will air on HBO, August 2020.

5. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

Just watched episode 1 of The Head on HBO Go. I ignored it at first because of the show title, but it’s a good watch. Based in an Antarctica base, it’s sort of like the movie The Thing
    4F204873-6B1D-4E4F-8678-DF6AA51DE1FC.jpeg

6. hitme64

Condor (S3) and Blindspot (S5) are back. Unfortunately they’re not on Netflix so being creative is the only choice. Some of the more popular serials are taking a backseat for now until studios finally start filming again.

SE20 likes this.
  7. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

Yay, I've been waiting for Condor. But for a while there I thought I had missed an entire Season 2. It's S02 that started...

I stopped Blindspot somewhere around S03.

hitme64 likes this.
  8. hitme64

^There’s no US release; what is out is the Spanish premiere. So far there are only two episodes since June 8th.

9. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

Ok, not like The Thing pala, this is an Antarctic whodunit series. I’m enjoying it though

greta87 likes this.
  10. hitme64

The Twilight Zone is back. Season 2 streamed on June 25. From what I’ve seen so far, the episodes are better than last season. Lots of new performers in the TZ genre also, so it’s a blast to watch.

bugs and Sunil_K like this.
  11. wem272

wem272 Active Member

Foundation on Apple TV begins 2021.

I really have big hopes for this show.

Ghibli and hitme64 like this.
  12. Ghibli

Ghibli PhilMUG Addict Member

Second trailer featuring Lovecraft Country.

Looks spectacular. Will add it to my viewing list. Premiers August 16 on HBO.

13. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

good thing you clarified it. was avoiding it since I thought it was like the Thing. will check this out soon

14. greta87

I'm midway into Season 1 of Condor and I am hooked. great series.

Godfather, hitme64, Sunil_K and 2 others like this.
  15. sabsar

sabsar Well-Known Member

Great series!

hitme64, Sunil_K and greta87 like this.
  16. greta87

^ almost done with Season 2. ha ha

hitme64 and Sunil_K like this.
  17. hitme64

The end was, for lack of it, underwhelming but satisfying nonetheless. I can’t seem to agree that Joe Turner, who we thought has a higher moral ascendancy for a spy/analyst, would in the end do the honors of offing the mole (no spoilers there but I guess you know by now) and feel relieved. Revenge is a dish best served cold. The character arc of Reuel Abbott also ended though it wasn’t as spectacular which is a shame. He who started it all would’ve have been given a better and bloodier sendoff than Trace.

greta87 likes this.
  18. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

Me too, and there are surprisingly poignant dialogue in this show, least expectedly coming from the merciless assassin Joubert.

Gabrielle Joubert : For two million years, we spent most of our time just keeping ourselves alive. Killing the food we needed to keep us from starving, building shelter so we wouldn't freeze, fighting our enemies to protect what was ours. Now we spend our days doing jobs we don't care about, so we can spend our nights in front of a television that tells us to go online and buy things, things we don't need, using money we never see or touch, yet it enslaves us. We've left the real world for an imaginary one, and it's made us crazy.

Bob Partridge : Didn't it also make us into a civilized society?

Gabrielle Joubert :
    No. It's made us America.

greta87, SE20 and Sunil_K like this.
  19. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

Condor Season 1 is closer to a Jack Ryan type series
    Condor Season 2 is closer to a John Le Carre novel (and then it snapped back to a Jack Ryan feel in the final scenes)

And throughout both seasons the biggest question for me has been...
    Isn't the actress playing Mae Barer a bit too uncomfortably close in physical age to the dude playing her son?

20. greta87

the kid is 17 right? & Mae is supposed to be in her early to mid 30s?