Tunes 9.0.1

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by antz, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Bewired

Bewired Member

this is great! nice one. issues resolved for me...

2. booblanco

booblanco Active Member

from MacWorld:

if you prefer the “maximize when clicked” behavior for the green button in iTunes 9.0.1, here’s how to get it back. Quit iTunes if it’s running, and enter this command in Terminal (in Applications -> Utilities):
    defaults write com.apple.iTunes zoom-to-window -bool YES

Restart iTunes, and the green button will now maximize the window when clicked, just as it did in iTunes 9. To revert to the iTunes 9.0.1 behavior of showing the mini player, quit iTunes and enter this command in Terminal:
    defaults delete com.apple.iTunes zoom-to-window

3. rebelpixel

rebelpixel Guest

Curiously, it's an 89mb update for a 0.0.1 increment in version number. It seems there may be a handful of problems with the first iTunes 9 release.

I lost a huge chuck of my ipod library just recently, everything went back to 1 year ago, though I'm not sure if it's totally iTunes' fault.

4. spongebob24

spongebob24 Member

I'm Just downloading it right now, just arrived from laguna.

5. francisko

francisko Member

quick question guys, its kinda out of the topic but i hope you can help me with this one.. can i make a US acct in itunes even if i'm here in PI? someone told me that its possible if I use a US address?

Thanks!

6. Clarice

Clarice Member

Yes, that's possible. Make sure you also have a US-issued credit card.

7. ishg

ishg I'm female!
    Staff Member

If you're just planning to download free stuff, you can follow the instructions here, no credit card required. :)

8. cmsy27

cmsy27 Member

Downloading 9.0.1 now.

@ francisko -- Are you planning to download just free apps? If so, then you have to click on a free app first before you sign up, then you'll see a 'none' option payment. You also need a U.S. address but it's pretty easy. Pick a state, a street (doesn't need to be detailed), and look up the corresponding U.S. zip code number on the internet. Search for area codes online too (for the phone number). Apart from that, you don't need a working U.S. number. Just make one up. Worked for me. =)

9. francisko

francisko Member

wow this forum is really helpful.. bilis pa reply.. thanks guys!

danceyourpain, 1 more question.. what if i want to purchse an app? can i use my credit card (not US issued though)?

10. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

if your credit card is a philippines credit card you can only download paid apps using itunes philippines. if you want to download paid apps in the us itunes store, & you don't have an us credit card, get a itunes gift card & load it in your us itunes account.

11. ishg

ishg I'm female!
    Staff Member

US iTunes Store - US-issued card or iTunes Gift Card (try ebay or contact longbeard)
    PH iTunes Store - locally-issued card

12. francisko

francisko Member

thanks guys.. it's all making sense now.. last question, where can i buy itunes gift card (aside from ebay)?is it available only in US or do they have it here in manila?

sorry for all the questions.. m just starting to use the app store ksi.. i only use itunes ksi to sync songs to my ipod. ngayon ko lang ine-explore ang appstore.

13. Skint

Skint Well-Known Member

Go tune card google it. :) HTH

14. mbp_user

mbp_user Member

i know they are selling gift cards in Powermac Center. i saw some in PMC megamall. :)

15. ijingo

ijingo Active Member

What's the fastest way to delete double entry tracks. Like iTunes loaded 2 songs of each. I am deleting each of them. Thanks

[​IMG]

#35 ijingo, Oct 7, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  16. cmsy27

cmsy27 Member

I've always wanted to know this. Why does it do this anyway? It's annoying. =|

17. rycua

rycua Member

this happened to me before...
    since i intentionally had some music with duplicate entries due to varied releases i knew i'd be deleting most of them manually...

good thing there's a "show duplicates" feature! under "File"
    this made things less complicated... at least that way i'd be able to focus only on the music files that had duplicates!
    i simply select multiple music files by holding the "command" button and clicking the other files i would like to delete...
    after which i simply hit "command + delete" :)

good luck those those with thousands of duplicates to sort though!
    lucky i prefer this method (i'm OC this way) :p

#37 rycua, Oct 8, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  18. pgmac123

pgmac123 Member

thanks for the heads up :cool:

19. dryxzzz

dryxzzz Active Member

@ijingo & cmsy27
    You might have converted those entries from a certain audio format to another (e.g. aiff to mp3). Converting an item retains the original and create a new one having the same filename with different file extension within the same folder. Check it via right click > show in finder. Granting with the given reason, here's an easy way to get rid of those double entries in iTunes:
    1. Click the column view icon from the toolbar above or click View from the menu bar then choose as List.
    2. From the Column Browser, select the Artists or Albums where duplicates you knew exist.
    3. A right click on the column header, after the rightmost column, will appear other column categories, check Kind.
    4. Click the Kind column to toggle its sort order (ascending/descending). Your list is now sorted according to its audio format.
    5. Decide what audio format to delete then click the first item then shift-click the last item to highlight your choices.
    6. Press Delete or Backspace key, a prompt appears, choose Remove. Another prompt will appear then choose whether Keep Files or Move to Trash.
    * Keep Files - removes items only in iTunes, remains in the folder.
    * Move to Trash - I guess you know what this means.
    May these help. ;)

20. suavecito

suavecito PhilMUG Addict Member

Usually mp3 foLders that contain m3u files create duplicate whenever you drag the whole album folder in itunes.